Corsair Community

MSI CORSAIR HYDRO 1080ti - Hitting 86 degrees

TB0ne

i have had this card for nearly 3 years, has been fine... of lately if the card gets pushed so 90-99% utilisation so say running 120fps in a demanding game the temp can get as high as 86 Celcius even with the radiator fan running 100%

Could the pump be gone is there a way to check, I have even reapplied thermal paste with conductonaught so the best you can and it does not help. I notice the backplate and the radiator are scorching hot so it's like no heat is being taken from the radiator for some reason.

Any ideas!

The gpu backplate is plenty warm even in a full water cooled model. My old Titan X hybrid would sit around 50C on the top plate When pushed. However, a scorching hot radiator is concerning. It really shouldn’t be more than the coolant temp and that is the worrying part.

The next time you are playing, go to a in game menu or alt+tab down to the desktop. This should drop clocks and voltages on the gpu to minimal levels. The gpu temp should then be about the coolant temp. This could be anywhere between 35-50C depending on how long you've been a playing. If the gpu still reads 50-70C on the desktop, then there likely is some type of flow issue.

I have no idea what the warranty was on that model, if MSI is responsible or Corsair, or either. Not sure if the construction and if you can simple bolt on a new 120mm AIO to replace it.