Corsair Community

Corsair RGB strip in asus gpu rgb header

Petepp69

I have 2 extra rgb stips from my node pro and expansion kit. I was wondering if they are proprietary because they look like they can fit in a regular header and I have a rgb header on my ASUS 1080 TI strix and I want to put them to use and if i can put them in no problem, can i control them with aura sync instead of icue because i already have that doing its own thing.

The corsair strips are standard WS2812B 5V addressable LEDs.

I don't know what the header looks like on your GPU but it's unlikely to work with the addressable strips. Do you have a picture of this header? Some info on the specs as well?

Again, I do think it's unlikely. But if you have some additional info, I can give you a better idea.

• 1 month later...
I have 2 extra rgb stips from my node pro and expansion kit. I was wondering if they are proprietary because they look like they can fit in a regular header and I have a rgb header on my ASUS 1080 TI strix and I want to put them to use and if i can put them in no problem, can i control them with aura sync instead of icue because i already have that doing its own thing.

That’s a 12v rgb header on the gpu. The only thing you will accomplish is to fry your strip.