Corsair Community

Corsair Vengeance Pro Coloured heatsinks

brighttail

Hey there,

I'm thinking of buying a new ROG motherboard and was wondering is there any way to change the coloured heatsinks I have on my current Corsair Vengeance Pro memory with a different colour without having to buy new ram? Red will go with the new Motherboard far better than blue.

Thanks,

BT

Hey there,

I'm thinking of buying a new ROG motherboard and was wondering is there any way to change the coloured heatsinks I have on my current Corsair Vengeance Pro memory with a different colour without having to buy new ram? Red will go with the new Motherboard far better than blue.

Thanks,

BT

I think they are not supposed to be removable and removing them will more than likely void your warranty.

Hi,

Removing a heatsink won't void the warranty (don't forget people buy H2O blocks for RAM too), but paint job will void. As if for RMA, item has to come back to them in "stock" condition, so any custom paint job or additional parts that make your item (in this case:RAM) not be possible to get it back to stock condition, then it's void.

It's possible to remove heatsinks from almost all RAM. The general method is to apply even heat with a heatgun to warm up the glues and thermal pads holding the sink in place, then slip the heatsink off. I'm inclined to say it WILL NOT void the warranty, as most companies are watercooling friendly these days, and this is part of the proccess to watercool a stick of RAM. Just be cautious, and maybe google a few video guides to get an idea of what you're aiming to do with that heatgun.

• Administrators
It's possible to remove heatsinks from almost all RAM. The general method is to apply even heat with a heatgun to warm up the glues and thermal pads holding the sink in place, then slip the heatsink off. I'm inclined to say it WILL NOT void the warranty, as most companies are watercooling friendly these days, and this is part of the proccess to watercool a stick of RAM. Just be cautious, and maybe google a few video guides to get an idea of what you're aiming to do with that heatgun.
Klompet - Removing the heatsink WILL void the warranty. Don't unglue them. Now if you just remove the top of certain DHX modules is fine as they have screws to allow this to happen.

Again, I cannot be clear enough on this - removing the heatsinks (e.g. ungluing them) WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.

Klompet - Removing the heatsink WILL void the warranty. Don't unglue them. Now if you just remove the top of certain DHX modules is fine as they have screws to allow this to happen.

Again, I cannot be clear enough on this - removing the heatsinks (e.g. ungluing them) WILL VOID THE WARRANTY.

Ah I apologise, I didnt see the staff flag - I thought it was another guessed answer! Well, there you have it, the method to void your warranty! ;)

Removing the whole heatsink WILL void the warranty. The only thing removable is the colored upper bar.

Thank you for your response. Looking around more on this issue, it does look like the coloured bar could come off but it isn't designed to do so "in the field" as it is a clip on (not screwed) and taking it off incorrectly could hurt the solder points of the heat sink.

Well foo. I was hoping to change to red. I guess at some point I may have to get higher clocked ram anyway with the new 5th gen processors, maybe then.

Yup. Sorry for what I said. I thought that if people get H2O on their RAM doesn't void warranty if removing heatsinks.. by logic.

Anyways: either paint or remove heatsink=no warranty.

if its hold by screws makes sense but I've seen cases of people breaking them when trying to unglue them, you need to put heat on them

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived