Corsair Community

Microphone problem with my Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2

ateRstones

I'm owning a Corsair Vengeance 1500 v2 for 2 months now and recently noticed a problem with it.

If I use my microphone and record it, one of the audio tracks has a static noise and the other doesn't. I've tested the problem with Audacity on two seperate computers. Both had it. Here's a picture of Audacity:

http://i.imgur.com/8HUMY45.png

The mic is also a bit quiet, but that's not so important.

There's also an other problem, which seems related. I'm having a high pitched static sound after the microphone has been in use. The noise on the track and this sound seem to be the same. If I go to sound and then switch from the input devices to the output devices, the sound disappears until the microphone is used the next time.

I'm hoping for help

LG ateRstones

Edit: Sorry for the image being so big.

Try going in windows playback devices, selecting the corsair device, going to "levels" and bringing the "line" and "microphone" levels to 0. You could mute them I guess, but I prefer manually dragging to 0 in case it ever un-mutes at some point, whereas their levels are less likely to automatically increase.

See if this helps, because while it should play back instantly similar to sidetone and thus sound a little natural, it may show up in recordings.

I know if you just recorded your mic it shouldn't happen, but it's the only thing I could think of right now. Hope it's at least of some use!

I don't really know how, but I got it fixed. I tried to install the old drivers and after that I was able to choose a extension under sound, which suppresses low fequenzies from the mic. Because of it there isn't any problem anymore.

Edit: It didn't work completly. The static noise is the, but you can't see it on the audiotrack. :/ But its better.

Archived