The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Solid State Drives (SSD) > SSD Firmware Update

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 4.69 average. Display Modes
Old 08-19-2014, 01:29 PM
FeniX's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723602
FeniX Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobeard View Post
Don't download files from 3rd party sites. Download it direct from us: http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsa.../CSSDT1000.exe
cool, I couldn't find official link, that surely does it :D

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:39 AM
Enigma0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 723734
Enigma0 Reputation: 10

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:52 PM

POST ID # = 725975
ShadyPkg Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
This thread is about 6 months old where 1 person had an issue. I don't think this is a widespread issue that requires debugging.
Had this same exact problem. Google'd the issue to find dozens of forum posts having the same problem with no solution. Finally, just before giving up, I ran across this post and used V1.0 of the Toolbox and was finally able to update the firmware. Made an account just to inform you that this may be a problem worth addressing.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:02 PM
Enigma0's PC Specs

POST ID # = 726029
Enigma0 Reputation: 10

I can confirm that it worked for me as well.

Old 10-12-2014, 02:08 AM

POST ID # = 734912
alchn Reputation: 10

Same problem with the latest toolbox, tried many times.

Uninstall the latest toolbox and installed the older toolbox 1.0. Work instantly! Thanks.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:24 AM

POST ID # = 741603
Mutrol Reputation: 10

Fenix, i had the exactly same problem, spent days trying to solve. You are my savior man, thank you so much!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeniX View Post
This is so weird! We have a Corsair Neutron 240 (blue one) here, and for second day I am trying to get the firmware updated from M306 to M311 and it always fails no matter what. I tried it on 3 different systems, running either win7x64 or win8.1x64, AHCI, IDE or RAID, with MS drivers or Intel drivers, always the same error ... what a joke it is!

Using SSD Toolbox 1.2, has anybody successfully flashed firmware update from M306 to M311???

Reason why I want to get the firmware updated on this drive (OS drive for UEFI win8.1) at all cost is that the SSD has a problem at cold boot sometimes, it simply isn't present in UEFI/BIOS every few days in morning when user tries booting his computer up, after hitting restart button a few times it shows up and works normally then. Was hoping the firmware update could fix it, but cannot get it complete, update always fails instantly.

Now secure wiping the drive, will see if that helps... annoying.

update:
Secure Wipe did not help at all, fw update still fails instantly, I even tried hot unplugging the drive and replugging it back while it was running as secondary drive thinking it might unlock it or unfreeze. no dice, still update fails.

... but, as the LAST resort I uninstalled the Toolbox 1.2.2 and installed the old 1.0 version, and guess what!!! it updated the firmware successfully! unbelievable!!
hope it helps others.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:29 AM

POST ID # = 741605
Mutrol Reputation: 10

Has the same problem as fenix. Have to totally agree with him. I think most people does not bother to post here (because of the register, etc). Most people will just apply the solution and its done.

Quote:
This thread is about 6 months old where 1 person had an issue. I don't think this is a widespread issue that requires debugging.

Old 12-26-2014, 06:53 PM
What am I doing here?
equlizer34's PC Specs

POST ID # = 749197
equlizer34 Reputation: 10

I just tried with 1.0 and firmware did not upgrade either :(

Old 12-27-2014, 06:15 AM

POST ID # = 749301
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Make sure the SSD is plugged into the Intel SATA port.
Have you tried the update with the latest chipset drivers and the MSAHCI drivers?

Old 12-31-2014, 10:11 PM
rwpritchett's PC Specs

POST ID # = 750257
rwpritchett Reputation: 10

Just chiming in with a thank you directed at FeniX. Corsair SSD Toolbox v1.2.2.3 is broken. I've been trying for months to update from M206 to M208. Using v1.0 worked perfectly.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:41 PM

POST ID # = 755278
MediMan Reputation: 10
Default Toolbox 1.2.2.5 Didn't work either...

Registered just to say 'Thanks FeniX'. I finally have a successful update. I've been trying for a while now due to a couple of read errors to update the firmware on my Neutron 256 with no success. I was using Toolbox 1.2.2.3 with no luck. I saw the updated Toolbox 1.2.2.5 and decided to give it a go. Two systems (AMD and Intel) and all the tips and suggestions found in the forum produced failure after failure. Found this tip for the OLD toolbox (and the provided link) and tried it on the AMD system... No update.. Tried it on the Intel system. BOOM! Update successful (M311).Thanks FeniX for providing the link. Now lets see if the errors continue to pile up or hold steady.

Old 01-28-2015, 06:44 AM

POST ID # = 756649
endersx Reputation: 10

I can confirm this worked for me too. I also created an account primarily to relay this. Spent days trying to get my Corsair Neutron 256Gb SSD back to life after it just stopped working only to find a warning that the SSD had a raw read failure of sorts noted in the SMART status. I then tried to update the firmware. Tried numerous PC's, enclosures, OS's etc. The update kept failing with the error messages in this thread. The only thing that worked was to use Toolbox 1.0?? Thanks for all the help and for this thread. Please do not delete!!

Old 02-11-2015, 07:02 PM

POST ID # = 759673
Assimilator87 Reputation: 10

Thanks everyone! Using the older Toolbox totally worked! It's great to see that Corsair hasn't addressed this issue, which dates back seven months since the solution was found *Rolls eyes so hard*

Old 03-17-2015, 12:19 PM

POST ID # = 766785
Commonsens Reputation: 10
Twisted

Quote:

What a "corporate" response. and a FALSE one too!

Am a system engineer with 20 year experience, and I hate your replay; so let me educate you boy:

1) most users will NOT be able to find this thread
2) most users will not even notice that there firmware is not updated
3) most users will simply READ this thread for the answer, as they have been conditioned NOT to post over and over the same question, hence, they do not ask.
4) and YES btw : I have the SAME issue with my 240GB Neutron GtX : Its CONFIRMED : its the 1.2 toolbox who is THE problem {so dear users, get the 1.0.0.0 and everything will be fine.}

yellowbeard: very UN-professional to patronize the users and use "generic" replies, especially when YOU do not know what YOU are talking about.

Last edited by Commonsens; 03-17-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: confirmation

Old 03-17-2015, 01:33 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 766807
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonsens View Post
What a "corporate" response. and a FALSE one too!
You're right, it wasn't 1 poster in a 6 month period ... it was two posters in a 5 month period at the time he posted that.

Quote:
yellowbeard: very UN-professional to patronize the users and use "generic" replies, especially when YOU do not know what YOU are talking about.
Since you're new here I'll give you the benefit of the doubt - Yellowbeard cannot defend himself: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135320

I'll bring this technical issue up internally, but I'm not allowing this assault on a friend to continue. Thread closed.

Closed Thread