Xploder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1029700
Xploder Reputation: 10
Sly Sound issues Corsair Virtuoso - Found a solution

For those like me who experience many sound issues like :

- Random sound cuts
- Distorted sound (cell phone like)
- Signal losses
- Bad sound in older game engine (for example : Rocket League PC)
- Problems even with Windows base driver without iCUE, problems present
on PS4 also

The solution is to use the Slipstream Multi-Devices iCUE open beta version in this thread : https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho....php?p=1024527

I use the audio dongle that comes with my Virtuoso Headset to pair 2 devices (USB dongle from the Harpoon wireless is not longer needed).

I have an Harpoon Wireless mouse and a Virtuoso SE headset.

All the audio crackle, cuts, distortion is gone with this solution !!
** Probably because newer firmware version for both the USB dongle and the Virtuoso headset **

Please let me know if it does the trick for you !
Feel free to ask for help, i've tried everything else

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-10-2020, 03:36 PM

POST ID # = 1030850
Hawkeey Reputation: 10

It does not fix it for me.
Did you get the static/crackling while playing games? or also while listening to music?
In addition, how did you install it? Was it through deinstalling the old version + deinstalling drivers, was there a special method?
What is your experience when installing the newest version iCue that got released 6th of January?

Old 01-10-2020, 07:29 PM
Xploder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1030872

In order to install the Multi Devices iCUE version, you have to uninstall iCUE first following these steps :

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/ar...y-Engine-iCUE-

Also don't forget to remove Corsair Virtuoso headset in your " Devices" in Windows 10.

After successfully uninstall iCUE, go ahead with the installation of the iCUE beta following this thread : https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho....php?p=1024527

After installing this beta version, do not update iCUE even if there's a message for this.

Only update the Corsair Virtuoso Headset firmware and the Virtuoso USB dongle frmware.

After all theses steps, no audio crackling, noise, distortion, etc. Perfectly working for me !! ��

*** Important, do not update iCUE because the option for multi-devices slipstream will be hidden from the iCUE software *** I did not try but i'm following the advice of a Corsair tech support on this forum ***

Give me news please :)

Last edited by Xploder; 01-10-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Old 01-28-2020, 04:52 PM

POST ID # = 1033162
Litepac Reputation: 10

xploder - can you please read my thread, and tell me if you know a fix for that?

Old 01-28-2020, 04:55 PM

POST ID # = 1033164
Xetoxyc Reputation: 10

Does not fix anything for me

Old 01-28-2020, 07:37 PM
Xploder's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1033184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetoxyc View Post
Does not fix anything for me
Did you update the firmware with the iCUE beta version....tell me more please

Old 02-15-2020, 05:51 PM

POST ID # = 1035130
donamelas Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xploder View Post
In order to install the Multi Devices iCUE version, you have to uninstall iCUE first following these steps :

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/ar...y-Engine-iCUE-

Also don't forget to remove Corsair Virtuoso headset in your " Devices" in Windows 10.

After successfully uninstall iCUE, go ahead with the installation of the iCUE beta following this thread : https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho....php?p=1024527

After installing this beta version, do not update iCUE even if there's a message for this.

Only update the Corsair Virtuoso Headset firmware and the Virtuoso USB dongle frmware.

After all theses steps, no audio crackling, noise, distortion, etc. Perfectly working for me !! ��

*** Important, do not update iCUE because the option for multi-devices slipstream will be hidden from the iCUE software *** I did not try but i'm following the advice of a Corsair tech support on this forum ***

Give me news please :)
I did all this and didn't update... same problems... crackling sound :(

Old 02-23-2020, 10:39 AM
Awake_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1035792
Awake_ Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Virtuoso Sound Issue

I sometimes get the crackling issue and it only seems to happen if i leave the headset idle when afk or when my headset randomly stops playing audio and makes a loud whining sound for no apparent reason and then switches to a crackling sound.

Have had this issue since the day i got the headset at the start of this year

I only use the headset using the included USB-C cable

I've only used it with slipstream twice for about 10 min, once just to try it normally, and once just to try it while in VR but it makes me get hot quicker and my room gets warm easily. In my time using it with slipstream i have not had an issue and i hope that its not a haven't had an issue yet.

I have already tried reinstalling windows to fix but nothing, and there is nothing on the internet about the whining sound. Does anyone else have the loud wining issue

Last edited by Awake_; 04-06-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:24 PM
ApexProxy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039233
ApexProxy Reputation: 10

I was dealing with severe sound problems with my Virtuoso SE when I first got it on Friday. I got nasty distorted sound that came and went randomly for no apparent reason as well as suddenly all audio would cease to play and my mic would cut as though the headset completely lost connection and this would last several seconds. It was completely unusable.

As a last ditch effort before returning the headset I completely uninstalled all drivers labeled with virtuoso off Device Manager including a couple disconnected ones and then unplugged the headset. I then ran Wise Program Uninstaller to uninstall iCUE leaving settings intact (I had no willpower to redo all my lighting) but cleaning off left behind registry entries. Then I rebooted and plugged back in the Virtuoso and then installed iCUE and immediately rebooted again. When it came back I opened iCUE and did a forced firmware update and then repaired it and set the sleep timer to 5 mins. At first everything was great until about 5 minutes later the headset did the reset/cut out again so I went back into settings and set the sleep timer to 30 mins. I was able to craft mines (gotta really push the 2080S ya know?) for 4 hours without a single audio hiccup after that. Even after a reboot the headset is still working perfectly. The high timer really keeps it awake when it's not being used a lot so I am likely going to just put it into wired mode when I am not using it.

I do note that the dongle light turns white when it first powers on and after maybe 20 seconds starts blinking red and then after several minutes it just turns off completely. When the headset sleeps the blinking returns for several minutes before turning off again.

Last edited by ApexProxy; 03-29-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:43 AM

POST ID # = 1039420
Fraehngi Reputation: 10

Hey mate, it's been nearly three days now. Are you still without problems?

Old 03-31-2020, 11:36 AM
Allons-y !
djase's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1039461
djase Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexProxy View Post
I was dealing with severe sound problems with my Virtuoso SE when I first got it on Friday. I got nasty distorted sound that came and went randomly for no apparent reason as well as suddenly all audio would cease to play and my mic would cut as though the headset completely lost connection and this would last several seconds. It was completely unusable.

As a last ditch effort before returning the headset I completely uninstalled all drivers labeled with virtuoso off Device Manager including a couple disconnected ones and then unplugged the headset. I then ran Wise Program Uninstaller to uninstall iCUE leaving settings intact (I had no willpower to redo all my lighting) but cleaning off left behind registry entries. Then I rebooted and plugged back in the Virtuoso and then installed iCUE and immediately rebooted again. When it came back I opened iCUE and did a forced firmware update and then repaired it and set the sleep timer to 5 mins. At first everything was great until about 5 minutes later the headset did the reset/cut out again so I went back into settings and set the sleep timer to 30 mins. I was able to craft mines (gotta really push the 2080S ya know?) for 4 hours without a single audio hiccup after that. Even after a reboot the headset is still working perfectly. The high timer really keeps it awake when it's not being used a lot so I am likely going to just put it into wired mode when I am not using it.

I do note that the dongle light turns white when it first powers on and after maybe 20 seconds starts blinking red and then after several minutes it just turns off completely. When the headset sleeps the blinking returns for several minutes before turning off again.
I have the same issues and as soon as I read your topic I decided to follow your solution. So far everything is working perfectly. Hopefully it will last.

Thanks to you.

Old 04-04-2020, 05:00 AM

POST ID # = 1039953
Fraehngi Reputation: 10

Just wanted to come back real quick. I've tried the 30 minute sleep timer and still had total loss of connection. Just disabled it at all and since it's running without problems! Yay!

Old 04-21-2020, 11:00 PM
ApexProxy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1042471
ApexProxy Reputation: 10

Update: I found that shutting off a cheap bluetooth transmitter I was using on a TV in the other room was also causing some interference that compounded the issue. With my previous fix plus shutting that off I cannot tell that I am not wired. For those having problems I highly recommend you search your house for bluetooth sources and shut them off if possible.

Side Note: I noticed something that made perfect sense, I walked by my microwave that was running with my headset on and the signal was completely scrambled. Microwaves operate on almost exactly the same wavelength as bluetooth and 2.4GHz WiFi so it stands to reason that these two other sources could be causing some people's issues. My router is a Rapture GT-AX11000 (with bluetooth coexistence disabled) and I seem to be having no signal problems even a foot away from it but I suspect a cheaper router could have an impact.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:08 AM

POST ID # = 1042496
muldoone Reputation: 10
Default Worked for me

I recently bought this headset friday (17/04/2020) and started experiencing issues within a few hours of crackling audio when playing games etc.

So i tried a few different ways to solve it like uninstalling everything and re installing software first before the device drivers and forcing udpates to the device but still experienced issues and thought i will have to send them back.

Then i tried the solution above as a last resort on sunday (19/04/2020) and so far they have been working perfectly.

Its a shame the issues are so common as when this headset works as it should it is really good.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:44 AM

POST ID # = 1044754
sL4sha Reputation: 10

I have also been having these issues for 2 months now:

- Random sound cuts
- Distorted sound (cell phone like)
- Signal losses
- Bad sound

Its random sometimes it works perfect but most the time its cutting in and out especially with big bass in games.

Ill try look for BT devices when i get home, as corsair support have been useless basically telling me to return for another pair which i cannot do as i don't have receipt/box and are 2 months old now.

Never had issues with corsair until now and this whole bad premium product and support experience has made me reluctant to dive into the latest and greatest with them next time so hopefully a rep watches these forums and can give the tech team a good kick in the *** to get a fw patch out.

Tags
firmware, issue, problem, sound, virtuoso