Corsair Community

Lighting node pro is not showing in corsair link anymore

Goose935

Hi all,

This is my first post here as I am new. I have just recently bought the 570x case and with it i bought the 3pack of the ll120's.

My problem is that the lighting node pro was working perfectly, now when i restarted my pc, LNP no longer shows in Corsair Link?

I have googled and came across the option of updating the firmware by using the button on the lighting node pro itself to open the CRP_DISABLED drive and replace that firmware file. Unfortunately it still does not show in Corsair Link.

I find it very odd that it just stopped working and cant find another example of this online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these fans look beautiful and I just want them to work again.

I have installed SIV64 but am not familiar with it. If there are any screenshots I need to attach, please let me know.

Regards

Goose

First, let's take a look at things in USBDView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). When you run this, it'll list USB devices on the system. You'll want to look in the "VendorID" column for "1b1c" (that's Corsair) and then a Product ID of "0c0b". That will be the Lighting Node Pro.

It should show if it's connected or not.

If it's not connected, we need to start looking at the cables.

First, if you can, use a different internal USB header. If that's not possibly, you can use a mini USB cable to plug into the LNP and then into an external USB port.

Also, try changing the adapter. And make sure that it's SATA straight from the PSU and not via a molex-to-SATA adapter.

USBDView will print an HTML report (View ... HTML Report). If you want to generate one and post it here, we can take a look.

First, let's take a look at things in USBDView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html). When you run this, it'll list USB devices on the system. You'll want to look in the "VendorID" column for "1b1c" (that's Corsair) and then a Product ID of "0c0b". That will be the Lighting Node Pro.

It should show if it's connected or not.

If it's not connected, we need to start looking at the cables.

First, if you can, use a different internal USB header. If that's not possibly, you can use a mini USB cable to plug into the LNP and then into an external USB port.

Also, try changing the adapter. And make sure that it's SATA straight from the PSU and not via a molex-to-SATA adapter.

USBDView will print an HTML report (View ... HTML Report). If you want to generate one and post it here, we can take a look.

Hi DevBiker,

I see in USBDView that the vendorID matches but the productID is "0c0c". Could this be the SP120's hatg come with the case?

I find it strange that it is the cabling because it was working last night.

In siv64 under LINK DEVICES, it was showing up as detecting lighting node pro but it was not active. I clicked uninstall in the hope that i could reinstall it but i cant find any driver for the lighting node pro online and I have alread updated the firmware through the CPS DISABLED drive.

It wont allow me to upload the html file, it says it is invalid??

That's the ID for the boot loader for the new ROM. So it's in the mode to load the new firmware. I can't say that I know how to get it out of that mode.

So ... in USBDView, is that the only device that matches the Vendor ID? And try changing the HTML file name to .txt. Or zipping it and attaching it. Ugh.

And we've seen cases where the device worked, then didn't work ... and swapping the cables fixed it right up. Don't ask me why that worked, it just did. (At some point, one doesn't argue with 'working').

The USB cable for the Lighting Node Pro; it should be plugged into a motherboard USB header. The plug on the LNP will be a standard (albeit a touch dated) mini-USB port. You can use any mini-USB cable to connect it to a USB port, even one that's in the IO shield of your case.

That said, if it's still in firmware update mode, it may not show up. I don't know; I never did or needed to do that.

Also, can you confirm that the power connection is a direct SATA connection from the power supply and not via a molex-to-sata adapter?

The USB cable for the Lighting Node Pro; it should be plugged into a motherboard USB header. The plug on the LNP will be a standard (albeit a touch dated) mini-USB port. You can use any mini-USB cable to connect it to a USB port, even one that's in the IO shield of your case.

That said, if it's still in firmware update mode, it may not show up. I don't know; I never did or needed to do that.

Also, can you confirm that the power connection is a direct SATA connection from the power supply and not via a molex-to-sata adapter?

Hi again,

It is a direct SATA connection. It still has not come good on its own, which i was hoping for, as thats what it did when i first got them. I have been scouring the depths of this forum and I just cant find anything related to this. Could it perhaps just be a software thing? I know that the LL120's are new, but the LNP has been out for a while and there a various updates for it. It should be stable enough to at least show up in devices.

Is there no way to install something via SIV64 or anything to check the software? for an update or something other than the firmware.

Hi all,

This is my first post here as I am new. I have just recently bought the 570x case and with it i bought the 3pack of the ll120's.

My problem is that the lighting node pro was working perfectly, now when i restarted my pc, LNP no longer shows in Corsair Link?

I have googled and came across the option of updating the firmware by using the button on the lighting node pro itself to open the CRP_DISABLED drive and replace that firmware file. Unfortunately it still does not show in Corsair Link.

I find it very odd that it just stopped working and cant find another example of this online.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, these fans look beautiful and I just want them to work again.

I have installed SIV64 but am not familiar with it. If there are any screenshots I need to attach, please let me know.

Regards

Goose

I think we have the exact same problem.

Can you try:

With Power supply unit in the on postion(don't turn it off).

Shut down your PC via Windows 10? Then un plug the USB 2.0 header coming from the LNP from your motherboard. Then plug it back in to the header and turn on your system.

Do your fans light up after doing this?

I'm starting to think this is bios related. If I do what I just asked you to do my fans RGB lights work and Corsair Links sees my LL fans. But as soon as I cut power to the power supply unit, from post my LL fans will not light up no matter what.

The only way I can get them to work again, is to do what I just asked you to do. I have 6 LL fans installed, and an extra 140mm 2 pack with extra LNP and CP. I bought an extra set up because I thought it must be a problem with the Corsair LNP and CP. I even got my motherboard replaced with the exact same Asus Rampage V Edition 10 board... and this problem is still here.

I also own the AER RGB fans from NZXT with Hue+ controller. I have tried this setup in the exact same 2.0 USB headers on my board, and they work fine with RGB. So there must be some type of conflict in my setup.

I am trying to get this figured out as soon as possible. I have already initiated a return of some of my Corsair stuff related to this problem. I really do like these fans but if I have to reseat the USB header coming from the LNP, every time I cut power to the PSU.... I'm just going to go with my NZXT AER RGB setup.

I don't think anyone would necessarily fault you. Can you update your profile on the forum with your PC system specs?

Also, have you updated your system to the most recent BIOS, used the most recent drivers/software for everything, yadda yadda yadda?

I have everything updated including bios.

Here is my setup.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/ML7WGX

• 2 months later...
I have everything updated including bios.

Here is my setup.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/ML7WGX

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue. Just curious, did you manage to get it sorted? Corsair support is asking me to RMA even though I have tried it with 2 of the LNP that came with my fans.

Till i completely power down the system (including switching off the power to PSU), i am ok. The moment i switch off the power to PSU, LNP is no longer detected and I have to reset in the following order

1. unplug all power to fan hub, lighting node pro and usb connection to LNP

2. Connect the hub

3. Connect usb to LNP at which point the system detects LNP

4. Connect the sata power to LNP

5. Link works flawlessly post this point and remembers all fan settings etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Hi there,

I am also facing the same issue. Just curious, did you manage to get it sorted? Corsair support is asking me to RMA even though I have tried it with 2 of the LNP that came with my fans.

Till i completely power down the system (including switching off the power to PSU), i am ok. The moment i switch off the power to PSU, LNP is no longer detected and I have to reset in the following order

1. unplug all power to fan hub, lighting node pro and usb connection to LNP

2. Connect the hub

3. Connect usb to LNP at which point the system detects LNP

4. Connect the sata power to LNP

5. Link works flawlessly post this point and remembers all fan settings etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Have you updated the firmware? Perhaps try a hard reset? (see [ame]

[/ame])

Thanks DevBiker,

Yes, I have tried that. I have tried the latest firmware and one previous to that using the method you referred.

Since I had two sets of LNP with me (I had bought two twin pack of the 140 mm LL fans), I have pretty much tried both sets and all permutations and combinations with the connectors only to end up with the same issue.

I have also connected both the LNP and the hub with separate SATA power just to check if there is anything wrong with the connection.

I already have a pretty beefy 1000 watt PSU but since I also have a lot of HDDs in my system, I have even tried unplugging a lot of them to make sure it is not a power issue.

One thing I have not mentioned is that I have a Kraken x62 AIO. Am not sure if that is interfering. Though I have tried disabling the CAM software. In fact, once it is working, I have no issue running Link and CAM side by side in Windows. It is just strange that the issue starts the moment the power is completely cut off which makes me wonder if it is a firmware issue or a motherboard incompatibility issue perhaps? :bigeyes:

I agree that it is odd. It doesn't smell (to me at least) like an issue with software incompatibility. The only other thing that I could suggest is that you check your motherboard USB drivers and make sure that they are updated.

If I understand you correctly, it only works when you boot the system and then connect the USB, right? Do you ... perhaps ... have QuickBoot enabled in your BIOS? What happens if you disable it?

And ... have you checked device manager after booting (when it's not working) to see if there are any disabled devices showing in there?

I had tried disabling fast boot in the past but just now tried it again and nothing changed. And, no the nothing comes up as disabled either.

Funnily enough, I just did something for the heck of it. I disconnected everything that was connected via USB (externally at least) and tried again and strangely enough, it worked. The fans came up and even the profile worked correctly. Well, it worked for at least a couple of times and just when I thought I had it solved, at least as a workaround to opening up the case, it stopped working.

Not sure what triggered it to work. I do remember that I had used USBDview to try and enable the LNP. USBDview does not show it as connected till I reconnect it.

There is some conflict on USB and I can't put my finger on it. The only other things connected via USB are the Kraken x62 and my case connectors for the front USB ports.

I think the fans themselves are ok I feel. Ah well...:[pouts:

OK ... that motherboard has 2 internal USB headers any by my count of what you have connected, you need 3 for everything. (1 for the Kraken, 1 for the NoPro and 1 for the Front Panel). So how do you have these connected to the 2 headers?

Another alternative is to get a mini USB to USB-A cable (any should do) and use that to connect to one of the ports externally. Yes, that will work.

The two USB 2.0 headers on the board are connected to the Kraken and Lighting Node Pro respectively.

I have connected the front panel using a USB 3.0 to a 9 pin USB 2.0 converter to one of the free USB 3.0 headers on the board.

I had tried the USB A to mini USB cable and tried connecting to one of the ports in the back earlier but then at that time, I had things connected externally as well (like my USB dongle for the wireless keyboards etc.). I will try again without anything else connected and see if that works.

The two USB 2.0 headers on the board are connected to the Kraken and Lighting Node Pro respectively.

I have connected the front panel using a USB 3.0 to a 9 pin USB 2.0 converter to one of the free USB 3.0 headers on the board.

OK. Had to ask, of course.

I had tried the USB A to mini USB cable and tried connecting to one of the ports in the back earlier but then at that time, I had things connected externally as well (like my USB dongle for the wireless keyboards etc.). I will try again without anything else connected and see if that works.

Did this exhibit the same behavior?

Also, make sure that you use a full USB data cable. Some only connect the power; be careful of that. (Spoken from experience, in case you were wondering).

I'm beginning to wonder if it might be worth an RMA at this point. This certainly isn't proper behavior; it's like the MCU isn't initializing properly.

Ok, here's the update...

The mini USB cable worked. I had tried one in the past which did not work and this time I tried another one. Thanks for the tip to make sure the mini USB cable is a full data cable.

Now, I will keep it running to see if it is stable. At least I can be sure that the fans and the LNP are ok. I unfortunately have hit a roadblock with RMA since I had bought these fans from Newegg and these are not officially available in my country as of now. The RMA with Corsair US will be a long drawn and expensive process. No point going through it if the fans are not causing the problem.

I'd hate to run a cable to outside and to the rear of the case but that will be my last resort. I do have a NZXT internal USB hub which is also powered. Maybe I can try using that. I did not want to jam this hub in if it was not really required. Shall keep you posted, my friend.... :biggrin:

Ok, here's the update...

The mini USB cable worked. I had tried one in the past which did not work and this time I tried another one. Thanks for the tip to make sure the mini USB cable is a full data cable.

Now, I will keep it running to see if it is stable. At least I can be sure that the fans and the LNP are ok. I unfortunately have hit a roadblock with RMA since I had bought these fans from Newegg and these are not officially available in my country as of now. The RMA with Corsair US will be a long drawn and expensive process. No point going through it if the fans are not causing the problem.

I'd hate to run a cable to outside and to the rear of the case but that will be my last resort. I do have a NZXT internal USB hub which is also powered. Maybe I can try using that. I did not want to jam this hub in if it was not really required. Shall keep you posted, my friend.... :biggrin:

Excellent! Let's see how it goes. I do use the NZXT internal hub ... motherboards have been skimping on the internal USB headers lately ... and it does work pretty well. It also has USB-A connectors so you can connect that external cable directly to it! It may also be possible to just get a replacement cable ... not sure; haven't looked for one myself.

Alright, done for now. This really has been a strange experience :bigeyes:

NZXT did not work and when i checked, most of the USB ports in the back or elsewhere did not work either. There is only one port that actually works even if I power the system down; and that's the USB 2.0 port which supports Asus USB Bios flashback.

Coincidentally, the first time I chose this particular port by chance. Anyway, I have managed to run the cable out to the port without too much of a hassle (had to work my way through one of the expansion slot back plate. Looks neat enough and at least I don't have to keep opening my system to get the fans working and I can finally power it down when not in use.

I still feel there could be a bios setting or something that should allow the fans to connect and work the way they are supposed to. Will keep checking..but for now, am closing it up. Hope this helps people with Asus boards and facing this problem. :laughing:

Alright, done for now. This really has been a strange experience :bigeyes:

NZXT did not work and when i checked, most of the USB ports in the back or elsewhere did not work either. There is only one port that actually works even if I power the system down; and that's the USB 2.0 port which supports Asus USB Bios flashback.

Coincidentally, the first time I chose this particular port by chance. Anyway, I have managed to run the cable out to the port without too much of a hassle (had to work my way through one of the expansion slot back plate. Looks neat enough and at least I don't have to keep opening my system to get the fans working and I can finally power it down when not in use.

I still feel there could be a bios setting or something that should allow the fans to connect and work the way they are supposed to. Will keep checking..but for now, am closing it up. Hope this helps people with Asus boards and facing this problem. :laughing:

Yeah ... I'm thinking that there has to be something in the BIOS to do with the USB initialization as well. That's just weird. And you disable fast boot, right? That should initialize everything.

I also have an Asus board. No problems ... with 2 NoPros, a CoPro, an H115i Pro and an HX1200i all running just fine.

Archived