Corsair Community

Corsair AX760 - Problems or not?

maxvons

Hi, I need a new PSU because my HX850W is whining like crazy in games and GPU stresstests and I managed to break one of the cables, so I can't RMA it to where I bought it from, and I won't send it to the US etc. to get a new one.

I've heard the Corsair AX760 is supposed to be good, but also that it can be bad. So, be honest, is it good, does it have problems? Do any of you who own it, use it with a GTX 780? If so, does it work flawlessly? No sounds etc.

One thing I want to say, is that I'm VERY tired of problems with my computer. Audible through all the other fans coil whine when playing a game with V-sync enabled, is just something that makes me go crazy. :brick:

The sound I was experiencing with my HX850W is just like this:

Hi, I need a new PSU because my HX850W is whining like crazy in games and GPU stresstests and I managed to break one of the cables, so I can't RMA it to where I bought it from, and I won't send it to the US etc. to get a new one.

Depending on where you live you would be instructed to send it to one of the three RMA hubs around the world. You wouldn't necessarily have to send it to the US.

I've heard the Corsair AX760 is supposed to be good, but also that it can be bad. So, be honest, is it good, does it have problems? Do any of you who own it, use it with a GTX 780? If so, does it work flawlessly? No sounds etc.

All you can do is try it. Since there are many versions of that same card there is no way to tell if hardware is going to clash or not.

But in all rreality you shouldn't have any issues.

Depending on where you live you would be instructed to send it to one of the three RMA hubs around the world. You wouldn't necessarily have to send it to the US.

All you can do is try it. Since there are many versions of that same card there is no way to tell if hardware is going to clash or not.

But in all rreality you shouldn't have any issues.

Thanks for replying!

I have had several issues with my PSU now, and I'm getting very tired of it. I want to play and look at PC gaming as a lay-back hobby, not having to RMA my components every month because of stupid issues. I bought my PC for games, not coil whine and headache.

I might just sell my PC if it won't work flawlessly after changing my PSU for the second time, and changing my Zotac 780 to a Gainward 780. I might change my motherboard too as a last solution. But if it won't work then, I'm fed up and so tired of it that I'll just sell it.

Archived