Corsair Community

Corsair H100i will not fit my build

jakobdo

Hello,

i have the build in my specs, but i cant fit the fans to the radiator.

I have installed the H100i on top, but the one of the fans will hit the installed memory.

Can i solve this with another case for my build?

Help really needed.

Thanks in advance.

This is a common issue as the "shallow top" mid tower case has become a popular design across the industry. There are a lot of cases that really only have the 25mm for a single set of fans above the VRM/RAM area.

Obviously the immediate solution is moving the 240mm radiator to the front intake. This likely gives you slightly better coolant temps (2C) by position and intake air temp. The front of the case is usually about 2-3C cooler than the area above the RAM, VRM, capacitors that give off a decent amount of heat. It appears you have a hybrid GPU, so you don't really need to worry about blasting the front intake fans. The Hybrid shell surface temps are going to range between 40-55C in places and that is substantially warmer than any air coming off the radiator. The front air will still cool the GPU surface panels while the bulk of the heat is transported to the rear 120mm radiator as exhaust.

The other option is to find a tower with a taller top. The 570X should work. Something like the 465X puts you in the same position as now. Watch out for those where there is only about 1 inch above the MB to the top. Since the rear 120mm radiator and fan mount take up some space as well, you do want a larger top to accommodate both radiators as exhaust.

Thanks c-attack. After I made this post yesterday, I actually tried to front mount the radiator, and it worked. Today I will install the GPU and hopefully my new build will boot and work.

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully I can manage to get current build to work, so I don't need to buy more stuff. :)