Corsair Community

ICUE Light Settings

Phaeron

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had issues where certain RGB color settings cause CPU usage to go up and the fans to run high. Currently, whenever I set my RGB fans to the color red, the fans go to full blast because the processor starts getting hot.

This doesn't happen in any other color profile. I can take an RGB profile that is blue and set the color to red and my CPU temps go up and the fans begin working hard.

My CPU is a Ryzen 5 3600x with an H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO.

Your CPU temp isn't going up. The cooler is reading a false coolant temperature rise because of heat from the RGB controller embedded in there. You can confirm by setting the LED to black 0,0,0 and if the H100i Temp drops 10C in 5 seconds, you know something fishy is going on. Coolant can't change temperature that fast up or down. Some people are hardly affected. Others see it spike +15C on white. I am surprised red causes such a fuss since it's only 1 of the 3 LEDs active, but proximity to the sensor is probably the overriding element.

Contact Corsair Support through the ticket system link above. There maybe a firmware fix or if the disparity is too large to make the cooler usable and intended, they may have to replace it.

Hi there,

I purchased the Hydro 100i RGB Platinum SE(white) at the beginning of the year,the unit is running great(as all things Corsair do).

I do have a query regarding the lighting setup however,I currently have the unit running in a cool mint blueish colour.Is it possible to have the CPU Cooler/Cover show a different colour than the Radiator fans colour?

I want to have CPU colour to yellow but keep the fans colour as is .

Thanks.

Edited by UKpitbull

Is it possible to have the CPU Cooler/Cover show a different colour than the Radiator fans colour?

It should be. When you select a new effect, the program automatically applies it to all LEDs on that device or group. However, you do have selective control. You can add or remove LEDs from that group by holding down CTRL + Left click drag across them or one at a time with CTRL + Left Click. If you only left click anywhere within the boundaries, it will remove all LEDs from that effect's group.

In this instance, add another Static effect from Lighting Effects tab. Change it to the shade of yellow you want. Then CTRL + Left Click drag a box around the fan LEDs. They will drop out of the group and the underlying blue layer will be revealed.

All lighting effect layers stack in CUE with the higher listed effect being dominant over the lower ones.

• 2 months later...
It should be. When you select a new effect, the program automatically applies it to all LEDs on that device or group. However, you do have selective control. You can add or remove LEDs from that group by holding down CTRL + Left click drag across them or one at a time with CTRL + Left Click. If you only left click anywhere within the boundaries, it will remove all LEDs from that effect's group.

In this instance, add another Static effect from Lighting Effects tab. Change it to the shade of yellow you want. Then CTRL + Left Click drag a box around the fan LEDs. They will drop out of the group and the underlying blue layer will be revealed.

All lighting effect layers stack in CUE with the higher listed effect being dominant over the lower ones.

Ive got round to testing this method,and would just like to thank you for the info.It works great.

Cheers.