The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Stevecorrado88's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942947
Stevecorrado88 Reputation: 10
Default Device manager does not see my h100i

Just recently upgraded mobo, cpu and ram. Hooked up the h100i v2, my mobo is a Asus z370e and my computer isn’t recognizing the cooler. Fans are plugged into cpu fan, pump is now plugged in usb 2.0 on the mobo. Everything seems to be working but I have no control over it. If I plug the pump into aio pump the light on the pump turns on and off and I hear a click within the pump. I didn’t like that so I used the usb2 on the bottom of the mobo which turns the pump on but the light isn’t bright at all.

Downloaded Corsair link and I have no controls, it doesn’t even show the pump or fan. I went to device manager and it doesn’t even see the cooler in any slot I use.

In bios it says I have no fan speed N/a * and when I had aio pump plugged in it says N/a. I have no luck with anything I read. Also nervous about deleting the anti virus. I’m not really sure how to delete it anyways when I go to add and remove it won’t let me.

Last edited by Stevecorrado88; 03-02-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:51 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942949
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Is this the H100i v2 or the H100i? Is it SATA powered or powered from the fan header?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-02-2018, 12:54 PM

POST ID # = 942950

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Is this the H100i v2 or the H100i? Is it SATA powered or powered from the fan header?
V2 with the mini usb dongle

Old 03-02-2018, 12:59 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942951

OK. So no SATA power.

First thing (and I think I mentioned this previously), you need to make sure that the fan header that the pump is connected to is set to full power. You'll need to do that in the BIOS.

If you don't do that, the pump, which gets all of its power via the fan header, won't get the full 12V that it needs to operate properly.

Why do you have the fans connected to the CPU_FAN header?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:20 PM

POST ID # = 942956

Quote:
OK. So no SATA power.

First thing (and I think I mentioned this previously), you need to make sure that the fan header that the pump is connected to is set to full power. You'll need to do that in the BIOS.

If you don't do that, the pump, which gets all of its power via the fan header, won't get the full 12V that it needs to operate properly.

Why do you have the fans connected to the CPU_FAN header?
I’m a novice when it comes to this stuff. I watched videos and that was what everyone was saying to put the fans. Explain please what you mean by fan header for the pump? So I should plug the pump into a fan slot ? The pump now is plugged into a USB port so wouldn’t that be full power ?

Old 03-02-2018, 02:10 PM

POST ID # = 942961

To clear things up, I just read the facts posted in this forum about where to plug the pump in. Tonight I will put th pump in cpu fan and out the fans on cpu fan opt.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:04 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942967

There is a fan connector for that pump. What is it plugged in to right now?

And no, the USB connection doesn't provide enough power nor at the correct voltage. USB is 5V, up to 500mA. The Fan Header is 12V, up to 1A. That's a significant difference in available wattage.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:12 PM

POST ID # = 942972

Quote:
There is a fan connector for that pump. What is it plugged in to right now?

And no, the USB connection doesn't provide enough power nor at the correct voltage. USB is 5V, up to 500mA. The Fan Header is 12V, up to 1A. That's a significant difference in available wattage.
I understand now makes sense, yes it is plugged into usb header. Which I will change and put it into cpu fan and set that to max. Question tho how come I don’t see any cpu fan rpm with my fans plugged into cpu fan header ? I’m using the splitter so it’s 2 fans in 1. If I split them up and plug them in separate I see rpm.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942974

You will have a connection for USB as well as the Fan header. The USB cable is for Link to control the pump, the fan header connection is for power. It's not either-or but both.

If the fans are plugged in to the splitter that comes from the pump, IF you have things configured correctly, their RPM will show in Link. Not as your CPU Fan speed. The CPU Fan Speed from your motherboard will (again, if everything is configured according to the instructions and the fan header is configured correctly) be about 1/2 of the pump's RPM.

Right now, I'm not sure what's going on or how you have things hooked up. When you get home, some pictures would be good so that we can make sure that everything is on the same page.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:41 PM

POST ID # = 942976

I’m sorry this is where the confusion is. The link cable I thought was pump power and the pump cable I thought was fan power. My fault for lack of knowledge and not rushing. With that being said I understand now. So should I run the pump power cable to aio pump? Lol now I feel like we are on the same page I hope.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:47 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecorrado88 View Post
I’m sorry this is where the confusion is. The link cable I thought was pump power and the pump cable I thought was fan power. My fault for lack of knowledge and not rushing. With that being said I understand now. So should I run the pump power cable to aio pump? Lol now I feel like we are on the same page I hope.
You can run this to AIO Pump. TBH, that's just a standard fan header that is set to 100% by default. The problem with that is that you'll get a CPU Fan warning when booting if the radiator fans are connected to the pump (as they should be). So it's typically recommended to plug this into the CPU fan header and set it to 100%, which will give you a CPU Fan warning in the event of a complete pump failure.

That AIO_PUMP header works well for AIOs that have a separate connection for the pumps and the fans and the fans are controlled by the motherboard. The Corsair H100i v2 controls the fans itself based on the liquid coolant temperature, which is a better control point than the CPU temperature.

This is actually covered in the Hydro Series Cooler FAQ (linked in my signature) ... have a read ...

Old 03-02-2018, 03:58 PM

POST ID # = 942980

Thank you, will this now give me controls in Corsair link if I hook up it right ? I appciate your help.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:17 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942983

It should. If not, then we need to look at a potential RMA.

Old 03-02-2018, 04:18 PM

POST ID # = 942984

Quote:
It should. If not, then we need to look at a potential RMA.
Ok I will get back to you if things don’t work out.

Old 03-02-2018, 07:24 PM

POST ID # = 943003

Ok so I have the pump plugged into cpu fan, the 9 pin usb plugged into usb910. Cpu q fan control set to dc mode, low limit ignore, fan profile max middle and min set to 100%. Fans are on full blast and Corsair light is faintly lit up. Bios fan profile says cpu fan n/a, chassis fans all working. Still no controls in Corsair link and Universal Serial Bus doesn’t detect it. I have 2 asmedia usb 3.1, 1 Intelr usb 3.0, 3 usb composit drives and usb root hubs 3.0. I don’t know which one it will come up in but I disabled and enabled everyone I can.