The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 12:27 PM
malibujoey's PC Specs

POST ID # = 919056
malibujoey Reputation: 10

Issue has nothing to do with Win10. Mine was Win7. Their boards have a QC problem. Been 1000 hours on the replacement. Zero problem.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:32 PM

POST ID # = 919199
fjc Reputation: 10

And now I have this exact problem with a K70 LUX RGB. Support ticket created. I had tried it on different computers to no avail - any press of the 't' key gives me a string of garbage. Hopefully they'll replace it quickly.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:32 PM

POST ID # = 945497
BoochTheGooch Reputation: 10
Default Possible fix (worked for me, might for you)

Hi all, I have the Corsair k70 LUX which was sent into corsair for RMA and when the new keyboard arrived it had the same spamming issue. My friend ended up getting a new keyboard so he gave the k70 to me and I proceeded to tear it down to look for issues that may be causing the spamming. I took the keyboard apart entirely and after seeing no major flaws slowly put it back together. When I got to the screws I plugged the keyboard in and put each screw in (making sure not to torque it down to hard) one by one while testing the keys causing the spamming. So far it has been a little over a month and I have had no repeat of the issue. So long story short, the case screws may be torqued down to much and the added pressure of hitting the button may be causing the rest of the keys to short out. It has worked for me and it may work for you, however this will most likely void your warranty so use this process if you don't care about that.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:23 AM

POST ID # = 945665
forumMember Reputation: 10

The solution that I got from support said to unplug the keyboard, hold the ESC key down while plugging in the keyboard & hold for 10 seconds, then release. That should fix the issue.

I came here to actually post that my K70 Rapid fire is having this issue every other day, literally. It's so ****ing annoying that I'm about done putting up with it.

Last edited by forumMember; 03-20-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:36 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 945683
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

@forumMember - Try reaching out to Technical Support and request a hard firmware reset. They will be able to provide the files and steps needed to perform this.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:04 PM

POST ID # = 945698
forumMember Reputation: 10

I think I tried what you recommended. I re-opened the same ticket that I did before over this issue and told them what you said. I hope some other solution will fix it.

Old 10-14-2018, 06:36 AM

POST ID # = 976384
p.0 Reputation: 10

Hi. I have seen that happen a bit just when I got the keyboard years ago, but it magically went away. Today the problem came back with extra force. I cleaned my keyboard today, so there is something to think about. BUT! I have noticed that when I switch the back-light completely off there is no problem. Switch it on - it starts. I deem a short of some sort but don't take my word for it.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:27 AM

POST ID # = 976391
Foxford Reputation: 10

I have the same issue which just sprung up yesterday. I thought it was an ingame bug as after restarting it went away. But now it seems its a hardware issue. tried it on two machines, did the reset, and cleaned my pc and its still on. I reallly would prefer not to part with my keyboard as i love the guy, but in worst case scenario ill contact corsair. Im a little worried though as i cant find a receipt, would they be willing to fix it even without it?

Last edited by Foxford; 10-14-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Old 03-30-2019, 03:14 AM

POST ID # = 999527
thehez Reputation: 10
Default Solution

I had this problem where the keyboard started typing seemingly random characters. What I found was that in the keyboard settings of my Macbook it was identifying the keyboard as "Razor Deathadder Elite" which is a mouse. As soon as I switched it back to Corsair K70 everything was back to normal again. Might be worth checking in your controls what the operating system is identifying your keyboard as.

I use a switcher to switch my mouse and keyboard between my PC and my Macbook and I guess it just got confused somewhere.

Tags
gaming, keyboard error