Corsair Community

High pitched noise

Travvy87

Hello

I purchased a K70 RGB LUX and received it yesterday, this was a replacement for an original K70 RGB where some LED's had stopped functioning.

With this new keyboard it has a high pitched noise when the LED's are turned on, and depending on the colour it can be worse.

I was reading the forum's and I saw that the RF models had a similar issue which has since been fixed, has this been fixed for the LUX models?

As i'm in Australia, can I do an RMA with Corsair directly to ensure I get a fixed keyboard or do I need to go to my retailer? As with the retailer, I'm worried they'll just send me another one of the shelf which will most likely have the same issue. + The retailer is online, so I would need to pay shipping to get it down to them which I think is terrible for a 2 day old keyboard.

It seems that a small batch of keyboards had this issue, there are no public details on how many and which models are affected thought. If you submit a ticket to Corsair they will send you a replacement, I would avoid going with the retailed personally. If they received a batch of keyboards it is likely that they all have the same noise issue, Corsair instead will probably send you a tested one with no noise.

It seems that a small batch of keyboards had this issue, there are no public details on how many and which models are affected thought. If you submit a ticket to Corsair they will send you a replacement, I would avoid going with the retailed personally. If they received a batch of keyboards it is likely that they all have the same noise issue, Corsair instead will probably send you a tested one with no noise.

I'm hoping I'll be able to do that, but I'm just unsure if they will RMA to Australia, a lot of other companies make you deal with the local retailer, also hoping Corsair will cover shipping as well seeing as the keyboard is only 2 days old.

Is there a FAQ or something which states Corsair do RMA to Australia? I tried looking but was unable to see.

EDIT: I'll give it a crack and process an RMA and see what happens.

I really recommend contacting Corsair support instead. These guys are awesome and they'll do their best to get it sorted it out for ya. I know from an awesome experience I had with them before and I'll never hesitate to contact them again, should I get any issue in the future. And that's coming from someone who doesn't live in the US.

I'm hoping I'll be able to do that, but I'm just unsure if they will RMA to Australia, a lot of other companies make you deal with the local retailer, also hoping Corsair will cover shipping as well seeing as the keyboard is only 2 days old.

Is there a FAQ or something which states Corsair do RMA to Australia? I tried looking but was unable to see.

EDIT: I'll give it a crack and process an RMA and see what happens.

If your keyboard was part of the bad batch they will pay for shipping to and back. Usually you have to pay to Corsair.

• Corsair Employee
I really recommend contacting Corsair support instead. These guys are awesome and they'll do their best to get it sorted it out for ya. I know from an awesome experience I had with them before and I'll never hesitate to contact them again, should I get any issue in the future. And that's coming from someone who doesn't live in the US.

Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully your message will encourage people to contact our support in the future if they have any issues.

• 2 weeks later...
An update on this, I contacted corsair, but they told me to go through the reseller :( and now the reseller doesn't have any in stock, with no ETA on a new one. so looks like being outside the US doesn't work as good, or because the unit was within 30 days, so yeah, corsair sadly didn't help like I was expecting.

An update on this, I contacted corsair, but they told me to go through the reseller :( and now the reseller doesn't have any in stock, with no ETA on a new one. so looks like being outside the US doesn't work as good, or because the unit was within 30 days, so yeah, corsair sadly didn't help like I was expecting.

They most likely told you that because its faster for oyu to go to the store then for them to ship one to you. Tell them that its not in stock on your ticket. They should allow you to RMA it.

They most likely told you that because its faster for oyu to go to the store then for them to ship one to you. Tell them that its not in stock on your ticket. They should allow you to RMA it.

I wish I could, the problem is I've already sent the keyboard back, as when I sent it back there site was showing as having them in stock, but by the time they processed and approved the RMA, they had removed it from sale and after contacting them via email they said they don't have an ETA on when they will get them back.

If only you still had the keyboard, I would be able to do something on our end to take care of this for you...

I wish I had it as well, however all I did was follow your RMA ticket instructions and go through the reseller, even though I mentioned i would prefer corsair RMA cause then i'd be guaranteed a working one, I wouldn't have been concerned if it was going to take longer.

Might be worth mentioning to whoever looks after the tickets, to try and process it etc rather than say to go back to the reseller. nothing can be done now, but it has left a sour taste in my mouth after hearing good things.

Archived