The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Enthusiasts Section > System Builds, Modding, Custom Components, and Picture Gallery

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-12-2015, 03:39 AM
alekasas alekasas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 795409
alekasas Reputation: 10
Default

Hi mate! I just saw this mod and got so hype! I have a question tho and i hope you can help me. I found a plastic material with 0.6mm thickness. I am going to print the templates and cut it on the plastic. The problem is that the material is not white but its transparent. So i am gonna cut it and i am gonna paint it with white gloss spray.

And my question is: With white gloss spray, will the light be reflected?

Thanks in advantage.

( I am from Greece! Sorry for my terrible English)
Reply With Quote


  #62  
Old 08-12-2015, 07:02 AM
Random User Random User is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
POST ID # = 795425
Random User Reputation: 10
Default

Tried the A4 paper ones keep tearing them and they don't fit, anyone know where I can get these laser cut?
Reply With Quote


  #63  
Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 AM
xiaoheng xiaoheng is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 795475
xiaoheng Reputation: 10
Default

hi first of all i would like to thanks the person who spent time to made this... recently i jus bought a k70 rgb and wanted to let the led shine better so i found this thread and download the pdf A4 size format and print it out and trimmed it but found out that the size won't fit the keyboard itself its too small... any kind bros can assist me wat i shld do? thanks in adv



Reply With Quote


  #64  
Old 08-12-2015, 01:46 PM
IcyPwnage's Avatar
IcyPwnage IcyPwnage is offline
Registered User
IcyPwnage's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 795529
IcyPwnage Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekasas View Post
Hi mate! I just saw this mod and got so hype! I have a question tho and i hope you can help me. I found a plastic material with 0.6mm thickness. I am going to print the templates and cut it on the plastic. The problem is that the material is not white but its transparent. So i am gonna cut it and i am gonna paint it with white gloss spray.

And my question is: With white gloss spray, will the light be reflected?

Thanks in advantage.

( I am from Greece! Sorry for my terrible English)
I am interested in what that would look like :)

As long as the white paint is not too thick, I'd imagine that the effect would be pretty cool :)
Reply With Quote


  #65  
Old 08-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Jkraghify's Avatar
Jkraghify Jkraghify is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Salinas CA
Posts: 923
POST ID # = 795570
Jkraghify Reputation: 10
Default

Hey everyone! Just wanted to say I see the problem with the A4 file. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll look into a solution when I get home later today. In the meantime, I would suggest printing the 8.5 by 11 and altering your print settings to accommodate your paper size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekasas View Post
Hi mate! I just saw this mod and got so hype! I have a question tho and i hope you can help me. I found a plastic material with 0.6mm thickness. I am going to print the templates and cut it on the plastic. The problem is that the material is not white but its transparent. So i am gonna cut it and i am gonna paint it with white gloss spray.

And my question is: With white gloss spray, will the light be reflected?

Thanks in advantage.

( I am from Greece! Sorry for my terrible English)
When I used plastic, I found matte white to give the better effect.
Wait on printing out the templates if you are using A4. As others have pointed out, there are a few problems with it.
If you have gloss paint and want to experiment with it, go for it! The difference I found was not significant - the matte white just looks softer.
__________________
K95 and K70 RGB keyboard cover mod! Make your own :D
Glorious Build Log - Atom14
K95 RGB [SDK Project] Binary Clock
Reply With Quote


  #66  
Old 08-13-2015, 02:31 AM
alekasas alekasas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 795628
alekasas Reputation: 10
Default

Thanks for replie. Unforutnally my project faild. I didnt cut the plastic material good enought and it didnt fit in switches well. Also when i paint it, the paint could remove easily by hand.

Now my new idea is to cover all switches with paper tape and paint the base to white. I have seconds thoughs cause doing that i guess i loose warranty. I will inform you further.
Reply With Quote


  #67  
Old 08-13-2015, 06:10 AM
xiaoheng xiaoheng is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
POST ID # = 795650
xiaoheng Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoheng View Post
hi first of all i would like to thanks the person who spent time to made this... recently i jus bought a k70 rgb and wanted to let the led shine better so i found this thread and download the pdf A4 size format and print it out and trimmed it but found out that the size won't fit the keyboard itself its too small... any kind bros can assist me wat i shld do? thanks in adv



anyone can help? thanks
Reply With Quote


  #68  
Old 08-13-2015, 07:39 AM
alekasas alekasas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 795658
alekasas Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoheng View Post
anyone can help? thanks
When you print, choose actuall size.
Reply With Quote


  #69  
Old 08-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Jkraghify's Avatar
Jkraghify Jkraghify is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Salinas CA
Posts: 923
POST ID # = 795678
Jkraghify Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekasas View Post
Thanks for replie. Unforutnally my project faild. I didnt cut the plastic material good enought and it didnt fit in switches well. Also when i paint it, the paint could remove easily by hand.

Now my new idea is to cover all switches with paper tape and paint the base to white. I have seconds thoughs cause doing that i guess i loose warranty. I will inform you further.
You sure you want to paint the board? The paper mod looks really good. I suggest you try that out first since its 100% reversible and does not mess with the warantee.
__________________
K95 and K70 RGB keyboard cover mod! Make your own :D
Glorious Build Log - Atom14
K95 RGB [SDK Project] Binary Clock
Reply With Quote


  #70  
Old 08-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Jkraghify's Avatar
Jkraghify Jkraghify is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Salinas CA
Posts: 923
POST ID # = 795680
Jkraghify Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekasas View Post
When you print, choose actuall size.
Is this the problem? Since these are measured precisely, you need to make sure you print without any scaling.

Please remember to use the appropriate paper size for the PDF. If you are using 8.5 by 11, the A4 layout will not work.

If this is the problem please let me know so I can clarify this in the original posts.
__________________
K95 and K70 RGB keyboard cover mod! Make your own :D
Glorious Build Log - Atom14
K95 RGB [SDK Project] Binary Clock
Reply With Quote


  #71  
Old 08-13-2015, 07:03 PM
alekasas alekasas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 795794
alekasas Reputation: 10
Default

Done! Finaly i did it! I paint the base with white glossy color. I dit it with brush for artist painting. It took me about 12 hours of job. I paint it 3 times so the wihite became perfectly white. Thats the results.

Before



After








Attached Images
File Type: jpg rps20150814_015718.jpg (198.9 KB, 1606 views)
File Type: jpg rps20150814_015638.jpg (195.2 KB, 1518 views)
File Type: jpg rps20150814_015551.jpg (284.0 KB, 2902 views)
File Type: jpg rps20150814_015427.jpg (85.4 KB, 1997 views)
File Type: jpg rps20150814_020139.jpg (375.3 KB, 1559 views)

Last edited by alekasas; 08-14-2015 at 04:33 AM.
Reply With Quote


  #72  
Old 08-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Jkraghify's Avatar
Jkraghify Jkraghify is offline
CORSAIR Beta Team
Jkraghify's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Salinas CA
Posts: 923
POST ID # = 795802
Jkraghify Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekasas View Post
Done! Finaly i did it! I paint the base with white glossy color. I dit it with brush for artist painting. It took me about 12 hours of job. I paint it 3 times so the wihite became perfectly white. Thats the results.
Wow, that looks really good! I really like the picture with the red in it. Enjoy the board man!
__________________
K95 and K70 RGB keyboard cover mod! Make your own :D
Glorious Build Log - Atom14
K95 RGB [SDK Project] Binary Clock
Reply With Quote


  #73  
Old 08-14-2015, 11:13 AM
alekasas alekasas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
POST ID # = 795969
alekasas Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkraghify View Post
Wow, that looks really good! I really like the picture with the red in it. Enjoy the board man!
Thanks! Actually i was thinking for this when i 1rst got this keyboard. Then i saw your threat and i decided that is really worth it. I just hopping this paint holds for ever :). Thanks for inspired me!
Reply With Quote


  #74  
Old 08-18-2015, 04:49 AM
Random User Random User is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
POST ID # = 796587
Random User Reputation: 10
Default

If you having issues with the a4 sheets fitting then check your settings I was using microsoft word 2013 and the a4 dimensions are slightly off for me. My fix is I changed the size of the paper to custom and put in these settings 210 × 297 millimeters. Found this out while print a history assessment once I did that my cover page printed perfectly
Reply With Quote


  #75  
Old 08-19-2015, 01:55 PM
bwoodruff bwoodruff is offline
Registered User
bwoodruff's PC Specs
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 39
POST ID # = 796847
bwoodruff Reputation: 10
Default

I would love to get one of these professionally cut from plastic. I wonder if a shop like this would take on the job?

http://smidgensinc.com/
Reply With Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.