Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2019, 10:12 AM
Hilding76
Hilding76's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992304
Hilding76 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingderpp View Post
Ladies and gents, after a lot of toying with it I figured it out. Go into the Corsair ICUE, click your device (HS70), go to settings, and where it says Firmware click update. It told me mine was up to date and then it gave me the option to "force update". Click that, plug your headset into your pc using the charger/usb cable, wait for it to update and WALA! It worked for me at least.
Did that for a while then it stopped working, exited cue then it started working again.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:20 PM
GoldenGeekBE's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1001586
GoldenGeekBE Reputation: 10
Default Solution

If you have that problem, just redo the update and force it, it worked for me!

Old 07-06-2019, 09:04 AM

POST ID # = 1010452
Gotxi Reputation: 10

So i tried everything you said and it did not work.
What it worked for me was to plug it on another USB port (3.0 instead of 2.0 so different chipset) and it worked like a charm.

If i plug it back again in the usb 2.0 ports it does not sound anymore, so now i have an usb 3.0 port busy only with the receiver :(

Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 PM
BetaTesta
Hank555's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011019
Hank555 Reputation: 10

Click on the Search bar in windows 10 and type troubleshoot Audio . There should come up Find and Fix Problems with playing sound and click that link which opens a window and click on Next and on next page click on your Corsair headset in the list and go to next and let it find and fix the problem. Follow the steps and Windows 10 will fix it for you. Mine had 2 settings in audio that it reset and now working correctly .

Old 07-17-2019, 03:02 AM

POST ID # = 1011557
panderp Reputation: 10
Default If that doesn't work

Hit the window button (or start) and select settings. Now click devices and find your headset and click on it. Click remove device. After you remove it, unplug headset then plug it back in (if it's USB).

Old 08-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Church002's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014114
Church002 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by panderp View Post
Hit the window button (or start) and select settings. Now click devices and find your headset and click on it. Click remove device. After you remove it, unplug headset then plug it back in (if it's USB).
I updated iCUE to 3.18.77 a few days ago and that's when I began having problems with my Void RGB Wired Headset. When I boot up my PC I get no sound, and my audio player refuses to play any audio file.

Following the above instructions does return the headset to normal functionality but now I have to do this every single time I turn on my PC. I also just ran my win10 updates so everything is fine. Not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: Just to update. I removed the headset from the USB port it was plugged in to (I used a USB 2.0 port that's in my PC case for 2 years and I had no trouble with the headset) and I plugged it into a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard. I exited iCUE and restarted the software. No change. I can hear the three beeps in the headset but I don't hear the voice saying "Mic on". And as usual I get no audio from anything. I restarted my PC and I got the same result. Seems like I'll have to remove the device via the settings every time I start my PC now, and reconnect the headset since that's the only thing that makes the headset work.

Last edited by Church002; 08-08-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:17 PM
Olivaman30's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015515
Olivaman30 Reputation: 10

I was having problems as well. I first connected the headset without software and heard audio just fine. I installed cue and rebooted and no joy. I attempted many things and finally did something simple. I right clicked on the little speaker in the lower right corner and clicked on sounds settings. I chose void headset for both output and input. Of course it didn't work so I clicked in troubleshoot in the output section, I allowed it to make changes and boom, I have sound.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:58 PM
Church002's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016402

Well alot of time has passed. I believe windows updated in that time, and my nvidia drivers updated as well. But I cannot pinpoint which updated did what because even after those updates I was experiencing the same issue. Then finally one day, the headset started working as normal as soon as I booted up the PC and no additional steps were required.

I'm saying that now because I see iCUE wants to update again. So if I update it now and anything breaks, I'll be back.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:31 PM
Church002's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016407

I'm back. Which means that the latest iCUE update has broken the void headset again. Now I'm back to removing the device every time I boot up my PC, unplugging and plugging in the headset, just to get it to work.

I'll monitor it and see if it "fixes itself" like how it did in the last few days, prior to this iCUE update though I have to say, I'm getting tired of this. Reason I went with Corsair peripherals was so that I wouldn't have problems like this in the first place....

Old 09-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Zeliroth's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016533
Zeliroth Reputation: 10
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeliroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingderpp View Post
Ladies and gents, after a lot of toying with it I figured it out. Go into the Corsair ICUE, click your device (HS70), go to settings, and where it says Firmware click update. It told me mine was up to date and then it gave me the option to "force update". Click that, plug your headset into your pc using the charger/usb cable, wait for it to update and WALA! It worked for me at least.
Thank You, this worked for me! :)

Old 09-10-2019, 10:43 PM
chris_yooo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017719
chris_yooo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by panderp View Post
yes it fixed the problem until the next reboot of windows.

I fixed the problem with the troubleshooting from Windows. He says that the standard bitrate (8 chanel, 16 bit, 48000hz) is not set. The troubleshooting fix it live without delete the VOID and remove/connect usb.

Old 09-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Notepad's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017979
Corsair Notepad Reputation: 10

The issue are you experiencing is caused by the 1903 Windows update and undocumented changes regarding their new way of handling audio devices. The easiest way to fix your issues would be to right click on the Windows audio icon in the bottom right task bar and use the Troubleshoot option.

Tags
cue, void, windows 10