Corsair Community

VOID RGB wireless disconnects

MrPix

I recently bought this headset and have only used it for a few hours, but when I walked of range it disconnected and then did not reconnect. It crashed WinAmp and I had to exit Voice Attack, TeamSpeak and Elite Dangerous, along with removing/replacing the dongle, closing and restarting CUE and power cycling the Headset multiple times to get the sound back.

I did not experience this with the H2100, which just reconnected when back in range.

Is this behaviour normal and to be expected?

I need to know the answer ASAP whilst I can still send the headphones back if they are not suitable as wireless headphones in my environment, so an early response from Corsair on this and the issue with the Mic in my other thread would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

I have just done some more tests, with CUE not running, the headset connects back when back in range, nothing needs to be changed or restarted or plugged out/in.

The only problem with this is that I can't disable the lights on the headset meaning the battery life will be affected somewhat I would suspect.

How can I get round this?

It's not a duplicate post, I have not posted this request for a CORSAIR official response elsewhere.

I read that post you refer to and also another stating that going back a version on CUE on newer firmware was not tested/supported.

I'd rather have guidance from Corsair as I asked. Are you from Corsair and if so why is it not reflected in your username?

I appreciate you trying to help, but it would help me if you fully read my post first. I only have a few days in which to return the headset and so I need an OFFICIAL response, not a post telling me what to do (i.e. read the forum first) and then a workaround to a real issue that may or may not get fixed in the future.

If I get no response from a Corsair rep in the next day or so, I'll raise a ticket.

I work in software and follow the belief that for support threads, it's more useful to post a separate thread for each issue and person. PC's are all different and it may be that the symptom may appear to be the same, but the cause is very different, so what works for one may not work for all others and posting a 'me too' in another thread does not help the developers respond clearly to the request for assistance from each individual.

Thanks but with this and the poor mic problem, I have already almost decided to return them and go for another brand. The H2100 are being replaced under warranty and despite their even poorer mic, they will do as a back up set to whatever premium set I go for.

I'll give them another go tonight, but it seems that the wait for fixes takes too long for things that should not be odd in the first place and Corsair seems to be following the industry trend of not testing Software fully before releasing it along with skimping on product quality.

The H2100 were way better than the H2000 in quality (not the sound, but construction) so I'm sure that VOID RGB v2 will be just the ticket, but I don't want to have something that I'm just not happy as it will end up on the shelf.

the mic seems fine for me, you might havbe a faulty set, take back to the shop and get it swapped for another one see if that fixes the issue :) there are problem with the CUE atm but they have said they are working on it, they have been busy past few weeks with events and stuff so things are kinda on the back foot.. bare with them they will fix it, its a shame but this headset ios awesome dont care what anyone says :P

Great to hear t0dddy, it seems I may have faulty unit after all. With CUE, it's a PITA, but I guess I can disable it if I get a replacement.

I bought it online so will return it and try another recommendation I have had, can't mention it here as it's against the rules, so I'll come back if the "tortoise-like sandy expanse near the sea, eye six zero" is a no go when I have a working VOID in hand.

Archived