Corsair Community

Compatible Memory

Jipson

hi trackrat .. thX for the response...

i had checked that link but non were matching with ASUS Qualified Vendors Lists (QVL)for m4a88td-v evo usb3.

but the ASUS QVL Lists "CMX4GX3M2A1600C9(XMP) 4 GB Kit" ... do u think it will work fine?

If it's on the link trackrat gave, Corsair guarantees it's compatible with a Phenom II setup. Note that some AMD CPUs can't handle 1600 MHz memory without overclocking.

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 is listed for Intel Core iX systems and NOT AMD Phenom II systems.

hi Wired ........

NO CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 is not in the link trackrat gave( i has checked that before starting this forum).

as you have mentioned "CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 is listed for Intel Core iX systems and NOT AMD Phenom II systems. " thats whats confusing me on which Memory Module to select....

Can you give me the list of 4 GB Kit that is 100% guaranteed to work with my Configuration.

Processor :- Phenom ii x4 965 black edition

Motherboard :- ASUS m4a88td-v evo usb3

i want to make sure that i don't end up buying the wrong memory module...

• 4 years later...

Looking for a resolution to my problem I found this old thread.

Recently I tried to upgrade my system ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3 (Chipset AMD® 880G / SB850) + AMD Phenom 1100T to 32 GB of RAM.

After checking the memory compatibility document from ASUS website I bought 2 packages of Corsair Vengeance Pro Series - 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 Memory Kit (CMY16GX3M2A1600C9). Unfortunately, the 2 packages received have different HW version: ver. 3.24 and ver. 4.23. My system start first time, pass the POST, load the OS and I can see the 32 GB recognized by Windows 7 x64 bit. After system reboot (or restart) the motherboard does not pass the POST, no beeps. I press the memory switch on MB, it pass the memory compatibility check, then the system starts again.... but till next reboot/restart.

I did the test with Corsair 2 x 8GB + Kingston 2 x 4 GB and the system is working fine with 24 GB.

I went to shop to change one of the memory pack (the one with HW ver. 3.24) and I asked to be replaced with HW ver. 4.23 ... after 2 weeks I received ver. 5.20 :mad: ... => the system has same behavior.

I asked one of my friend with ASUS M5A99X EVO + AMD Phenom FX 8120 to test the 2 memory packages with different HW version => his system works fine.

I'm thinking to go for Corsair Vengeance Pro - 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 DRAM 1600MHz C9 (CMY32GX3M4A1600C9) but is not listed on QVL document Asus website, nor on the Corsair Memory Finder website.

It's anybody here who tried 32 GB on ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO USB3? If yes, what is the type of your memory module used?

PS: since 3 years my system works well with 16 GB of RAM (2 x 4 GB Kingston PN: 99U5458-005.A00LF combined with 2 x 4 GB Kingston PN: 9905471-006.A01LF)

If your choice of memory isnt listed as compatible doesn't mean it will not work,,only that it hasn't been tested with your particular m/b.

but you will be taking a chance if it will or not as your concern cant be answered unless a

member here has your same m/b and memory...

Motherboard manufacturers are faced with supplying QVLs for numerous items (CPU, Memory, etc.) Since the realm of available components is gigantic and ever changing, manufacturers seldom update QVLs once the item is released to the market.

Conversely, Memory manufacturers deal only with memory and a much smaller list of motherboards into which their products can be placed. Since it is in their best interest to validate usability in motherboards they normally publish a much more extensive QVL for their memory.

Bottom line, I've found it better to query a Memory manufacturer's site on whether their memory will work on a particular motherboard.

RodeoGeorge

Archived