Corsair Community

Hx620w

jdaddio

hey guys i m getting my new mb soon EVGA 680I chippy... and i want to get 8800GTX i kno it has to connectors. which in this case would take both connectors for the PCI-E.. now i have a second card which i want to use for physx could i use one of the molex and still be ok with the PSU since i dont have anymore PCI-E??

yes i m stating the new 8800 GTX's have 2 PCI-E power connectors. my motherboard has 3 16x slots. so i wanna run one single card (8800 GTX) which has 2 PCI-E power connecters. which the PSU has 2 so those are gone after hooking up the 8800. now i have an extra graphics card 7950GT i can use for physics. which has 1 connector but there both gone now b/c i will use them for the 8800. but i can hook it up via molex. so the whole thing boils down too will the psu be fine for this kind of hook up with the 2 PCI-E connectors used plus a video card hooked via molex?

(confusing i kno)

• Corsair Employee
yes i m stating the new 8800 GTX's have 2 PCI-E power connectors. my motherboard has 3 16x slots. so i wanna run one single card (8800 GTX) which has 2 PCI-E power connecters. which the PSU has 2 so those are gone after hooking up the 8800. now i have an extra graphics card 7950GT i can use for physics. which has 1 connector but there both gone now b/c i will use them for the 8800. but i can hook it up via molex. so the whole thing boils down too will the psu be fine for this kind of hook up with the 2 PCI-E connectors used plus a video card hooked via molex?

(confusing i kno)

You should be fine using the molex for this.

Archived