Corsair Community

VOID Mute Mic Button Issue

Event Horizon

Enjoying my VOID very much. Thank you Corsair!

Most of the time I keep my VOID mic muted and set Infomic to constantly show red light when it is muted.

When I power off the headset with mic mute on and then power them back on the infomic light will stay red (indicating the mic is still muted, along with QUE) but when I load a game the mic will go hot and transmit.

Temp solution for me has been to turn the mic mute off and then back on again.

Is there something I can do to make sure the VOID mic mute stays muted all the time, despite reboot or which program I use? Maybe a setting in windows? A hardware mute? Is it all software only?

Thank you for your help!

The mute microphone button on the headset is suppose to mute the microphone volume in Windows and stay muted.

Try it on other applications, does the microphone work after muting it?

What game are you running where the mic is working even though it is muted?

• 2 months later...

I get this too:

Mute the mic

Open Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Mic unmutes and headset beeps

Close Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Headset beeps and the info-mic shows as muted, but looking in the recording tab of the sound options in windows, the mic shows that it can hear sound.

I can even record sound while the mic shows as "muted"

I get this after a reboot and with other games. The mic doesn't stay muted for good

200268593_Corsairvoid.png.158e643017fe5d30fd89e47d0d73864a.png

I get this too:

Mute the mic

Open Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Mic unmutes and headset beeps

Close Call of Duty Black Ops 3

Headset beeps and the info-mic shows as muted, but looking in the recording tab of the sound options in windows, the mic shows that it can hear sound.

I can even record sound while the mic shows as "muted"

I get this after a reboot and with other games. The mic doesn't stay muted for good

I was able to reproduce this issue with the steps above Chris.

Did you create CUE profiles for each of those games? Because the mic settings may be enabled in those profiles, which is why whenever you're in those games the mic is enabled again.

But I'll pass see if we can reproduce this.

Can we get an update on this? - I've already disabled automatic profile switching and it's not the cause.

I've noticed some similar issues. Once I launch games or google hangout calls, the buttons on the headset stop working, and I need to alt-tab to CUE in order to make any changes. I have not made any profiles.

Which games are you experiencing this with? And which firmware and software versions are you using?

• 1 month later...

So I've downloaded the newest version of CUE, and now the buttons on the headset properly trigger CUE to think changes have been made, but it doesn't seem to actually change.

For example, I was in a google hangouts chat with some friends and I pushed the mute button on the headset. CUE showed that the mic was muted, the notification voice said the mic was muted, but my friends could still hear me. So the mic didn't actually mute.

The volume dial and push-button seem to be working correctly now, though, which is nice.

From what our FW team have told me, this is an issue since our headset firmware handles in only HID commands and Windows and COD (and possibly other software) do not use HID commands to set the mic mute. It's still under investigation and once I have more information I'll update this thread.

From what our FW team have told me, this is an issue since our headset firmware handles in only HID commands and Windows and COD (and possibly other software) do not use HID commands to set the mic mute. It's still under investigation and once I have more information I'll update this thread.

That is a beautiful level of support right there. Keep up that quality of work. :)

So what's the status on this?

I am very afraid that sometime the MIC light will be on, thus meaning the MIC should be turned OFF, while it actually is turned on, and people can hear everything I'm saying.

This is a great concern as it invades privacy and it's unclear what the actual status is!

Does the microphone volume in Windows mute when you press the mute button on the headset?

So it looks like my issue may have been user error. For whatever reason, Hangouts decided to use the mic on my webcam instead of my headset, despite the headset being listed as the default communications device. Once I switched it so that it used my headset's mic, muting works as intended.

Hi all,

Just to update this thread... at this time we believe that there's nothing we can do in terms of firmware or software that could fix this issue. Currently, there isn't enough memory on the headset to fix this issue without removing another feature. With that said, we will continue to monitor this and continue to explore other options to have this issue fixed.

Hi all,

Just to update this thread... at this time we believe that there's nothing we can do in terms of firmware or software that could fix this issue. Currently, there isn't enough memory on the headset to fix this issue without removing another feature. With that said, we will continue to monitor this and continue to explore other options to have this issue fixed.

So where do I apply to get my refund? It's unacceptable that I can't rely on my headset being muted. It's a major privacy concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived