Corsair Community

500D Radiator Support

RecyclopsReveng

360 in front - Yes, I'm debating whether or not to add the second row of fans to mine.

240 on top - tough. For mine the mobo comes very close to the top of the case and I can't see how to add a second row of fans there. Mind you I have a 280 up top, but that's a length problem rather than a depth problem.

Mine is mid assembly at the moment, I will try to put a photo together to demonstrate the issue at the top for you.

Here's a couple of quick shots I just took for you:

1 - Motherboard inside the case. See how the top edge is jammed right up against the rad in the top?

FcnZigN.jpg

2. From the top of the case: You can see I've mounted the fans and the rad inside the fan tray and that takes up the room inside the case. Problem is there is a glass panel that goes on the top of the case (I have removed it as I disassembled my case to paint the innards white) and I don't believe there is any clearance to mount the fans on the outside of the top fan tray as there is little to no clearance on the top between the case top and the glass roof.

BbSnK9E.jpg

What I found using Corsair's pump and radiators in a 500d, is that push-pull is out in the front and top. See my 500d build here. I tried all sorts of different combinations and found there is just not enough horizontal distance in the front to do push-pull on a RAD and keep the pump from sitting behind the GPU. Push-Pull up top was way out. Not enough distance in the top of the case to keep from hitting the CPU block or the memory slots. I ended up with 280mm x 280mm, x120mm, and then went to a 1000d case.

What I found using Corsair's pump and radiators in a 500d, is that push-pull is out in the front and top.

I'm tending to lean this way now too. While I think I *might* be able to get away with push/pull at the front I am tending to favour not trying to squeeze it in because the extra space is going to be useful for plumbing and wiring. My GPU is mounted vertically and so is less immediately in the way than a traditional mount, but usna is right. It would still be tight.

That was exactly my experience. You could physically get push-pull fans set up, but then couldn't plumb the pump for the radiators, even with the fittings at the top. You will have even less room with a 360mm radiator in the front than I had with my two 280mm.