Corsair Community

Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 and TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN

jcorbin

Hello everyone...

I am about to put together a brand new high-end system and wanted to make absolutely sure the Corsair TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN (2 x 2GB) memory kit I chose will work perfectly with my Gigabyte GA-X48T-DQ6 motherboard. I've recently read on some boards that this mobo has had some compatibility issues with memory.

I used the so-called Corsair "Memory Configurator" utility and it does list compatibility with the GA-X48T-DQ6 mobo for the following memory:

TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHX DDR3-1600 (DHX3-12800C7) 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) 1.9v 7-7-7-20-2T

(The Memory Configurator does not specifically list support for the TWIN3X4096-1600C7DHXIN, but the motherboard manufacturer does specifically state support for the Intel XMP standard for the GA-X48T-DQ6.)

NOW MY QUESTION: Has anyone actually gotten the memory and mobo to work and, if so, can someone please tell me the exact recommended voltage and latency settings I should be specifying for the memory?

Please note that I am installing the Intel QX97770 processor in the new system and, therefore, will have access to the full 1600 MHz FSB. Lastly note that I am NOT interested in overclocking the memory or CPU; I just want the most stable settings possible.

Thank you very much in advance...

JC

• 4 months later...

JC, so, does this memory work with the motherboard? I'm too now considering this exact memory for same motherboard, and would like to know if it's working after having some bad experience with OCZ (both OCZ3P16004GK and OCZ3P1600EB4GK did not work).

Shushz.

Archived