Corsair Community

Flash Memory is broke

h10

I have a memory flash Corsair "Flash Voyager" 8GB, this memory is new.

One day my memory is broke, WindowsXP say: "Uno o más dispositivos USB conectados a este equipo han tenido un mal funcionamiento, no se reconoce el dispositivo USB" in english...:

"One or more devices USB connected to this computer have had an bad functioning, is not recognized the device USB"

Ok! My memory is broken or shutdown, because this fail is not problem of windowsXP, because the drivers are good, my USB hardware is good, and Everything else is perfect.

Then I have tried to recover my memory with several programs, for example:

http://hddguru.com/

(low level format, scan memory, recovery flash, etc...)

But the problem is that none of these programs recognizes my device, My memory only is detected by the operating system as UNKNOWN DEVICE

My friends, I have very important and highly confidential information in my device, I wanted to be able to arrange it with your help.

There is some existing possibility of recovering my memory?

Thank you very much.

I wait for your answers my friends.

• Corsair Employee

You can find information regarding data recovery here which may help you recover some of your data. If you are unable to recover the data with software you may need to seek out a local data recovery service center.

Once you are able to find out if the data is recoverable, please use the On Line RMA Request Form and we will be happy to replace it. Be sure to check the box that says “I've already spoken to Technical Support and/or RAM Guy.”

Archived