Corsair Community

Asus Z370-F and Vengeance 3200MHz

deheme

Hello,

I've bougth a extension for my PC (almost everything is new) and I've problem at BIOS level.

The h/w is as follows.

Memory : cmk32gx4m2b3200c16 (2x16GB)

MB : Asus Z370-F

MP : I8700K with noctua

Each 16MB memory is working OK alone, but when I plug them together there is an orange Led (DRAM) on the MB and the post never succeed.

Any tip?

DéHème

(Sorry for my frenglish)

Hi,

Is this even with the most up to date bios?

Yes, I updated the Bios to 0607.

Please notice that it's working with the sticks in B1/B2 position, but in single channel.

Each time I fit a stick in A1 and/or A2 it doesn't post at all.

I wouldn't like to return the MB before I'm sure it will correct the issue (I need the PC). Is it really a big deal to work in single channel?

DéHème

• Corsair Employee
Yes, I updated the Bios to 0607.

Please notice that it's working with the sticks in B1/B2 position, but in single channel.

Each time I fit a stick in A1 and/or A2 it doesn't post at all.

I wouldn't like to return the MB before I'm sure it will correct the issue (I need the PC). Is it really a big deal to work in single channel?

DéHème

Sorry for the delay and not meant as an insult, but if you have to ask if it makes a difference then most likely it will not make any difference at all for you.

-art

Hi, I do not feel insulted...for the moment.

My combo is used for photography (Lightroom, DxO), no gaming at all.

Some jobs may take more than half an hour to complete (noise removing on >100 pictures is CPU/memory consuming).

My question shall be understood as : could I expect a significant improvement with dual channel, let's say >10%/20% time reduction for my example above?

DéHème

Sorry for the frenglish.

Going from single to dual channel is a big performance difference, when it comes to memory performance. Since you seem to have issues with both channel A slots, maybe check if the cooler is overtightened or there are bent pins in the CPU socket. Both are somewhat common issues that can lead to one memory channel becoming inoperable.

Thank you for your answer,

The cooler (noctua) is not overtightened, this is what I took care first according to what I read.

The pins? I did look with a magnifier, I did not see anything... but it doesn't mean there is no pin bent!

DéHème

• Corsair Employee
Going from single to dual channel is a big performance difference, when it comes to memory performance. Since you seem to have issues with both channel A slots, maybe check if the cooler is overtightened or there are bent pins in the CPU socket. Both are somewhat common issues that can lead to one memory channel becoming inoperable.

Haven't seen this big performance difference anywhere related to OP's system, do you have a link?

Archived