Corsair Community

bizzare occurrences with the K70 Rapidfire

adgalati

So last night I stepped away from a game for about 1 minute where everything was fine. When I came back, the keyboard lights were off and it seemed to be unresponsive. Then it started flashing all the key leds, and seemingly spamming the windows key and possibly the alt key. I tried my old keyboard on the same pc before restarting, it seemed to work but I could not type anything out into text or numbers, but my game was still responding with movement keys and such, weird. So I restarted with the old keyboard in and everything seemed fine. I plugged back in the K70 and the lights were still flashing and it was spamming random keys into my password box. I put back the old keyboard and go to bed. I get wake up today and try to inspect the keyboard and I did notice a little glob of what was probably vape juice on one of the alt keys that had spread a little over to the neighboring windows key and had solidified. If that was the damage it would make sense since those keys were being spammed if i remember correctly. So I took off the key caps and cleaned them with isopropyl and replaced them (it didn't look like any fluid had gotten to the switches themselves). Now, before plugging it back into my desktop pc, I decided to check with the laptop to see if it had anything to do with the pc. I plug it into the laptop (never used the keyboard with this laptop before) and all lights are on and all keys were functional. So, thinking I fixed it with the clean up job, I plug it into my desktop again and it seems to work. Although all the red led's turned off after a couple seconds except the top right corner buttons. I am very confused as to what is actually wrong and why its only on this pc that it happens (I've tried different usb ports). All keys are working at this moment but still no lights. I've also checked the CUE and updated firmware, when I force updated the firmware, the lights came back on for a moment then went off. Now when I restart the pc with the K70 plugged in, the lights are all on at the start, but once I enter my password and the desktop screen is all loaded, the lights turn back off again.

thanks for the reply! So turning off advanced does work! I actually tried this before but my ignorance of the software caused me to think something was still wrong, because for some reason the 'visor' setting was the only one on in the lighting section, which causes a waving effect of the lights. So when I would turn off advanced, I thought it was doing something weird but it turns out that was just meant to happen. The strange part is the static lighting no longer works. Right now I'm using the pulse setting on slow which is fine, but I am still baffled as to what caused this and what set it into motion.

Archived