Old 09-15-2020, 06:15 PM
johnpat's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061495
johnpat Reputation: 10

iCUE version 3.33.246

Old 09-15-2020, 11:27 PM

POST ID # = 1061515
yogsodoth Reputation: 10

Exact same issue. Void PRO USB. 3.33.246.
Mute light stays on and microphone does not unmute when button is pressed (but mute status in iCUE changes).
Tried the proposed solution, it worked until I had to restart, then mute button stopped working again.

Last edited by yogsodoth; 09-15-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:10 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1061654
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

I've been relaying the information from you guys to our development team and they will be working to resolve this in an upcoming update to iCUE. In the mean time if you don't have access to an older version of iCUE, you can install download the last version through the link below:

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/...80_release.msi

Please note you will have to uninstall the current version to roll back, so backup your profiles first before you start on this process.

Old 09-16-2020, 07:37 PM

POST ID # = 1061657
ScotKitty Reputation: 10

My issue appears to be strange, it works in some programs. But i.e. firefox it says the mic is on but no one can hear me. Also, now when I press the earpiece button it does not say mic on/off but something dealing with sidetone.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:31 AM
jpbnetley's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061682
jpbnetley Reputation: 10

Hi,

I posted about the same issue on this thread: https://forum.corsair.com/forums/sho...=180113&page=2

But I got it to work by uninstalling icue, restarting they system with the headset plugged in.
Installing icue softwre again from the website: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

And then restarting.
There after my headset works as expected again.

I have the corsair void wired usb headset.

:)

Old 09-17-2020, 12:33 PM
Marhfac's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061734
Marhfac Reputation: 10

Hello, just registered to comment that i have the same issue

tried everything posted here, worked while the pc was on, but after restarting the issue is back

i have the void elite USB, and using iCUE 3.33.246

plese help! only solution for now is uninstalling iCUE

Old 09-17-2020, 02:05 PM

POST ID # = 1061742
annamiller Reputation: 10

The only things that helped me were: checking whether i allowed access to the microphone for my app, reinstall oder update my audio driver, checking and adjusting my audio settings via sound icon.. and if it still doesn't work: check for hardware issues, because it's very likely that the issue lies with your computer or the headsets.

Anna

Old 09-18-2020, 04:30 PM
AtomicJarl's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061885
AtomicJarl Reputation: 10

In, I've been fighting this issue for about a week...

Void PRO USB. 3.33.246

I'm attempting to reinstall the old version as posted above. Will update if it does not fix it.

Old 09-19-2020, 03:07 AM
GooseTheSecond's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061931
GooseTheSecond Reputation: 10

I made an account and came in here to also confirm that the latest version of iCUE 3.33.246 is causing my wired VOID PRO RGB to be permanently muted and the button does not do anything.

Thank you Corsair, I'm sure you'll release a patch quickly. In the meantime, may I have the previous version of iCUE?

Old 09-19-2020, 03:11 AM
GooseTheSecond's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1061933
GooseTheSecond Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgything View Post
I had this same issue after starting my computer about 4 months of it sitting still. I had to update iCue and noticed my mic wouldn't come off of mute, only "mic feedback on/off". Well after 3 days of nonstop attempts, I did something a little simple that fixed it.

Unplug your USB headphones.
Close iCUE.
Go to your Control Panel.
Click on Programs.
Click on Uninstall a Program.
Right click on CORSAIR iCUE Software.
Click Repair.
Follow onscreen instructions.
Plug headset back in.

This worked for me out of all the tedious things I tried, hopefully this solves everyone else's issue :)
Going to add here that this also worked for me. Check my specs above, also I am on the absolute latest version of W10 with all current updates.

Old 09-19-2020, 02:05 PM

POST ID # = 1061987
Mockerman Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidgything View Post
I had this same issue after starting my computer about 4 months of it sitting still. I had to update iCue and noticed my mic wouldn't come off of mute, only "mic feedback on/off". Well after 3 days of nonstop attempts, I did something a little simple that fixed it.

Unplug your USB headphones.
Close iCUE.
Go to your Control Panel.
Click on Programs.
Click on Uninstall a Program.
Right click on CORSAIR iCUE Software.
Click Repair.
Follow onscreen instructions.
Plug headset back in.

This worked for me out of all the tedious things I tried, hopefully this solves everyone else's issue :)
Worked for me too, thanks mate.
But i dont plugged out my Headset.
Same Problem with Void Elite but you helped a lot and its working again, awesome.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:54 PM
hackosx86's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1062025
hackosx86 Reputation: 10

Hey everyone, I wanted to throw my 2 cents into this discussion. I have the same issue as everyone else here. Same version causing the issue as well. The current work arounds haven't helped for me, but what has helped is this....

Go to control panel, then in the top right search for "Sound", then at the top of the searched items there will be "Sound" in green. Click that. It will open the old style sound settings box. Click the Recordings tab at the top. Double click the "Headset Microphone", Click on "Levels" and then Click the button to the right of the current level to make sure the mic is unmuted.

The LED on the end of the mic will still be lit up Red, but the mic will at least work. The mute button still turns the "Mic feedback" off and on though. I did have to go back in after waking my computer today and click the mute/unmute button again to get the mic unmuted, but it's a temporary solution until Corsair gives us an actual fix. Hope this helps. Take care all!

EDIT: I tried doing the Repair option again, but this time I didn't unplug my Void Pro USB (wired) headset. It seems to have worked although now when I press the mute button on headset, it turns the Mic feedback on/off and mutes/unmutes the microphone at the same time, which is fine I suppose. It's just long winded and annoying hearing the voice say both things instead of just mic off/mic on.

Last edited by hackosx86; 09-19-2020 at 10:11 PM. Reason: New info

Old 09-21-2020, 01:18 AM

POST ID # = 1062151
ashzilla Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackosx86 View Post
Hey everyone, I wanted to throw my 2 cents into this discussion. I have the same issue as everyone else here. Same version causing the issue as well. The current work arounds haven't helped for me, but what has helped is this....

Go to control panel, then in the top right search for "Sound", then at the top of the searched items there will be "Sound" in green. Click that. It will open the old style sound settings box. Click the Recordings tab at the top. Double click the "Headset Microphone", Click on "Levels" and then Click the button to the right of the current level to make sure the mic is unmuted.

The LED on the end of the mic will still be lit up Red, but the mic will at least work. The mute button still turns the "Mic feedback" off and on though. I did have to go back in after waking my computer today and click the mute/unmute button again to get the mic unmuted, but it's a temporary solution until Corsair gives us an actual fix. Hope this helps. Take care all!

EDIT: I tried doing the Repair option again, but this time I didn't unplug my Void Pro USB (wired) headset. It seems to have worked although now when I press the mute button on headset, it turns the Mic feedback on/off and mutes/unmutes the microphone at the same time, which is fine I suppose. It's just long winded and annoying hearing the voice say both things instead of just mic off/mic on.
***** THIS ***** is the proper method for fixing the MIC OFF on connect message, while adjusting the MIC mute/MIC audio levels in iQue DO NOTHING

The last update to iQue DEFINITELY gimped this product.

To confirm everything already stated in this thread:
The latest update to iQue breaks the functionality of the RGB Void Headset -- most significantly disabling the mic on startup/USB connection & also disabling the MIC MUTE/UNMUTE button to get the mic powered on again.

Shame on Corsair for rolling out updates that break perfectly working products.

Old 09-21-2020, 01:20 AM

POST ID # = 1062152
ashzilla Reputation: 10

I can only think of the non-technical people and how horrible their experiences with this product must be.

Very very very bad Corsair...

Old 09-21-2020, 01:56 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1062230
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicJarl View Post
In, I've been fighting this issue for about a week...

Void PRO USB. 3.33.246

I'm attempting to reinstall the old version as posted above. Will update if it does not fix it.
Were you successful with the update AtomicJarl?

I noticed a lot of you are on the latest version of iCUE in your comments. Please try rolling back to the previous build to see if this resolves the issue.

https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/...80_release.msi

Tags
feedback, mic issues, mic not working, mic support need help, mute button