Corsair Community

H150i LED stays on even when computer is off

nathansol

Hello guys.

I've built a new PC a couple weeks ago and I've started experiencing the issue described in the title. The LEDs on the block stay lit with a faint green glow, even when the power supply is switched off, via the integrated switch and even when the power cable is disconnected (!).

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Thank you

I have the exact same issue. My H150i will switch color mode and go to a very DIM blue/green color upon sleep.

@nathansol is yours the same color or a different color.

As a side note I cannot force update the FIRMWARE on from iCue. It shows infinite updating without proceeding to the progress bar. I could not find the firmware image directly.

Seems like this isn't just happening to me.

Had this PC for about a month now and after installing a new K95 RGB Platinum keyboard I'm having the same issues.

At first the KB and pump head RGBs wouldn't turn off on Shutdown, and I had the same "faint blue/green" color. I then deleted the old profile and set up a new one and updated all Icue software/firmware. Afterwards the new KB RGBs shut off, but now my h150i cooler head dims blue on Shutdown and wont turn off. It also sounds like the pump is still running.

I've gone back into BIOS and disabled RGB in S5, disabled hibernate, sleep, etc. Still no luck. I have to flip the main switch on the PSU to off to get it to shut down completely.

Anyone know what is going on here?

EDIT: After this last shutdown I took the top panel off my case and the radiator fans on the H150i are ALSO still running! WHAT IN THE HECK?!

EDIT2: So, upon further investigation, it seems that the color of the light that stays on the cooler block after shutdown is linked to whatever I have set to the "Hardware lighting" effects under "Lighting Effects" on the H150i. I managed to set the "Hardware lighting" to Black and the light no longer shines on shutdown, but the radiator fans still spin and I cant get the desired color back unless I reload Icue after restarting the machine.

Obviously something is wrong here. None of the issues I currently have were happening prior to PLUGGING IN the K95 keyboard. The light on the cooler block was shutting off on shutdown and the fans were not spinning. I think disabling "Hardware Lighting" might be the ticket here, but there is no option that Ive found in the Icue OR online that shows that is possible. Honestly at this point Im about ready to remove Icue completely (registry keys too) and take the damn KB back to the store. And I cant be the only one having these issues with the 170+ views on this topic! Any ideas, or constructive input would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by NewUser455
Add Information

Problem persists even after a uninstall.

Problem persists after removing all traces of Icue in registry per this link FROM CORSAIR: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025166712-Performing-a-Clean-Reinstallation-of-the-Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-

So now I cant even start from scratch even after removing the program from registry???? What is this crap?! :mad:

I really don't think it's a software issue. Somehow the cooler is getting power even when the system is shutdown. If it's getting power, it'll work, software or not. And that's actually what you want.

So the bigger question would be ... why is it getting power from the PSU even though it's shut down? the SATA rails should be getting standby power. The USB ports might, in some cases, get power when the system is shutdown (this is the charging feature that some boards have). But SATA shouldn't.

• 9 months later...
I ran into an issue yesterday where both the led and the pump on my Corsair H150 were still function after the computer was shut down. I even unplugged the PSU, but no the pump was still powered and the light blue led light was still on. I thought I was going crazy, I checked everything, bios, settings, motherboard, etc. etc. After an hour or so I noticed I had a Gopro Hero 7 plugged into with a usb and hdmi cable. As it turned out the Gopro was somehow feeding power to the motherboard and tricking the pump to remain powered up. I unplugged the camera and presto the pump powered down as it should have. So you may want to check if you have any similar accessories plugged in. I am still baffled as to the exact nature of this bug, I am just going to avoid leaving things like that plugged in.

Out of the blue, I started having this exact same problem with my Corsair H115.

My H115 is old (bough back in 2017, replaced due to pump failure in 2018). I haven't done any recent hardware changes, and I noticed just today that the RGB light turns light blue on shutdown and the PSU fan is still running!! Another strange thing is right when I turn the PC on, the LED light on the water block flashes red a few times, then resumes normal operation. I've checked all my temperatures / pump RPM, everything looks fine.

I unplugged everything that was connected to all my USB ports (as the post above suggested) but nothing helps. I wonder if my motherboard is keeping the PSU running after shut down. If I disconnect the 24 pin connector on the motherboard, the PSU shuts off (which is expected I guess).

Any help is appreciated.

The device on the end does not request power. It's either there or it isn't. The shutdown cycle is OS-> MB-> PSU, so something in that chain is responsible. Several of these complaints popping up recently, but not sure if that means its W10 related or a lot of new MBs.

As noted by the person above you, one of the more common hang ups is the MB setting allowing you to charge USB devices when powered down. That normally has a disable in the BIOS or take stock of any new external USB devices you may be using. It is normal for SATA cables to receive power if the PSU does not get the shutdown command from the MB.

Hi Everybody

I'm getting on in years (70) & can't see the key labels clearly when logging in on my K100. It would be great to have the keyboard backlighting at start-up, is that doable?

By the way, I'm loving the optical key switches they've helped immensely in lowering my erratic key strikes.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Edited by C. Nile

The device on the end does not request power. It's either there or it isn't. The shutdown cycle is OS-> MB-> PSU, so something in that chain is responsible. Several of these complaints popping up recently, but not sure if that means its W10 related or a lot of new MBs.

As noted by the person above you, one of the more common hang ups is the MB setting allowing you to charge USB devices when powered down. That normally has a disable in the BIOS or take stock of any new external USB devices you may be using. It is normal for SATA cables to receive power if the PSU does not get the shutdown command from the MB.

Thanks for your response. It's most definitely not a software issue (I mostly use Ubuntu anyways, and I don't update any software packages at all if I can help it.). Also, as I noted above, there doesn't seem to be any USB device or anything like that drawing power causing the PSU to remain on.

Just yesterday I started experiencing random shutdowns too, which I've never had. I'm going to RMA my PSU, but I also suspect something to be wrong with my motherboard. If replacing the PSU doesn't fix it, I'll replace the motherboard too.