Corsair Community

H150 w 3x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000

anaza

Hi!

I have finished building my first computer and used Corsair Hydro H150i PRO as a CPU cooler but with 3x NF-F12 iPPC-3000.

Maybe overkill but hey - first computer I built myself (and with myself I mean my neighbor and I) :laughing:

In the program Corsair Link 4 I have been able to start the fans at 100% (2880RPM reported by Link 4) but as soon as I trying to get anything below 100% the fans stops. I have tried all the profiles, including custom.

Only the radiator (with the pump at around 2000RPM) manages to keep my CPU at below 50C in Aida64extreme (runtime 47m) but i would like to have my fans running anyway...

All fans are connected to the included hub. But because the hub is only 3-pin this isn´t connected to the motherboard. (But as i understand it this shouldn't be an issue as the computer starts anyway (the Fractal fan-hub that was included in the chassi is connected to CPU_FAN))

Does anyone has any idea how to fix this?

Trade them back in for the 2000 rpm NF-F12 PWM industrial version. I am afraid the 3000 PWM version of that fan in both A14 140mm and F12 120mm sizes has an issue with Corsair controllers. The PWM on the 3K version is definitely different. All other Noctua fans appear to work fine and I used the 2000 industrial variant for years on various Corsair controllers. It's just that one. The other two series to be aware of are the EK Vardar (and PWM model) and BeQuiet series (any PWM model). Neither react well on Corsair controllers.