Corsair Community

600t and 240mm radiator

Isewake

How would I install a 240 mm radiator on the top of the 600t? Looking to water cool and use a XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit. I have two 120mm Scythe Gentle Typoons on the top of the case. How do I mount a radiator on the top of the inside of the case? Is it supposed to use the same mounting holes as the 12mm fans. Would this set up be a lot better than the H60? I also was thinking about that for the simplicity. But I also want to OC a 2500K on a MSI P67A GD65 motherboard using the OC Genie.

You'll not mount a rad on the inside of a 600T... have the same case and also looking into the same watercooled gear as your self..

you may find a thin rad that may fit but every where iv read people end up with the rad on the top modding the grate lid to fit the rad and fans on the top...

have a look on the watercooling.uk forum as this is where iv been finding my answers.

Be interested hearing about your findings thought;):

Just decided to stick with air. With a custom loop, maintenance may be too much for me right new especially if it needs to be drained and hoses replaced. With the H60, one guy had problems with leakage. So I'll wait for a while to see if it was a one time thing or there may be a problem with the H60. I'll just change out the NH-D14 that I just ordered and put in a H60 or maybe Corsair will come out with a thin 240mm radiator one that will fit into the 600T. With the NH-D14, I'm planning on ordering the mesh side panel and building a shroud that will direct the air from two of the fans onto the NH-D14. We'll see if it can be done and if there would be any benefit.

How would I install a 240 mm radiator on the top of the 600t? Looking to water cool and use a XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 WaterCooling Kit. I have two 120mm Scythe Gentle Typoons on the top of the case. How do I mount a radiator on the top of the inside of the case? Is it supposed to use the same mounting holes as the 12mm fans. Would this set up be a lot better than the H60? I also was thinking about that for the simplicity. But I also want to OC a 2500K on a MSI P67A GD65 motherboard using the OC Genie.

The RS240 rad at 35mm thick fits quite nicely in the 600T..the fans are to be mounted where they are now (above the case and under the grille). The radiator goes inside the case mounted on the underside of the metal top all mounted through the same holes that the fan uses. Some M4 x 30mm screws will probably work well. The screws go through the fan holes-then through the case holes then into the radiator. Essentially you are sandwiching the case metal top between the fans and the radiator. Those are very common screws used when setting up radiators with pull fans. Most shops that sell pc water cooling gear stock them.

As far as maintenance it's not absolutely necessary to drain and refill your loop every year. I've had loops go over 2 1/2 years with absolutely no maintenance- no loss of performance, algae growth or fluid discoloration.

Just slight clouding of the tubing due to plasticizer release from the tygon 3603 tubing that I use.

Heres a link to someone who mounted a RS240 radiator AND a 200mm radiator in a 600T http://www.techreaction.net/2010/11/28/blog-corsair-graphite-series™-600t-all-internal-dual-loop/

The RS240 rad at 35mm thick fits quite nicely in the 600T..the fans are to be mounted where they are now (above the case and under the grille). The radiator goes inside the case mounted on the underside of the metal top all mounted through the same holes that the fan uses. Some M4 x 30mm screws will probably work well. The screws go through the fan holes-then through the case holes then into the radiator. Essentially you are sandwiching the case metal top between the fans and the radiator. Those are very common screws used when setting up radiators with pull fans. Most shops that sell pc water cooling gear stock them.

As far as maintenance it's not absolutely necessary to drain and refill your loop every year. I've had loops go over 2 1/2 years with absolutely no maintenance- no loss of performance, algae growth or fluid discoloration.

Just slight clouding of the tubing due to plasticizer release from the tygon 3603 tubing that I use.

Heres a link to someone who mounted a RS240 radiator AND a 200mm radiator in a 600T http://www.techreaction.net/2010/11/28/blog-corsair-graphite-series™-600t-all-internal-dual-loop/

Thanks for that buddy..opened up my mind now in having one fitted on the inside:cool:...tape measure out i think now

Yeah i might get watercooling after seeing this. The problem is that i hope the P8P67 motherboard won't cause problem with the radiator on top. The dude seem to say that the radiator is touching one of the mobo headsink..

Yeah i might get watercooling after seeing this. The problem is that i hope the P8P67 motherboard won't cause problem with the radiator on top. The dude seem to say that the radiator is touching one of the mobo headsink..

Yeah those where the issues i had heard about fouling spots on the MB...

one of the reasons i got put off regarding the thinner Rads was the surface area against the thicker ones is quiet some less.

Also i wanted a full board block and again will it be fouled by a internal rad... my thought keep coming back to mounting it on the top and making it a feature

Archived