Corsair Community

600T needs taller feet or casters option for floor

gm50

Im forced place this big Mid tower case on my desk since the fan intake is plugged when sitting on my carpeted floor due to its short feet and small gap

between the filter and the bottom.

Any plans for a "floor kit" perhaps with taller feet or casters?

IMO this case is so huge Id rather put it on the floor and Im sure there are

many out there who have carpeted floors.

Im forced place this big Mid tower case on my desk since the fan intake is plugged when sitting on my carpeted floor due to its short feet and small gap

between the filter and the bottom.

Any plans for a "floor kit" perhaps with taller feet or casters?

IMO this case is so huge Id rather put it on the floor and Im sure there are

many out there who have carpeted floors.

yeah with you on the carpet thing and luckily my new desk had a shelf that kept it off the floor..

If you look in any online shops in the Lan Party section there a set of casters wheels that will do the job sweet if you wanted to put it back on your floor:cool:

failing that im sure you could mod up your own set of feet for your case for next to nothing.

Would you run your power supply with 2/3 of the power supply fan taped shut?

Well that's how you run your power supply in a 600T when the power supply is

installed with intake fan down.

I noticed very little air was escaping from the rear of my power supply after

installing it in this position. What didn't help was that the case was sitting on a carpeted floor. I could hear the difference in fan pitch and feel a difference

in the airflow from the back of the power supply just by lifting the case slightly off the floor or removing the filter.

Taking a closer look at the design of the bottom of the case and taking rough measurements the fan has to draw air through two 1 cm air gaps with a total length of approximately 38 cm. Thats only 38 cm2 of total open area for the fan to suck air through! The solid rectangular shaped feet running the length of the case effectively cuts off the air flow to the sides of the case. A 120mm fan hole has approximately 113 cm2 of area. Thats 38/113 or only 33% of the area needed THATS 66% RESTRICTION. That's like taping up 2/3 of the airflow to the power supply fan. I don't even want to think about the restriction from the fan filter on top of that. Add my .5 cm deep carpet halving the air gap of 38 cm2 then you can understand why my power supply fan was almost completely restricted.

What this amounts to essentially is a beautiful designed fan filter and fan mount but forgetting to cut a hole big enough for the fan!

I see this as a SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW and I'm returning this case.

I refuse to mod a serious design oversight...I consider this a defective design.

:mad:

I've already voiced my concerns to cust support and tech services

but it appears I'm the ONLY one who has ever noticed this problem.

Apparently 99% of the owners of the 600T are very happy not knowing that their power supply fan is SEVERELY resticted. Modern power supplies are pretty tough and will probably run for quite a while with air flow restriction.

The sad part is a couple if years down the road power supplies in this case will start failing and no one will notice it's the case...they'll just blame it on the power supply.

I'm truly sorry but I won't run my power supply with 2/3 of the flow resrticted.

Corsair could have just made current design feet just 2 cm thicker or used conventional peg style feet and this problem would not exist.

I think this is another case of form over function.

I have not taken a temperature measurement, but the PSU in my 600T case exhausts only slightly warm air. It doesn't seem to get hot at all, so it's not a problem in my case :) Maybe a different setup would have a problem with overheating PSU. I don't know.

I would not put a bottom vented case on a carpet. The 600T is apparently not designed for that. Maybe some other cases are? The 600T would look funny on my desk with big feet.

As long has you have a board or sort under the case when on a carpet you should be sound...

If on a flat surface there is plenty of room to draw air through the PSU and decent PSU's will keep low temps anyway..

Just a case of thinking on your feet here and a bit of common sense if sitting it on a carpet..

I have seen this issue in a couple of forums and seems like no one was really bothered about it... I'd suggest to use your best judgment on where to put your case.. If design flaw is the issue, I can tell you right now some people would tell you otherwise. If you think the PSU temp is going to be unacceptably high then it would be nice to get that actual # and see if you're assumption is correct. Always keep in my that every system will be unique to each other, hence temp and airflow will be a very subjective opinion. Just be creative and always be open possible alternatives.

I thought about that but it's not that simple.

The rubber pads are a thin rubber glued onto the hollow plastic, there is nothing for

the casters to screw into on the existing feet.

You;d have to remove the existing feet and bolt them directly to the case.

With the legs removed the case would look odd since the sides are shaped around the legs. Trying to preserve the look s of the case while adding casters was out.

I cut 2 pieces of 1x2" wood 14" long and was gonna velcro them to the bottom like skids but decided against it....too cheap looking.

I returned the case and will be getting the 650d when my vendor has it available since

it has a more conventional leg design and appears to have more space beneath the case

for breathing.

As for that dolly in the scond link suggested...thought of that too,,,it's a bit narrow for the feet which are 10.5" wide,

the dolly is only 10.1" in addition its another $30..I spent $140 for the case

Archived