Corsair Community

Wires/leads on headsets

Jay.Co

Hi there all,

Regarding the HS1 and other gaming headsets...

I have a pair of G35 and something that gets on my nerves is that the leads go from the left ear and my machine is on the right meaning the wire crosses in front or behind your neck...

Started thinking about this and realised everybody i know with PC's desktop machines that there's is also on the right side...

Anyway, yes simple fix been a USB dock of type to the left of you or move your machine to the left...BUT if you have a side window you'll not get the view...

So is there a reason there fitted to the left side Corsair:question:

was going to add a poll to this thread seeing which side your case is at but don't seem able to find such a thing so if you can add to the thread be great...

Maybe something for Corsair to look into hay...

Thanks for looking in...

• Corsair Employee
I am not sure of any technical reason for the wire being on the left ear cup, but after a quick search of other brands it seems to be a trend with headsets. I believe even the G35 has it on the left side. I have never really thought about it to tell you the truth, since my monitor has USB ports on the left side and thats usually where I plug my headset into.

I am not sure of any technical reason for the wire being on the left ear cup, but after a quick search of other brands it seems to be a trend with headsets. I believe even the G35 has it on the left side. I have never really thought about it to tell you the truth, since my monitor has USB ports on the left side and thats usually where I plug my headset into.

Yeah my G35's as this been the reason it got me thinking about it... be good though if i had some USB ports on my monitor and then use them when needed..

Be something for them headset designers to think about later down the line..

but as it's just me and the people i know thinking yeah be a lot better having it at the side your machine is at then i don't think it will happen any time soon..:biggrin:

Probably because most people are right-handed and therefore you don't want the headset wire dangling down the same hand/arm your using the mouse with. Most people run the wire around their keyboard so its not really coming from the right side. The HS1 has a plenty long wire (too long imo) so it should be able to route any way you want it to.

thewird

Archived