Corsair Community

Striker Extreme, 4x 1gb sticks, another one

Thiras

Yeah, so I'm in the mud too.

I get random crashes when gaming and BSODs at random intervals.

The memory is (copied from the internet stores website where I bought it):

Corsair XMS2-6400 TWIN2X2048-6400C4 4-4-4-12 Xtreme 2x1024MB (tot. 2GB) DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz with Heatsink

Mobo is a striker extreme, ive got a core 2 duo at 2.66 ghz. Nothing is overclocked and Im running at the default bios settings. The bios is rev 0901 which I've read is a stable one, no reason to try to fix that which aint broken, right? :)

Ill try running with 2 sticks for now, I havent bothered switching to a 64bit os yet so bleh. Would still be nice if I could get all of it working. Ty for answer :)

Have you got your ram set to the right timings in the BIOS?

4-4-4-12 2T 2.1v?

Well, for one thing I dont really know what the right timings are.. 4-4-4-12 are latencies, right? I tried 2.1v but it didnt make a difference.

Still, I get those funny errors with two of the sticks, but not with the other two. :/

Well, for one thing I dont really know what the right timings are.. 4-4-4-12 are latencies, right? I tried 2.1v but it didnt make a difference.

Still, I get those funny errors with two of the sticks, but not with the other two. :/

In that case it looks like you got a pair of bad sticks. RMA time :sigh!:

• Corsair Employee

Please try the following settings if you are running 4 modules on this motherboard:

SLI Ready: Disabled(this has nothing to do with your Video Card SLI configuration, don't get confused)

Memory Voltage: 2.0v

TCL: 4

TRCD: 4

TRP: 4

TRAS: 12

Command Per Clock: 2T

TRC: 24

TRFC: 42

Hello again Ram Guy!

Its not going good, I'm currently using all those settings and I get a ton of errors at 1 spot in the memory, like that:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3825/memerrorhq6.jpg

Got any other settings I should try? Thank you :)

edit: rofl :P

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3954/memerror2yd1.jpg

edit again: Its changing, 5 mins ago it reported errors at 45x-something MB, now its at 1017 mb, wth is going on? :D

Have you tested the modules one at a time to insure one is not failing?

Yes I did, found the one that gives errors all the time :( so im returning them to the store i bought them from and theyll send new ones. Thank you for your help, much appreciated :) The other two sticks works wonders :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I have the same memory/motherboard (4x Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 / Striker Extreme) settings. I got the memory working with the final BIOS 1102. The crucial settings are:

Disable GPUex

Disable Legacy USB

SLI memory: Expert

Memory voltage 2.0!

Memory Linked (1066/800)

CAS:4

R2C:4

RAS Precharge:4

Tras:4

command rate: 2T

tRC: 24

everything else at automatic.

Hi guys

Could do with some advice.

I also have just gone for a Striker Exremely CRAP doh!

Can still send it back tho :D

I've just upgraded to what I'd hoped would be a serious 3D rendering machine.

Went for the Striker cos thought "buy the best"! Had always coveted an Asus hearing they were the best.

Anyways I did'nt do as much research before buying as I prolly shoulda and having spent 2 days trying to get the f-ing thing to boot I heard it might be faulty ram so wipped 2 out and finally got a response.

I've since been reading about all the problems with it not being able to run 4gigs of ram.

I know nothing about over clocking and don't have the time to get into it, what I'm looking for is a nice stable system that renders in 3d quickly and plays games nice and fast.

SO, (finally he gets to the point!)

My ram is Corsair xms2 6400 twin2x matched pair and it says on it 5-5-5-12.

I got 2 pair of this for 4gig total.

When you say you run yours at 4-4-4-12 is this different ram or are you tuning it slower or faster?

And what mobo would you recommend as a nice stable item to run the following:

Nvidia 8800gtx (sli pos for future 2nd card)

4 gig ram

intel 6700

sata hd and dvd

thanks in advance

MT

And what mobo would you recommend as a nice stable item to run the following:

Nvidia 8800gtx (sli pos for future 2nd card)

4 gig ram

intel 6700

thanks in advance

MT

I'd like to have an answer to this as well, except that I have 8800 GTS.

I like asus MBs, but is it realy a smart choice with all these problems? Would asus commando be better if I am not planning on having sli? I am also guite ignorant about overclocking.

I have the same problem and can not get it to work. Only difference I have the Corsair 6400C4. I was building 2 PCs so I had 4 pairs. I can only get zero errors with any given pair for 2GB. Every combination of 4GB with any setting results in errors. I have tired Mem voltage from 2 to 2.1. With defaults the board recognizes the memory a 5-5-5-18. Forcing 4-4-4-12 did not help. I was doing better with the 1002 BIOS than the 1102 Bios. With 1002 and 2.1v, it was finding 4-4-4-12. But would still get errors at 4GB. Tried

But no good. Also tried kicking NB to 1.5v. But no good. Reset and tried again with 1102, Can only get no errors with 2GB, 2.05v Memory, and NB at 1.30.

Tried Asus Tech Support but no help.

Please try the following settings if you are running 4 modules on this motherboard:

SLI Ready: Disabled(this has nothing to do with your Video Card SLI configuration, don't get confused)

• 1 month later...

Got my sticks today after a little waiting :)

They worked perfectly with the settings you suggested, thank you Ram Guy :) Very impressed with the support I got here from you, keep up the good work :biggrin:

edit: Ok got a bluescreen, no errors from windows memtest so I'm running memtest86 now. Wonder where my old cd went :( Might be a good idea to turn it up to 2.1v? It's at 2.0 atm.

edit again: Ran it through memtest86 now without errors. Settings:

2.0v

CAS 4

R2C 4

RAS Precharge 4

Tras 4

Command cycle: 2T

tRC 24

tRFC 42

Updated bios to 1102 from 0901 (thats when it started working)

GpuEx off

Legacy USB off

That's it :) Make a sticky with the appropriate settings Ram Guy? Since there are so many people asking about this.

Archived