Corsair Community

CMX512-3200C2PT Registering Memory Errors

JakeWSYSA

Hi,

I've been experiencing alot of trouble with my pc over the last 8 months and finally found out that I could run Memtest 86 via cd-rom instead of a floppy (which I didn't have) So after running it for 24 hours it found 2600 Errors. I've then taken out the modules and tested them one by one for 2 hours each. It appears that one of the 2 modules is producing the errors and I would like to exchange it. The System is as follows:

ASUS P4C800 - Deluxe (Already RMA'd 1 time)

Geforce FX 5950 Ultra (ASUS V9980) (RMA'd 2 times)

2x Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT

10k Western Digital Raptor Drive

P4 3.0 Processor

I purchased the parts in April of 2003

Hi,

I RMA'd the Video Card because I thought the Crashing issues where related to the card. The System started acting up within 6 months of installing a new video card. However each RMA of the video card produced the same problems that exist today. The MOBO RMA was due to a faulty MOBO that wouldn't POST. That issue was fixed when ASUS Replaced it 1.2 years ago. I have updated to the latest BIOS for my MOBO.

While I have not tried it on another system, I know that the issue is with this 1 memory stick. If I replace the BAD stick of memory in the same slot as the Stick that passes the MEM test it will result in errors.

Hi RAM Guy,

I will check if I have legacy USB enabled or not, but I have checked the modules one by one, both in slot A1. and one module failed the test and the other passed, both of the single module tests were conducted for 2 hours each.

I'm now testing the module at work on another PC and finding that I get the same results on the bad module on an identical Machine with Legacy USB disabled. It is only 34 minutes into the test but I will let it run for a few hours. This module definatley has problems.

Archived