Corsair Community

H80i leaked all over my 770s

Today was awful. I noticed some strange white powder on top of my sound card so i opened my case to check it out and found it was pretty much saturated with coolant from my H80i. It has also leaked down the MB and onto my 2 gtx 770s... I'm not sure what the coolant is but it has eaten away the finish on the back plates of the gpus. The sound card is pretty devastated cosmetically too. I'm sat here with all my components covered in oil out in front of me. I've already got a ticket but I don't know what to do about my cards? Does anyone have any experience with this kinda situation? IE will corsair replace my components? I have photographic evidence of the leak.

They've gotten back to me relatively quick and I've updated the ticket.

I really cannot afford to replace what has been damaged, truth is i'm still paying off one of the cards on finance. Is there a specific part of the terms and conditions which state they will not be liable? If that's the case I'm going to probably have a nervous breakdown.

They've gotten back to me relatively quick and I've updated the ticket.

I really cannot afford to replace what has been damaged, truth is i'm still paying off one of the cards on finance. Is there a specific part of the terms and conditions which state they will not be liable? If that's the case I'm going to probably have a nervous breakdown.

i honestly haven't seen such an inclusion pertaining to leakage,from my standpoint when i installed mine i took it as a obvious risk...

an example would be buying a new set of ties and in everyday driving you pick up a nail in the tire

can you fault the tire manufacturer>?

of course not...

I don't see how this is comparable to having a nail in your tyre however, or anything apart from the matter at hand. If i were to compare, I'd say if you had a some plumbing work done which resulted in a major leak which damaged your house, you would seek some level of compensation from the plumber. People don't opt to buy houses without running water just in case it may leak.

I bought this unit because I didn't want the risk of a custom loop. I bought this sealed unit, followed the instructions on how to install it, did everything by the book and now through no fault of my own, it has failed and caused considerable damage. Maybe if Corsair had printed 'Caution, this product may destroy your computer' on the box, I wouldn't be so upset.

your plumbing scenario is quite frankly a poor comparison for the simple reason once installed there's no changes to said plumbing,,it either works or it doesn't.when it comes to the hydro,,its impossible to know to what level of expertise it was installed in,how roughly or how carefully it was installed,how many times it was removed due to what ever reason be it a new paste application,routine cleaning and what not..ive seen vids of people smacking the block,pulling on the hoses ect...,yet is it still to be guaranteed not to leak?

ive also seen vids that make me wonder how it could work after being so roughly handled.

im not saying this was done in your case,it doesn't matter but once its sold,,its standard policy with all makers to warranty only the hydro.

people that buy these know that its a risk

while Corsair may still work with you on damages,it is only because of good customer relations and still likely on a pro rated basis for any reimbursements..

I'm interested to see how this turns out. I'm planning on upgrading to an H80 or H80i soon but I'm very wary of this happening... espesh if say everything gets fried like in this case and there is no reasonable cover. May as well build a loop yourself as I thought the unique selling point of these all in units was that they are safer.

Good luck!

Thank you.

I plan on documenting my experience here because all other threads on this subject appear vague as to the outcome. I think that this is a very rare occurence however and for the year and 3 months my H80i was not spurting coolant everywhere, it did its job like a champ. The only time i have touched it was to remove it once this leak began. Problem is now I'm pretty freaked out about putting a liquid cooler back in but at the same time, it looks much better imo than a giant air cooled heat sink, not to mention the ease of access to components the Hydro series offers and zero stress on the motherboard. Talk about being in two minds on what to do now!

I will never be able to understand how much this sucks. But I'm sure it will work out, and I hope you stop worrying because I know how terrible it is to worry over computer problems. Just see what Corsair says, and until then there is nothing you can do and you have to face that. Is your computer starting at all? Don't try to start it... Try to clean it by dabbing some cloth that has no lint on it... then leave it for 48 hours. Also, can you post or message me pictures? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
The 2-3 days turned into over a week to get the shipping label but it did finally arrive. I sent it off last Tuesday and today i have just gotten a message stating that delivery of my components was refused and they are being delivered back to me. Its been nearly a month with my computer out of action. I am pretty dissapointed with all of this.

My H100i leaked within my PC and most of my PC components are currently with corsair.

They have admitted that the H100i leak as caused the damage to my motherboard and Dram, they have tested my cpu, pcu and GPU which they say are fine and are returning.

They are replacing the H100i and Dram for new corsair parts (like for like)

But the problem ls with the motherboard they have offered me $80 for a replacement $250 motherboard.

The person who said that corsair is not liable for damage caused by their product failure is totally wrong.

Under the manufacturing laws you are liable for any damaged cause by failure of your product.

So I have sent an email back stating that I should be not out of pocket replacing my motherboard.

So far, I have not had any good dealings with Corsairs RMA and support. Lots of apologizes, but RMAs that keep getting pushed back for BS reasons or constant 'back orders'. As for product liability, if a product as a manufacturers defect, and it causes damage to you or your property, you can be compinsated.

"A defective product causes injury or damage to a person or a person's property because of some defect in the product, its labeling or the manner in which the product was used. The manufacturer and others involved in distribution, sales or marketing of defective products can be held liable where injuries or property damage occur. Defective products include a wide range of products including motorized vehicles, drugs and medical devices, toys, household products and any other product that has been defectively designed, manufactured or labeled. Under product liability law, companies or individuals who make products available to consumers are held responsible when those products cause harm. Essentially, product liability law means that consumers who are harmed by defective products can be compensated for that harm. "

i honestly haven't seen such an inclusion pertaining to leakage,from my standpoint when i installed mine i took it as a obvious risk...

an example would be buying a new set of ties and in everyday driving you pick up a nail in the tire

can you fault the tire manufacturer>?

of course not...

By the way, your example is horrible. In a situation like his, your example should read more in the lines of "If you buy a new set of tires, and you are driving every day, and then suddenly the tire(s) blew because of a manufacturers defect, causing you to crash and cause property damage and or damage to a person, can you fault the tire manufacturer?"

The answer is 'Yes.' Does Firestone come to mind?

If a manufacturers defect causes damage to you or your property when being used in its intended way, the manufacturer is liable for those damages, as their product is what caused the damages, meaning they damaged it.

By the way, your example is horrible. In a situation like his, your example should read more in the lines of "If you buy a new set of tires, and you are driving every day, and then suddenly the tire(s) blew because of a manufacturers defect, causing you to crash and cause property damage and or damage to a person, can you fault the tire manufacturer?"

The answer is 'Yes.' Does Firestone come to mind?

If a manufacturers defect causes damage to you or your property when being used in its intended way, the manufacturer is liable for those damages, as their product is what caused the damages, meaning they damaged it.

well,to avoid bouncing back and forth making wild comparisons,ill just post their warranty disclaimer,which is basically the same as any other business

Corsair has been know to compensate parts just for a good business practice but are not required to...

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty

:eek: That H80i leaked out and damaged your parts, Yeah F'k that! Corsair is responsible for that!

that's the reason why we consumers purchase this product in the first place, self sustain liquid cooling product with no worries of leaks,

you got a bad unit and again that's Corsair part in that!

Corsair should and I hope they do replace your parts that were damage by Corsair H80i faulty unit.

You got me worry :confused: now and I'm checking :bigeyes: my H100i unit everyday now.

"We will do our best to get this matter resolved. Please fill out the attached form completely (pictures and receipts required) and e-mail back. Once we receive the form back, we will issue you a prepaid shipping label (within 24-48 hrs.) to bring the Corsair product and all suspected damage components back to our Lab for evaluation and possible monetary reimbursement if found that our product indeed caused the damage, otherwise, if our product passes the failure analysis, we will then send all the components back to you. The amount will be based on the current market value of that given hardware. We will do a failure analysis on our component and let you know the results."

This is the message I received from corsair stating that it will reimburse the current market value.

So seeing as it will be $250 to replace my motherboard, I should receive $250 not $80.

Also I don't understand why Corsair can not send you non Corsair replacement components, surley they would get them cheaper.

Ok so the damage has been surveyed and corsair agree it was the H80i. I wont disclose what they have offered me to pay for new parts but I wouldnt even be able to buy 2nd hand components with the amount stated. I have refused the offer so we'll see where this goes.

I feel bad but those gpus were 2 months and 3 weeks old respectively, I have no odea what the compensation value was calculated on.

Its seems they treat everbody the same ricardod123.

Well here is the update of my experience.

I have accepted an offer for the full price for a replacement motherboard and Corsair said they will return my components that have not been damaged by the leaking H100i.

They will replace my H100i and ram for new products.

So I can finally think this matter is resolved..WRONG!!!

I received my CPU,power unit and graphics card today and on opening the box, I could not believe my eyes.

They have just dumped my power unit and graphics card loose with no protective wrapping on them, all the bubble wrap that I sent them in was just in the bottom of the box and yes it was the same box that I sent my components in that they used to return them in.

So the the power unit and graphic card have been smashing around in a box and as a result the power unit as broke through the box and been damaged.

So until I rebuild my PC I will not know if the graphic card as been damaged as a result in contact with the power unit in transit.

So an email get returned to customer services,

Man that sucks. Luckily (? Or unluckily) all my parts were dead so i dont have anything being shipped back. However I think I am being ignored after refusing to accept the compensation value which would have covered about 1 gpu, not 2. I felt bad refusing but really, if blame has been admitted, why should I pay out hundreds again to just gain back what I should of had already. Its been nearly 2 months now without any kind of pc and my work is suffering. A smartphone doesnt cut it and my work office with much worse equipment is about an hours drive away. Every day i wait up and check my emails but nothing. I hope your components arent too damaged =(

WOW! I'm sorry but this right here and other bad reads and reviews on Corsair handling consumers situation especially die hard fans is not good at all!

What the :wtfman: is going on with Corsair nowadays or whats happening?

they gettin' worst and worst :wtfeh: don't understand how a company like Corsair expect to have loyal consumers support them?

Again, I have Crosair products and had a few that failed on me within 2-3 years before, and I was going through Hell with RMA's that was a Pain in the :shakeit:,

yet I gave them a chance! but after this year it will probably be my last year buying anything from Corsair unless they shape up and get their act together as professionals,

Corsair sure loves how to Market their products when it comes to selling but falls short when it comes to satisfying :brick: the consumers after we open our wallets up front!

I know a similar company like that :ar:EA/DICE :nono:

Archived