Corsair Community

Void: No sound anymore

Milaan

Got the VOID last week and it worked absolutley fine in all games and skype.

Yesterday i got home and it stopped getting any audio from Windows 10.

I tried:

- Connecting USB dongle to other USB Port

- Checking if the VOID is standard device for input/output

- Restarted PC

After i removed the CUE Software from my PC it instantly worked. The i reinstalled CUE and i stopped working. Removed it again and it worked.

Oh the mic is still working for example in skype.

Any idea?

is this the rgb wireless ones or yellowjacket, or wired rgb carbon/black ones..

be sure to plug in back usb port, be sure to install software as admin, & also be sure to set the device in sound properties, you right click sound bottom right in taskbar then click playback devices>right click on void headset and set default comunnications & also click default device, both VOID :)

lemme know how you get on dude, also does the headset beep and stuff as it should.?

P.S i think it may be windows 10 tbh.. windows update bricked my machine, went back to windows 8.1 :)

Edited by t0dddy
fixed spelling :P

Sounds like it may be a driver issue if t0ddy's suggestion did not help.

open Device Manager and confirm Windows is using the Corsair drivers and that there are no errors.

If that does not help, reset CUE by deleting the files found in %Appdata%\Corsair This will delete user made effects, actions, settings, etc

• 5 months later...
Fixed the problem by removing CUE, then REBOOT and then install CUE again.

Thanks guys.

Windows7 64bit. Exactly the same problem as Milaan, but the solution did not work.

When I plugged in my wireless VOID, windows recognized it and I had on the playback devices (right click on the speaker) the headset earphone as Corsair VOID RGB Wireless. In addition the device manager had under Sound, video and game controllers the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless device.

After installing CUE (1.15.36) I lost the Corsair under playback devices, and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to Corsair VOID in the device Manager. CUE would recognize the VOID, but Windows7 would not.

Is this a CUE bug? I de-installed it, rebooted, installed it back... Nothing. It seems that when CUE is installed, something is messed up. Anybody with a solution?

• 2 weeks later...
Windows7 64bit. Exactly the same problem as Milaan, but the solution did not work.

When I plugged in my wireless VOID, windows recognized it and I had on the playback devices (right click on the speaker) the headset earphone as Corsair VOID RGB Wireless. In addition the device manager had under Sound, video and game controllers the Corsair VOID RGB Wireless device.

After installing CUE (1.15.36) I lost the Corsair under playback devices, and there was a yellow exclamation mark next to Corsair VOID in the device Manager. CUE would recognize the VOID, but Windows7 would not.

Is this a CUE bug? I de-installed it, rebooted, installed it back... Nothing. It seems that when CUE is installed, something is messed up. Anybody with a solution?

Do you still have this issue? i'm in the exact same place.

• 2 months later...

I am also having a similar issue, but with the WIRED version, Corsair VOID USB. Have uninstalled/reinstalled CUE and restarted the computer 6 times (once for each USB port on my comp, and none of them have worked. I can use the CUE software to change the color on my headphones, and hear the startup beeps, but no audio or mic input.

Did the uninstall/reinstall/update in device manager, and am still getting a yellow ! next to the device. Also, the windows 7 driver install keeps saying failed.

What more can I do besides returning them?

I am also having a similar issue, but with the WIRED version, Corsair VOID USB. Have uninstalled/reinstalled CUE and restarted the computer 6 times (once for each USB port on my comp, and none of them have worked. I can use the CUE software to change the color on my headphones, and hear the startup beeps, but no audio or mic input.

Did the uninstall/reinstall/update in device manager, and am still getting a yellow ! next to the device. Also, the windows 7 driver install keeps saying failed.

What more can I do besides returning them?

I'm having same issue as above except on my Gaming rig, I'm running Win 10 & My headset is wireless, I have not tried the device manager recommendations yet.

But to throw a spanner in the works, if I install the headset & CUE software on my laptop it all works, also my freinds who have these headsets use them on their laptops all working fine

I have raised a ticket but feel I will have to send them back

• 1 year later...

I had to make an account specifically for this.

After a year and a half, it seems this is still not fixed and nobody from Corsair even bothered to respond here.

For those of you still on this, I finally got it working by installing an older version of the CUE software.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue, but for me when I uninstall CUE, there's still no sound...

I got headphones like 2 months ago, they work great in the beginning. Then around 3 weeks ago I reinstalled system to Windows 7. They worked only if I didn't installed CUE. After 1,5 week I installed it just to check and it worked, could've changed setup and lights. Now, 2 days ago I had to reinstall system again. Of course headphones worked only without CUE, but today even tho I didn't installed it, there's no sound. System is finding headphones, there's sound in my settings, but nothing comes from the headphones. There's even that smal green line going up and down in sound settings that means the sound is coming from somewhere, but not going throu my headphones. I don't know what to do. If someone finds solution, please reply.

• Corsair Employee
When you performed the clean install of Windows, did you perform all the Windows updates? There are some updates that need to be performed for proper functionality of the software. Also, which version of the CUE software do you have installed currently?

After some Windows Updates it worked before, now I'm not sure. I will get new PC in 2 weeks so I will try on that one with Windows 10. But now I have different problem, I connect headset to PC via USB with no CUE, it worked before but there's no sound. I hear a beep when I unmute the mic or on/off but no sound comes from PC. On PC it shows that drivers are okay, there's a name of headset but no sound at all. I think it's because of my PC but I can't tell now, will check in 2 weeks.

• 9 months later...
Ladies and gents, after a lot of toying with it I figured it out. Go into the Corsair ICUE, click your device (HS70), go to settings, and where it says Firmware click update. It told me mine was up to date and then it gave me the option to "force update". Click that, plug your headset into your pc using the charger/usb cable, wait for it to update and WALA! It worked for me at least.

• 2 weeks later...
Ladies and gents, after a lot of toying with it I figured it out. Go into the Corsair ICUE, click your device (HS70), go to settings, and where it says Firmware click update. It told me mine was up to date and then it gave me the option to "force update". Click that, plug your headset into your pc using the charger/usb cable, wait for it to update and WALA! It worked for me at least.

Did that for a while then it stopped working, exited cue then it started working again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So i tried everything you said and it did not work.

What it worked for me was to plug it on another USB port (3.0 instead of 2.0 so different chipset) and it worked like a charm.

If i plug it back again in the usb 2.0 ports it does not sound anymore, so now i have an usb 3.0 port busy only with the receiver :(

Click on the Search bar in windows 10 and type troubleshoot Audio . There should come up Find and Fix Problems with playing sound and click that link which opens a window and click on Next and on next page click on your Corsair headset in the list and go to next and let it find and fix the problem. Follow the steps and Windows 10 will fix it for you. Mine had 2 settings in audio that it reset and now working correctly .

• 4 weeks later...
Hit the window button (or start) and select settings. Now click devices and find your headset and click on it. Click remove device. After you remove it, unplug headset then plug it back in (if it's USB).

I updated iCUE to 3.18.77 a few days ago and that's when I began having problems with my Void RGB Wired Headset. When I boot up my PC I get no sound, and my audio player refuses to play any audio file.

Following the above instructions does return the headset to normal functionality but now I have to do this every single time I turn on my PC. I also just ran my win10 updates so everything is fine. Not sure what the problem is.

EDIT: Just to update. I removed the headset from the USB port it was plugged in to (I used a USB 2.0 port that's in my PC case for 2 years and I had no trouble with the headset) and I plugged it into a USB 3.0 port on my motherboard. I exited iCUE and restarted the software. No change. I can hear the three beeps in the headset but I don't hear the voice saying "Mic on". And as usual I get no audio from anything. I restarted my PC and I got the same result. Seems like I'll have to remove the device via the settings every time I start my PC now, and reconnect the headset since that's the only thing that makes the headset work.

Edited by Church002

• 3 weeks later...
I was having problems as well. I first connected the headset without software and heard audio just fine. I installed cue and rebooted and no joy. I attempted many things and finally did something simple. I right clicked on the little speaker in the lower right corner and clicked on sounds settings. I chose void headset for both output and input. Of course it didn't work so I clicked in troubleshoot in the output section, I allowed it to make changes and boom, I have sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Well alot of time has passed. I believe windows updated in that time, and my nvidia drivers updated as well. But I cannot pinpoint which updated did what because even after those updates I was experiencing the same issue. Then finally one day, the headset started working as normal as soon as I booted up the PC and no additional steps were required.

I'm saying that now because I see iCUE wants to update again. So if I update it now and anything breaks, I'll be back.

I'm back. Which means that the latest iCUE update has broken the void headset again. Now I'm back to removing the device every time I boot up my PC, unplugging and plugging in the headset, just to get it to work.

I'll monitor it and see if it "fixes itself" like how it did in the last few days, prior to this iCUE update though I have to say, I'm getting tired of this. Reason I went with Corsair peripherals was so that I wouldn't have problems like this in the first place....

Thank You, this worked for me! :)