Corsair Community

No Keyboard Detected during boot

minh.ng1003

Hi guys,

I've just got my K70 RGB a few days ago and I cannot press 'delete' or 'F2' to get to the BIOS and the screen would briefly say 'NO KEYBOARD DETECTED' before Windows boot up. It works on they keyboard's BIOS mode when I switch it but it takes at least a minute to get to the UEFI. I'm using USB 2.0 (1 plug with the keyboard on it).

In addition, I also encounter a delay when I boot on to Windows, that I have for like 10 seconds before the keyboard would work so that I can enter my password.

Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: It turns out I didn't realise that I needed 2 USB 2.0 or 1 USB 3.0 for the keyboard to work. Was using 1 USB on 2.0 the whole time, I feel so stupid now.

Now everything works perfect! No more crashing on steam, no more "No Keyboard detected", no more slow boot.

:D:

The delay is a known issue, they are working on it.

As for the buttons not working, try putting the keyboard in BIOS mode. You can do so using the poll rate switch behind it, move it to the end all the other way and try again.

Yeah that works but it does take ages as well, I guess I gotta wait then. :/

More details on the slow boot up are in this thread if you want to have a look, along with the other 2 major issues: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=137940
Thanks buddy, glad to know that they are actively working on the issues. Hope they will be resolved soon.

Furthermore, does the delay occuring before I can enter the password in Windows related to the fact that the USB doesn't get recognized immediately by the motherboard?

Archived