Corsair Community

Scimitar Pro mouse pointer moving/not moving

KeenaraNebullo

So yesterday While playing my game I had a sudden loss of the side buttons. So when that happened I disconnected my mouse and plugged it back in and it didnt fix it. So I proceeded to Icue and saw that there was an icue software update as well as a Scimitar Pro Firmware update as well. So naturally seeing that I did them both. After all was fine for about 3 hours! Then all of a sudden my mouse would no longer move when i moved it (In-game I have a cross hair cursor for targetting and looking) so i decided lets just restart my PC make sure something didnt require a restart!

Now this is where the fun begins! I rebooted and now the mouse wont work at all! after some research I found a rollback firmware for the Scimitar Pro back to the 110 version. So i did this. pressed the tiny pin hole button down while plugging mouse back in to pc deleting said firmware.bin file adding the rollback version in and then removing/inserting the cable back into the slot. Still nothing.

Now I started going to different ports to see if that was my issue. Nothing. Then noticed my Scim was showing as just a keyboard and not a mouse in the dev's and printers tab of my control panel. Somehow I re and re'd it to the point it actually became a mouse again. Now my mouse would move. For about 5 seconds. then i noticed it jumping to the left top corner of my screen. So off to google I went followed alllll the diagnostic troubleshooting steps for that issue. NOTHING fixed it. Meanwhile another mouse I have was working absolutely fine!

So after researching and researching I read somewhere about it being the surface on which my mouse was moving across. So I tried multiple different surfaces. Another mouse pad, a laminate counter top, a piece of solid wood. a piece of OSB Board. Nothing!!! I can reconnect and it will work on any of the above noterd surfaces for anywhere between 2 seconds to 5 minutes (Only ever worked for 5 minutes once) but usually about 5 or so seconds and it would dart up to the left corner again.

More research on Google! Clean the laser. At first i tried a piece of paper towel. No change. Then a q tip no change. then a moist q tip still no change. Nothing i used to "clean" the sensor seemed to make any significant difference at all! More research!

Checked windows updates there were 3! Did those annnnd...... you guessed it no change! Checked every single driver inside Dev Manager and updated them. a few updated. STILL NO CHANGE! Tried another PC Nothing! I think by this point you get the drift. I tried everything including re and reing Icue Software!

Anyways thats the End of my rant. Any help would be appreciated. Is the mouse toast or am I missing something.

***Side Note***

All buttons on top and the 12 on the side work absolutely flawlessly. Including the lights other then the known issue of it going solid color from time to time!