Corsair Community

When to expect firmware?

Hi guys,

Don't you think we're patient enough? I'm waiting from november to receive a fix for the sleeping/hibernation issue. I understand that this takes some time, but now that competitors have already released the new Sandforce firmware for their SSD's a couple of weeks ago, when can we finally expect this to happen for our Corsair drives? It's not encouraging to consult your forum each day and see that only a workaround is proposed (which doesn't work for me at least) and a bunch of general page-filling comments in a number of threads like 'which version of firmware you're using?' I hope that the long awaited firmware update is really imminent soon!

The reason why we ask is because 2.0 fixed the problem for most of us, including myself.

Just because the competitors have released the new firmware version doesn't mean that Corsair has to, and it doesn't mean the new version is good. Corsair has tested the new firmware version and have subtly stated that it does not fix all of the issues or introduces more issues, thus, it is being further developed.

When you say that you have tried the workaround, are you referring to disabling quick boot?

The official answer:

We have been evaluating the MP4 for some time, and I am sorry to report that it has failed our qualification testing. We are working with Sandforce on the issue. And I am sorry I am not at liberty to discuss the specifics of the failures or when an ETA of the next release will be available. But we are working on it!

Archived