Corsair Community

7 LL RGB Fans, How to Connect?

santz76

Hello folks, I have a dilemma I am trying to connect lighting for all 7 LL RGB fans but to no luck. I have 1 commander pro on the pro led hub #1 I have the corsair led hub connected with all 6 fans in order and works perfectly fine, I have a second led hub controller connected to led hub #2 on the commander pro with the 7th LL RGB fan connected to the hub. no matter what i do in software or physical will the led's turn on, of course if I swap the 7th fan plug into say 6th it will work with no issues. so not sure how to get the 7th fan to work. i have searched the net trying all recommendations with no good outcome if anybody can guide me in the right direction. I would be forever grateful

at this point you need to confirm that 2nd RGB Fan LED Hub is working... check its sata connection first.. do you have another to exchange with to cancel that out.... also try hub 1 on LED channel 2.. make correct changes in icue.. they light up?

Hello thank you guys for the response yes i have tried multiple rgb hubs as i have a few, and all produce the same outcome. i also have setup the 7th ll fan in icue under 2nd led hub on commander pro and still no lights

So i flipped hub#1 into led input 2 on commander pro and all 6 fans light up, but the 7th still wont light up, I even tried plugging into led hub#2 on the Node with no luck! not sure what else to try

I can confirm that the hub works in led channel 2 with all 6 fans connected and lit up, i can connect the 7th fan into the led hub if I unplug one of the other fans and it will light up, so not the fan, i even tried plugging the second led hub with the last (7th) fan into the node with no luck. i have node plugged into the usb on the commander pro for led strips which all work fine. not sure where to go from here

• 3 months later...

I am going to take a guess and it sounds like maybe your commander pro may have an issue internally.

I understand you can get the hubs to both work if you swap them, but after reading these posts several times, it seems like fan is good, the cables are good, the hubs are good. So it’s kinda back to the commander pro.

I think, for some odd reason, once you have 2 led channels inputs in at one time, the commander pro is throwing a glitch. Wether it be in the software or hardware itself.

Try switching out commander pro. My best guess. Let us know