Corsair Community

Before I consider buying the Vengeance 2000

Johnny-2007

Hi guys,

I'm in need of a new virtual surround sound wireless headset and have been looking at the 2000's, however I'm rather disappointed with Corsairs choice in dumbing down the driver on the 2000 and the fact they have marketed their headset as 7.1 when in fact, the headset does not simulate positional/directional audio well at all.

Furthermore, few games and video players recognize it as anything but stereo headset. AFAIK.

Corsair have stated they will be updating their driver and that was due for release last month.

Sources: Here & Here

Then you have this issue of the headset cracking.

Corsair can you tell me if;

1. You have infact released this updated driver and that infact your headset now properly simulates 7.1 channel audio. eg possitional audio.
  2. That Corsair has corrected the design flaw that caused the cracking in the headset

If anyone else can point out any other wide spread issues that I have missed, please let me know.

Corsair, I do hope that you have corrected these issues and I can make my next headset the Corsair Vengeance 2000. It will sit very nicely along side the Carbide 500 & the M&K90's

1. The Dolby drivers have not yet been released, it should come out some time this month. A release date is unknown, but it should be sometime soon due to their statement saying that it should be released 'near the end of February'.

2. There seems to be a limited edition "batch" of headsets that have improvements in structure/plastic that Corsair is sending out if you are have had previous cracking issues. As far as I know, the ones that you buy off the shelf or online are the same ones that people seem to be complaining about.

Here's a thread of notable annoyances, though overall it's a good headset.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=619938#post619938

It's a decent headset, especially considering I bought them for $88 on sale with only $4.99 shipping and sold a pair of HS1 for $40. In reality I paid $48 for this headset. That said, if you're paying the listed retail price I would look elsewhere. The drivers are extremely limited, the sound isn't that impressive for $150. The battery dies withing 5-6 hours, not 10 hours like they advertise and there's no 7.1 to be heard. No software recognizes this headset as 5.1 or 7.1

Weirdly enough the 1500s don't have the crack issue. both seems to have the same design.

and it seems that logitech g930 also has this crack problem. Why must all wireless headsets in the world have this cracking disease? It's giving me a headache and I get the feeling that it'll also crack soon enough >_<

Thanks guys for your replies.

I would have hoped an employee would have responded but not yet. I need a new headset so can anyone recommend something ?

The 1500's would be ok but are not wireless

Rule number 9 of the Corsair forums :

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77167

NO DISCUSSION OF COMPETITORS:

This forum is here for the express purpose of supporting current and future users of Corsair Memory. Please do not discuss competing products or their suppliers by name on this forum, either in a positive light or a negative one. Such posts or threads will be edited or deleted at our discretion. Please contact the makers of that product for help. As stated above, their names are filtered out from public view.

As a wireless headset, the only answer we can give you is the Corsair Vengeance 2000.

2. There seems to be a limited edition "batch" of headsets that have improvements in structure/plastic that Corsair is sending out if you are have had previous cracking issues. As far as I know, the ones that you buy off the shelf or online are the same ones that people seem to be complaining about.

Where was this?

• Corsair Employee

There is no "special batch." It was that starting from a specific point and onwards, we implemented additional steps to test the headset to catch those units that may be cracking and ensure they don't ship out. There is no special reinforcement or new joint created despite claims to the contrary.

TL;DR: Its improved Quality Control, not a revision of design.

There is no "special batch." It was that starting from a specific point and onwards, we implemented additional steps to test the headset to catch those units that may be cracking and ensure they don't ship out. There is no special reinforcement or new joint created despite claims to the contrary.

TL;DR: Its improved Quality Control, not a revision of design.

Glad to know that you guys are doing something about it. No really. There's too many companies that continue to sell defective products after they've been reported by numerous customers. Quality is word that a lot of companies don't seem to understand anymore.

• Corsair Employee
Glad to know that you guys are doing something about it. No really. There's too many companies that continue to sell defective products after they've been reported by numerous customers. Quality is word that a lot of companies don't seem to understand anymore.

I disagree Hawkeye to an extent. The reason why small companies may seem to have better products than large companies isn't because of a lack of quality. Its usually visibility.

Lets take for example I make 100 pies. If 1 pie out of 100 pies is bad (1%), I'm only dealing with 1 complaint which isn't very visible publicly and I can easily fix it by making another pie.

Now what if I made 10,000 pies and 100 pies are bad? That's still 1% but now the 100 complaints I get are going to be much more visible simply due to the quantity of complaints and when 100 headsets are replaced, that number will look bigger than what it is in the overall picture.

A good example of this is ASUS. They control more than 50% of the market but if you ever go by the RMA horror stories and returns, they may seem like the worst company in the world, which is quite the contrary to the quality you see in their ROG line (for example). Their RMA process is also created in such a way where they won't be able to please 100% of their customers, or even 95%, but it has to be done that way because of the volume they must process.

Good point. You'd think that larger companies would scale their customer service support and Warranty departments along with the size of their business though. It also depends on the quality of customer service you receive when something goes awry.

Many companies will go out of their way to make sure your experience with replacing the product is way beyond expectations, even if they're a large company. Then you have companies like Sears, who have been on a free fall with customer satisfaction for awhile now, mainly due to how they handle customer issues and complaints. Sure, you can still get a good experience out of them and many companies just like them. A number of companies put more of an effort into making their customers happy when all is said and done, and just how loyal their customers are shows.

Like I said before, I appreciate that you and Technobeard are here to help, and that you actually answer questions with human responses and try to get RMA issues worked out for us. You don't just give us some PR script.

Although I haven't had a great experience with my V2000's cracking and the lack of correctly emulated 7.1 due to Xear, or the Link software, I'm still willing to buy from Corsair (eyeing the 800D right now) since I know if I have a problem, I can come here and someone will help me or point me in the right direction.

TL;DR: You're right. But accessibility to the Warranty department needs to scale with the amount of business the company does. A bad experience made right is better than a plain ol' good experience is some cases. The more effort put forward to fix the mistake, the more content that customer will be in the end, knowing the company cares about their experience.

• Corsair Employee
Good point. You'd think that larger companies would scale their customer service support and Warranty departments along with the size of their business though. It also depends on the quality of customer service you receive when something goes awry.

Many companies will go out of their way to make sure your experience with replacing the product is way beyond expectations, even if they're a large company. Then you have companies like Sears, who have been on a free fall with customer satisfaction for awhile now, mainly due to how they handle customer issues and complaints. Sure, you can still get a good experience out of them and many companies just like them. A number of companies put more of an effort into making their customers happy when all is said and done, and just how loyal their customers are shows.

Like I said before, I appreciate that you and Technobeard are here to help, and that you actually answer questions with human responses and try to get RMA issues worked out for us. You don't just give us some PR script.

Although I haven't had a great experience with my V2000's cracking and the lack of correctly emulated 7.1 due to Xear, or the Link software, I'm still willing to buy from Corsair (eyeing the 800D right now) since I know if I have a problem, I can come here and someone will help me or point me in the right direction.

TL;DR: You're right. But accessibility to the Warranty department needs to scale with the amount of business the company does. A bad experience made right is better than a plain ol' good experience is some cases. The more effort put forward to fix the mistake, the more content that customer will be in the end, knowing the company cares about their experience.

I completely agree. There is always room to improve.

Archived