Corsair Community

H100i V2 fan speed puzzling

masbirdies

I've been though a ton of threads here (and around the web) but I still can't fix a problem I'm having.

I have a H100i V2. I have the power connected to the CPU Fan header, the header is set at full speed with not fan control.

My challenge is that I can't get the fan speed to change within Icue. Whether Quiet, Extreme, or Custom Curve, the fan speed stays around 1440-1500. Idle temp is running at 27.5C

I can get the pump speed to change when choosing Quiet (1950) or Extreme (2950). I think the fans are SP120s.

I'm trying to get the fans running at 1000-1100 range. 1500 is a bit noisy for me.

All help appreciated! Thanks!

These are the SP120L "grey" fans that came with the cooler? Or a different SP fan you added? There are at least 12 different SP fans, some of which have 3 pin DC motors that would not allow control on the PWM controller. The fans that ship with the cooler are 4 pin PWM.

The three presets (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) are specific pre-defined data points and the curves may overlap at points. They don't work like a fixed Low, Medium, High switch. Try making a custom curve (Performance Tab +). The three presets are saved in the top right corner of the graph, so even if you are fine with the presets, at least now you can see the data points. However, specific to this problem, try using the Fixed RPM or Fixed % setting to force specific fan speed changes so you can test response.

The ones that came with the pump. There are the SP120RGB. I do have a custom profile set for the fans. Using Fixed %, I raise the bar to 100% across the board and nothing happens. Also, there is no effect on Custom Curve when raising the low limit to 100%. The Sensor chosen is H100i V2 temp.

So, if the SP120s have 3 pins, they are DC vs. PWM, correct? The literature I have says they are PWM fans.

I don't have any other software running that would conflict here.

The ones that came with the pump. There are the SP120RGB.

We need to clean up some conflicting information. The H100i v2 did not come with RGB fans, nor did any other GT/GTX/v2 generation cooler. If the fans are RGB, they either didn't come with the cooler or you don't have a v2 series. No Corsair AIO comes with SP-RGB fans (any variation).

SP-RGB fans are a retail product or were included on some cases. They are 3 pin DC and will always run at 100% when presented with a 12v PWM signal. Those will never respond on the AIO controller. You would need to move them to the motherboard or another DC capable fan controller.

We need to clean up some conflicting information. The H100i v2 did not come with RGB fans, nor did any other GT/GTX/v2 generation cooler. If the fans are RGB, they either didn't come with the cooler or you don't have a v2 series. No Corsair AIO comes with SP-RGB fans (any variation).

SP-RGB fans are a retail product or were included on some cases. They are 3 pin DC and will always run at 100% when presented with a 12v PWM signal. Those will never respond on the AIO controller. You would need to move them to the motherboard or another DC capable fan controller.

OK, this finally makes sense! Thinking back....I think the SP120s came with the 570X Crystal Series case I bought at the same time.

The answer above is what I was looking for. I'm going to try moving each fan to a MB header and control them that way. They are too noisy when attached to the pump.