Corsair Community

T1 Race Chair Gas lift to small for Chair base

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

My chair is exactly the same. I bought it in may via currys.co.uk.

I’ve put in a ticket in hopes to get this sorted, as I’m 6ft 4 it seems like I’m sat in a child’s seat. It is far too low for my desk and there is definitely something wrong with either the gas lift or base, it shouldn’t be scraping along the floor as I move.

• 2 weeks later...

Same Problem here. Gas lift touching the ground, too low, making the back pain and legs numb. I bought this for easing my back pain and trusted corsair's quality, but turn out after sitting a year it further ruinning my back.

I bought it from retailer in Hong Kong. They said this is the product's design problem they have no method.

Hi Corsair, what can I do? Is the official support covers oversea customers? I can submit a ticket?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi. I'm having this problem also. And need some advice please. I've only had this chair for 1 week now. And having the same problem with the piston slipped all the way down. I have laminate floor so its about 1 inch from the floor. The maximum height is 490mm. Should I bother putting a support ticket in. If the tube will be the exact same as my current one?

20210102_122154.thumb.jpg.919b8bb6243db958a962939210e7ed80.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone,

I;ve just purchased this chair and not so sure whether I should cancel it. Its arriving on Friday. My current Ikea chair is approx 53cm at optimum height for me. I tried the chair in store and it was extremely low but the site says 52cm high so I assumed they store may have set it up incorrectly. I then came across this thread and did some research. Now i've found these parts on amazon :-

Base

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mastery-Mart-Office-Replacement-Diameter/dp/B07ZY36NJ1?ref_=ast_sto_dp

11" Gas Lift

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004NLVTES/ref=crt_ewc_title_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3PRCVGKEHLH2X

I'm thinking of ordering these and just setting the chair up with these as I've seen dismantling them isn't an easy process.

Would this resolve the height issues?

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Chile, I bought the Cosair T1 chair in SPDigital, before buying it I saw several reviews about it, but in none of them do they mention the problem of the gas cylinder and how attached to the floor that remains, in my case they are like 1.5cm.

Is there anything I can do to add more cylinder ground clearance?

Same problem here. Buy the chair in March 2020. I decided to open a call when it started to damage my floor.

They replied promptly and the new piece arrived today, however, to remove the piece from the seat was very difficult needing a lot of strength and help from a pipe wrench.

During the hours that I am using the chair it has already lowered a few millimeters. Very disappointed with Corsair.

Hey guys.

Returning here to show that after 4 months that Corsair Brasil sent me the gas piston the problem continues. Very, very upset with Corsair.

20210216_113225.thumb.jpg.2e99b80f4ef291874ae555c4fb9437b9.jpg

Edited by tiago.s

• 2 weeks later...
Hey tiago.s, could you PM me your ticket number? I can try asking our US support to see if they can take a look and try to help.

Hello.

My ticket number is 42790.

The attendant responded to the ticket with a standard response, stating that I must send the product for analysis.

See, it is not my intention to return the product and get the money spent back, I really like my chair and in addition our currency has devalued a lot, to have an idea, this same chair a year after the purchase costs almost double the price I paid. I would like the company to resolve the compatibility issue between the cylinder and the base of the chair. Or in the last case, send me a new cylinder, I do it as a colleague here on the forum, who used a roll of toilet paper (Tsc, tsc, tsc).

The next day I asked about the details on how to proceed with the shipment, since I no longer have the box for packing and the disassembly of the chair parts may result in damage to the cylinder, as occurred when I removed the cylinder the first time. However, I haven't gotten any answers since February 17th.

Thank you for your support and apologies for any language errors.

Hi, Just joined to say that i received this chair today and it has the same issue.(UK)

I've raised a ticket via the link above to request as replacement base/piston as others have. fingers crossed this is sorted fairly quickly.

Excitement for my new chair to arrive quickly turned to disappointment once i assembled and sat on it only to find it's maximum height is still quite low due to the issue with the piston poking through the base too much.

• 1 month later...

Got to say barely had this chair a year, June 2020 I bought it, and after first having the problem like many in this forum with it being way way too low compared to the advertising, I was sent another gas lift cylinder thing, this gas lift made the chair higher, still fairly short but much better than what comes with the chair, and after all the complaints, HOW ON GODS EARTH are Corsair still shipping out the same damned cylinder, do you guys even act on customer feedback??? Because according to the user above, Bowzer, bought literally this month he received it with the shoddy short gas lift, what the hell Corsair!

Anyway, just short of a year, this gas lift has already broke, If I make it full height as soon as i sit on it, it will keep going down an inch or so every 2-4 seconds till i'm basically sat on the floor!!! I've just had nothing but negative experiences with this chair, and so disapointed I spent the premium on it.

I have the same problem, contacted Corsair support and they are going to send me a new gas lift cylinder.

The question is: How i'm going to remove the old cylinder from my chair? I sprayed it some WD40 and hit it wit a hammer and it doesnt move at all!

I have the same problem, contacted Corsair support and they are going to send me a new gas lift cylinder.

The question is: How i'm going to remove the old cylinder from my chair? I sprayed it some WD40 and hit it wit a hammer and it doesnt move at all!

Good luck with that, I've already had TWO REPLACEMENTS!!! first one to replace the stupidly low one, the second to replace the new one arriving broke, and now a third time as this one no longer holds any weight, and trying to get them out involves alot of beating, be prepared to damage, scratch, dent your chair, no other way to remove it without.

I asked if they can send me the whole base and they can only send me one part (the cylinder). Is there any way to make an exception and send me the 3 parts? I don't have the tools to make them out. My ticket number is 2004186191

Thank you