Corsair Community

Warranty and RMA for Argentina.

Hi everyone, I'm currently building a new system to replace my current build. I'm no stranger to Corsair products, I use them now and I've used them in the past to great performance and satisfaction, but I've never gone through any RMA processes and I'm worried about the whole thing. So, I have two questions:

1) Do Corsair warranties protect me as a buyer (being myself from outside of the US)?

2) Can I opt for a full refund instead of a replacement? | Provided that I follow Corsair RMA indications to the letter, return the malfunctioning item, an investigation is carried out and the product is found to be faulty.

I'm not trying to pull a scam here by later claiming that my H100i pump exploded, wreaking havoc while destroying my whole system, but I guess that's something they'll discern during the process of replacement/refund.

The reason I'd like to know if a full refund is an option (in case of failure), is not because I wouldn't want to buy a Corsair product ever again (**** happens), but the nature of customs here in Argentina is difficult with heavily-imposed import-substitution policy systems that some times require ridiculously excessive amounts of paperwork clearance. This wouldn't be much of a problem if I lived in a big city, but I'm actually from a small town in the province of Córdoba, Argentina making it difficult to adhere to the bureaucratic process imposed by this kind of legal procedures.

Anyway, know that whatever the answer is, I don't believe it will change any component in my build nor change the way I view Corsair as company. I just would like to know, beforehand, if I should even try to RMA a faulty product.

Current Build ;):

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB @ 1600MHz (4x8GB)

MOBO: ASUSTeK P8Z68-V PRO (LGA1155)

COOLING: Intel default CPU Cooler

FANS: Case-included fans

GPU: GeForce GTX 580 3GB (x2)

SSD: Corsair Force GS ATA Device SSD 240GB

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm (x2)

CASE: Cooler Master 690 II Advanced

PSU: Cooler Master 1000W (non-modular)

It's a great PC and has served me well for the past few years, but I believe it's time for a more power-efficient, small and elegant mATX build with a single GPU.

Next Build :o:

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.40 GHz

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x8GB (32GB) @ 2400MHz

MOBO: ASUS Maximus VII Gene (LGA1150)

GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 980

SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 256GB (x2)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm (x2) | from current build

CASE: Corsair Obsidian 350D (Windowed)

COOLING: Corsair Hydro H100i

FANS1: Corsair SP Performance Coolers (x4)

FANS2: Corsair AF Quiet (x2)

PSU: Corsair AX860i

SPEAKERS: Creative T40 Series II

This is my next build and I'm very excited about it. I hope you like it.

Thanks.

• Administrators

1) The warranty is worldwide. NOTE: The closest RMA depot is in the USA.

2) We can only approve replacing an item with the same part number. We include paperwork that notifies customs that it's a replacement part so I don't think there should be anything for you to do on your end.

Thank you very much for the reply, but since I started the thread I went through the official warranty FAQ again and I'm afraid that despite what I previously thought, I'll have to change an aspect of my build. That's to abandon the H100i since I've no reliable way of making a purchase from an official reseller, even though there seems to be two(2) here in my country. After reading a post back from 2007 (http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=62853) about some RAM that got retained over 2 months at our customs I'll have to desist, especially because, since then, things have only gotten worse. Anyway, I'll have to find a classic air cooling solution since I've to rely on the alleged 6 months warranties offered by unofficial resellers.

This thread can be closed now since there's no point for it. Thanks.

Archived