Corsair Community

BSOD with H2100 Driver

Malycious

Crash Dump Analysis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Thu 12/11/2014 1:11:50 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: corsveng2kamd64.sys (corsveng2kamd64+0x2F25)

Bugcheck code: 0xD5 (0xFFFFCF80BF8C8930, 0x1, 0xFFFFF800DDD2BF25, 0x0)

Error: DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\corsveng2kamd64.sys

product: Corsair Vengeance Headset

company: Corsair Components, Inc.

description: Corsair Vengeance Headset Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that a driver has referenced memory which was earlier freed.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: corsveng2kamd64.sys (Corsair Vengeance Headset Driver, Corsair Components, Inc.).

Google query: Corsair Components, Inc. DRIVER_PAGE_FAULT_IN_FREED_SPECIAL_POOL

I removed driver and reinstalled. I had been using the headset for approximately 1 month without any issues. Now after the reinstall I have a crackling and cutting out on all sound.. i tried all my USB ports and its always the same.. the sound cuts out at random intervals.

if anyone has information regarding this it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

Resolved. I randomly got a bluescreen as well from my razer overlay support and i removed the driver for that after the reboot. I am assuming the forced reboot resolved the issue. Will follow up if it did not resolve it but so far everthing is working excellent and no cutting out of music

Archived