Corsair Community

[help] Is there a way to get the hardware profile to animate?

Semperverus

For whatever reason, the hardware profile on my K70 RGB, which I've set to the megarainbow theme, does not animate unless the software is running. It was my understanding that the keyboard had what is basically a billboard driver to animate the keys, so it would be safe to assume that the hardware could iterate over a profile in order to execute it properly on its own.

Does the hardware profile simply store three arrays that are 112 slots big, one red, one green, one blue? How much EEPROM does this thing have?

Hopefully someone can help me figure this out. I'd love to be able to have the keyboard animate regardless of which OS I am using.

You have to running the corsair software in the back ground. With out it s the keyboard will just freeze. And i'm sure Corsair will bring their software to other software soon.

And think about it around 16 million possible colors for 100+ keys and with the megarainbow profile needing to change each keys color about 50 times a second i don't think any hardware that can be shoved into a keyboard can keep up.

Archived