Corsair Community

Corsair iCUE PSU Custom Curve

jakegwilliam

This is just a suggestion I'd hope they could integrate into the software. Currently my AX860i PSU is set to the default setting, It pulses up to speed for a brief second and then shuts off when under load. I did have a dabble at setting up a custom profile but it only seems to go off of temperature.

My suggestion would be to go off of power supply load. If this is possible it would enable me to set the fan to kick it when it's drawing around 200 watts of power and keep the fan on whilst gaming or under a load. Currently mine only draws around 80-100 watts at idle so a custom curve would allow me to keep the fan off at idle and then stay on at a steady pace under load.

Currently the only way to setup your own curve is via temperature, and as the fan would be cooling the PSU it will eventually get to a certain stage where the fan will kick in, cool off for a few moments, power down, heat up, repeat. I've also noticed that the lowest possible curve I can have is 40%, not 0%. Even if I wanted to setup a curve using the temperature the fan is going to be running constantly.

Hopefully Corsair tweak the software and can implement something along those lines.

Archived