Corsair Community

Dust Filters for 760T

TomGu

I am planning a system around the 760T using an H110i GT mounted in the top of the case with the fans below the rad for CPU cooling and would also like to add a 120mm intake fan in the bottom of the case after removing the centermost hard drive cage. It would be nice to have dust filters on the outside of the case above the radiator and below the extra bottom fan but I do not see the option to purchase dust filters for these areas on Corsair's site. I did find a dust filter (for the top of the case) at http://www.demcifilter.com/p0515/Corsair-760T-Top-Dust-Filter.aspx. Has anyone had experience with the Decmiflex filters or know another / better solution to filtering the dust entering the top and bottom of the case?

I tried that but the manufacturer is in South Africa and they site said 1 - 90 days shipping time. However, Performance-pcs.com appears to be an authorized distributor and has the 760T set in stock.

I tried that but the manufacturer is in South Africa and they site said 1 - 90 days shipping time. However, Performance-pcs.com appears to be an authorized distributor and has the 760T set in stock.

Sent a email to demcifilter and ask her for a ETA. I've always found her to be very helpful. You also can get virtually any or shape filter from them.

Snapper69 - Rear fan is the exhaust. Rad fans in top, front fans, and bottom fan bringing cool air in will hopefully create a positive pressure situation to keep things cool.

Deees - Got it, thanks.

Have you considered using the H100i as an exhaust? Your CPU may run 1 or 2 degrees warmer but the rest of your system will run cooler. You will not then need a filter for the top. There has been much discussion on here about this, but the general concensus seems to be that using it as an exhaust is better.

Yes sir. Had decided to abandon the 760T and go with the Phanteks Enthoo Pro which includes dust filters but have now decided to stay with the 760T and either live with the dust drawn in by the H100i GT fans or follow your suggestion and solve the problem by using the H110i GT fans as exhaust. On a separate but related issue, storage will be an SSD for the system and a mechanical HDD for data. I would like to remove both HDD cages to allow unrestricted air flow from the front two case fans over the two 960 GT's but need a place to mount the HDD. Considered modding the bottom slot in the optical drive bay to mount the HDD rather than having a HDD cage for just one drive. Any suggestions for mounting the HDD without the HDD cages? Thank you.

I have the DEMCiflex dust filter set for my 760T, and it's lovely. I have it covering the top, despite the fact that I have two fans up there exhausting air, as it just seemed quite open without the top cover on.

As for mounting a HDD in the 5.25" bay, this is what I did:

http://azhostin.com/trooper/az_trooper_083.jpg

http://azhostin.com/trooper/az_trooper_084.jpg

It's a Sythe ITA Kaze fan/heatsink combo that screws onto the bottom of the HDD. I then flipped it upside down and mounted it using Scythe's anti-vibration HDD mounting kit. Works a charm. :)

Scythe cautions that the SCY-HDS2 Hard Disk Stabilizer 2 is not compatible with screw-less mounting mechanisms but it sure looks like there are some holes in front and in back of the 760T's 5.25 cage mount latches that could be used for mounting the SCY-HDS2 Hard Disk Stabilizer 2 if the latche was removed. Anyone tried this?

Thanks for the info on popping out the 5.25" cage latches. I am now noticing the 780T which has the same MSRP as the 760T but includes larger fans, an adjustable rear fan slot, and dust filters on the top and bottom. Looks like the 780T would take up a little more desk space than the 760T as it is about 3" deeper, 1.5" wider, and 1.5" higher, but that seems to be a small trade-off for having larger fans and having the dust filters included rather than buying them aftermarket. Comments on the 780T?

The 780T is a great case, I bought one myself a couple of weeks ago purely because it's easy to have a great positive pressure setup. If you take the 2x 140mm fans out & hang one of the drive cages from the optical bays at the top you can have 3x 120mm fans in the front & 2x 120mm fans in the bottom as intakes, exhaust through the top rad & a 140mm fan at the back exhausting.

The filters still aren't so fine as to catch all the dust, but Silverstone make great 120mm fine filters that just screw in.

The only problem is, if you're going to have 3x 120mm at the front you have to remove all the drive cages as you have to mount the fans from the inside of the case. I'd recommend some of the rubber mounts from the likes of Akasa. The fan mount placings are very tight indeed & it's a bit of a struggle getting the 3 fans in but I managed it. The bottom of the front case filter will also interfere with the bottom aftermarket filter (if you fit one), so I had to cut mine down with scissors. Even then, it's a bit of a puzzle getting the case filter on & off, but I've not broken mine yet.

I'll post some pics later at the weekend to show what I mean if you like.

I should point out, the case is sat on the edge of a desk above 2 cat litter trays which give off very fine dust. It looks like I've been snorting coke all night usually, but in a normal room the standard filters might be fine.

Thank you Smiffo. Concerning exhaust through the top radiator, did you configure the fans in push or pull? I've seen some videos claiming no temp difference between push and pull for the radiator fans but also claiming it is much easier to remove the accumulated dust from the radiator if the fans are in a pull configuration. Your experience?

I used to run an H100i with 2 Noctua fans on the top of the rad as an exhaust, the temps were only 1 or 2 degrees different from when I tried the underneath the rad pushing air through. It does make it easier to clean the rad though. If you have positive pressure, and decent filters, you shouldnt get too much dust anyway.

I bought the T730 because it was cheaper and it didn't have a side window. It doesn't have a fan controller either.

Thank you Smiffo. Concerning exhaust through the top radiator, did you configure the fans in push or pull? I've seen some videos claiming no temp difference between push and pull for the radiator fans but also claiming it is much easier to remove the accumulated dust from the radiator if the fans are in a pull configuration. Your experience?

I've got the rad set up as push/pull exhaust, mainly just because I can rather than anything. It does seem a few degrees cooler than the H100i in the 600T in pull, but it's also a larger radiator. As for cleaning it out, I just had a peek at the rad in the 600T & after a year it's virtually dust free. As Snapper points out, if you have a positive pressure setup with good filtration you get very little dust anyway.

Archived