Corsair Community

K70 RGB Freezing Issues

Schwitz

So I've had my K70 RGB for a fortnight now, I figured it might just be a firmware issue but after updating its still happening.

The Issue

So after about a day or so of regular use (sometimes less) the lighting will all stop moving, this includes the Caps, Scroll and Num lock indicators. I can't switch profiles and in the settings on CUE status is labeled as Malfunction.

Edit 1: Also, my media keys don't work.

To revert this I either have to unplug the keyboard and/or restart the software. (95% of the time I'll have to unplug it regardless).

I've seen lots of other threads about the K65/K95 but none about the K70 doing this, am I the only one experiencing this?

For reference, I've got the keyboard-labeled USB in a USB 3.0 port and the other one hanging.

CUE Software: 1.1.48

Firmware Version: 1.12

Bootloader Version: 0.09

Hope there's a fix for this, cause I love this keyboard.

Having the same issue with a k65, I really hope it is a firmware issue. I typed for a day without reactive typing and everything was working fine. I go back to my ripple effect and the problems came back.

I also have to restart the software and reconnect the keyboard to reset everything in order to get it working. It causes a decent amount of O.S. hang as cue reboots and sets the profile up for the keyboard. So its any animation type deal that is triggering this problem from my tinkering around with it. Hopefully it is fixed via software. For it to cause the OS to hang on my computer(specs are way above average), lets just say some serious performance improvements need to take place OR they need to figure out what common programs are conflicting with their own and fix it.

They expected to be a gaming brand and want people to play games with this cruddy software running? The keyboards a good build quality and are gorgeous but this software is terrible.

I also wish reactive typing effects could be saved to the keyboards memory in addition to the other stuff, that way people that have software issues could just go in set it the way they like it then not have to be running the software the rest of them time.

I know i can do that now for regular lighting, but am missing out on a key feature of the lighting by doing so

I'm not sure if it's an isolated incident, but I noticed my keyboard freeze as I plugged in my Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless Headset, could this be a compatibility issue between CUE and other Corsair drivers?

Note; they were already switched on, I just plugged in the charger.

Corsair Pls.

Archived