Corsair Community

Trying to get h100i working with link broke it..

sausje

Well like the title says.

After having the h100i for almost a year now, i gave another shot trying to get it to work with the link software so i could finally set my RPM better.

Now after doing the register changes in windows 8.1, i rebooted and the software suddenly detected it, asking me to update the firmware (from 1.0.5 -> 1.0.7), after that, i rebooted again and suddenly it was showing "unknown device" in device manager.

After a couple of more reboots, that suddenly disappeared, the LED turned red (from being white before) and fans at 100% nonstop.

So I can only guess that the firmware update, ****ed things up even more?!

Guess my only option is to RMA it now?! If so, i'll just demand another brand, seeing how many issues there still are to this date with these products.

Yes, you need to RMA it, log the request via https://corsair.secure.force.com/ or Skype +18882224346. When CL Bricked my H80 I gave them a hard time and they paid the return postage. Good Luck.

Make sure you get a H100i. The H80iGT, H100iGTX and H110iGTX seem to have even more issues.

Oh great.. I just tried to do the trick with another USB cable to a normal type A connector, but no luck either.

Well I'm in Europe, so I guess I'll have to do it via the reseller and not via Corsair directly right? Meaning I'm stuck without CPU fan for god knows how long... :mad:

I'm just going to demand another brand, seeing how many issues this one keeps having, I'll just keep linking to this forum and all the issues surrounding this and let my reseller fight it out with Corsair about their lost profit.

Well I'm in Europe, so I guess I'll have to do it via the reseller and not via Corsair directly right? Meaning I'm stuck without CPU fan for god knows how long... :mad:

No. You could do an Express RMA so you get the new cooler and then send off the bricked one. Where in Europe? There is centres in England and I think Holland. Corsair are far better at doing RMAs when writing software :roll:

No. You could do an Express RMA so you get the new cooler and then send off the bricked one. Where in Europe? There is centres in England and I think Holland. Corsair are far better at doing RMAs when writing software :roll:

I found that CL is not reliable, does not report all my hardware and uses far too many system resources, so I stopped using it and developed my own CL control software.

I'm actually from the Netherlands, so Corsair sends a replacement first and then I can send the faulty one back? That would save me so much hassle.

Though idk if that solves my issue with not getting the link to work so I can setup my RPM's.. That's why I was thinking that it might be better for me to get it replaced by another brand product around the same price, as the issue could just repeat itself again with the replacement model.

I'm in the UK and when I contacted Corsair for an Express RMA they said that they don't do it for the UK but whether that was just the UK or Europe in general, I can't remember. I had 3 H100i's bricked by Link doing a Firmware update (I'm a slow learner) The first one, I hadn't a clue what happened, the second one I wasn't sure, but the third one convinced me.

I skyped their Customer Service number and was told that they couldn't do an Express RMA for me as I live in the UK. I was more than a little peeved, even though it was only a link mini, as it meant that I had to rewire my case fans to my motherboard with extensions and then rewire them back, when the new one arrived.

• Administrators
I skyped their Customer Service number and was told that they couldn't do an Express RMA for me as I live in the UK. I was more than a little peeved, even though it was only a link mini, as it meant that I had to rewire my case fans to my motherboard with extensions and then rewire them back, when the new one arrived.
We definitely do express RMAs for UK customers. PM me the ticket number and I'll look into it next week.

• 1 year later...

An update on this, I've send the H100i back to Azerty. They send it back to Corsair and after 5(!!!) weeks, they've come to the conclusion that they can't fix the product...(?)

So they can't reset the firmware and update it? Because that was the issue with it... Seems rather unlikely that they can't but ok..

So I got offered the H110 in return (the normal, not the i). But I'll be refusing that, I'll rather pick a refund of my product then.

Archived