Corsair Community

iCUE v3.27.68 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Here are the official patch notes for iCUE v3.27.68:

iCUE v3.27.68 Patch Notes::

• iCUE now supports fan rotation and fan reordering for all Commander PRO and Lighting Node type of devices. Users can rotate clockwise or counter-clockwise their fans and change the RGB hub order for each fan.

To do this correctly, in lighting setup, match the fans in the user interface to match what is physically shown on your fan. Each fan has a LED color coded that lights up physically to serve as an indicator. This color reflects the order the fan is in and the current orientation.

Example:

If your first fan lights up here during lighting setup:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=37688&stc=1&d=1585036228

Then click on the rotation arrows and match the fan in the software interface to that specific fan:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=37689&stc=1&d=1585036228

This will notify the software to adjust for the mounting you did with the fan.

• Hardware Playback for Keyboards and Mice have been dramatically overhauled in order to simplify the process. Hardware Profiles have been removed from iCUE. Instead, all peripherals that support onboard profiles will now list three different tabs:

attachment.php?attachmentid=37690&stc=1&d=1585036282

a.) Hardware Actions (will be renamed Onboard Actions in v3.28)
    b.) Hardware Lighting (will be renamed Onboard Lighting in v3.28)
    c.) Onboard Profiles

You will now be able to select what Actions and Lighting will work when you quit iCUE after you save the profile to the device. When saving the profile, please note that only Hardware Actions and Hardware Lighting layers will be saved to the device. Profiles on the device will automatically be uploaded to iCUE when the device is connected (if profiles are missing from the list).

• Limited Software Mode is now supported on PRO XT Hydro Coolers. This option can be found in Settings. When Limited Software Mode is enabled, iCUE stops real time control of the device and all features that are modifiable will only consist of what the hardware can support (i.e., Hardware Lighting only, sensor defaults to Coolant only, etc.). The purpose of this feature is to address the need of users who want their cooler to operate in standalone mode with limited software interaction.

• Implemented a new feature where users will be notified through Windows Notifications that a new major firmware update is available for your device.

• Resolved an issue with iCUE not installing on macOS 10.13 (High Sierra). Please note that we will only continue to support 10.13 until 10.16 is released.

• Resolved an issue with Play On Pressed Key for Custom Lighting Effects on Keyboards and Mice.

• Resolved an issue with iCUE not starting up properly after the option is enabled.

• Resolved an issue between Virtuoso/SE headsets and Lighting Link Type Lighting effect.

• Improved the battery icon for wireless devices in Windows 10 with Light Mode.

• Resolved an issue with K95 XT Keyboards and profile switch not working properly on press.

• Resolved a rare issue with profiles disappearing in iCUE.

• CPUID SDK has been updated to include new hardware information.

• Resolved an issue with DIMM Setup not being saved properly in iCUE.

• Resolved an issue with iCUE crashing when system resumes itself from Sleep Mode.

• Resolved other various bugs and issues.

849732061_Image1.png.9182b5a49b93012ee96f23a3227b5257.png

1813979183_Image2.png.6108b3a2830e285692f7812244d1e5ed.png

1567411563_Image3.png.e3b52905eed858e8585476ad18df00fd.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This update has caused the DPI Up, DPI Down, Sniper, Forward, and Back buttons on my Dark Core RGB to stop working. Remapped or in default functions.

Edit: When iCUE is closed and mouse is using onboard memory, it works.

Edited by DevBLaud

Are the system stats and temps supposed to be removed? they are gone after upgrading from 3.25.60 to 3.27.68

I have heard that the system monitoring service caused problems on ryzen but it seems bit extreme to completely remove them with no option to keep them enabled.

Now my Asus motherboard integration doesnt work. I had the old plugin, worked fine before update. My Void Pro Wireless does still sync, and I can see the motherboard in icue just nothing im selecting works

Edit in case others have similar issues. I had to go into the bios and turn Aura on. For some reason it was off. Now its working fine once more.

Edited by Audiacious

Let me follow up on the system info. It shouldn’t have been removed.

Edit: Please include screenshots - I don't have any issues on my motherboard.

I have attached the screenshot showing there is no hardware temps or monitoring in dashboard anymore even though there used to be for motherboard, CPU, GPU and HDD

Untitled.thumb.png.f3c2cf207e07b0970060eee51ef353ea.png

• Confused 1

I tried everything to get System Info section to show up after install new version. I even try to fully uninstall, remove all trace of registry and reinstall. Nothing works to get System info to show up.

I have several computer at home. I don;t think its a consistence problem.

My son's computer also have Asus Maximux XI Code. Same 8700K CPU. His install of new version went without any issue. His computer was able to get System Info. :bigeyes: Its very very weird. I had exact same Motherboard and CPU.

Missing.thumb.PNG.7277e3a619877395362a4626554f3ab4.PNG

Hardware Playback for Keyboards and Mice have been dramatically overhauled in order to simplify the process. Hardware Profiles have been removed from iCUE. Instead, all peripherals that support onboard profiles will now list three different tabs:

a.) Hardware Actions (will be renamed Onboard Actions in v3.28)

b.) Hardware Lighting (will be renamed Onboard Lighting in v3.28)

c.) Onboard Profiles

You will now be able to select what Actions and Lighting will work when you quit iCUE after you save the profile to the device. When saving the profile, please note that only Hardware Actions and Hardware Lighting layers will be saved to the device. Profiles on the device will automatically be uploaded to iCUE when the device is connected (if profiles are missing from the list).

It is probably me but to be honest i find the new naming and categories utterly confusing.

E.g. what is the difference between Actions and Hardware Actions :confused::question::thinking:

Is there a proper manual which explains everything? I can't find it and its long overdue if you ask me.

Furthermore, I used to have "profile A" active in windows. When I play a game, the "game profile" becomes active and when I quit the game or alt-tab to windows, Profile A automatically becomes active again.

With this new version of icue, after switching all keys stay unlit. Why ?

Edited by JackXL

My Vengeance RGB Pro is no longer working with this Update! A red exclamation mark is shown on the start page for the Ram, when I click on the Ram nothing happens.

Also, CPU-Z is no longer seeing the RAM at all when iCUE is running.

Another broken release it seems, sigh. :(

Just installed the new update, everything working well so far, including dashboard and Commander performance tabs. Lower intake fans display effects "anti-rotation"(because they are upside-down), lighting hub order would be nice as well. Hope the ram order and sleep stuff works, had both issues before.

iCUE displays a blank page icon in taskbar resuming from sleep, but fully functional. Also seems to have corrected the order visor was displayed on my h115i plat and memory on the return path.

Edited by Space Doctor
more info

Being able to flip the fan orientation (push or pull) would be nice too to solve this clockwise/counterclockwise rotation mismatch (or better, please make fans with two sets of blades, one for push and one for pull, so we don't have to stare at corsair stickers or motor support PCBs in pull ^^)

I tried everything to get System Info section to show up after install new version. I even try to fully uninstall, remove all trace of registry and reinstall. Nothing works to get System info to show up.

I have several computer at home. I don;t think its a consistence problem.

My son's computer also have Asus Maximux XI Code. Same 8700K CPU. His install of new version went without any issue. His computer was able to get System Info. :bigeyes: Its very very weird. I had exact same Motherboard and CPU.

After installing 3.27.68 my AMD 3970X Threadripper only shows "package #1" in the system Info pane.

The other 3 packages have disappeared.

FYI

I appear to have found a solution to the disappearing system info. You must completely remove the old version by uninstalling and then deleting the corsair folder from program files before installing 3.27. After doing that I now have system info and all stats appear to work correctly.

My Vengeance RGB Pro is no longer working with this Update! A red exclamation mark is shown on the start page for the Ram, when I click on the Ram nothing happens.

Also, CPU-Z is no longer seeing the RAM at all when iCUE is running.

Another broken release it seems, sigh. :(

I lost lighting control on my Vengeance RGB too once. But restarting iCue solved it.

Still, it never happened with any release thus far, only this one.

I uninstalled and afterwards there was no Corsair directory in program files or program files x86. Reinstalled and same problem. Only 1 package showing, but everything else seems to work.

Hoping one day, they will fix the remote desktop problem. I remote to this machine constantly from my tablet and having all the damned lights come on when I do, is a pain in the butt.