Corsair Community

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues

scapiander

So I have been having this issue ever since I installed my Commander Pro. This is NOT an x570 issue.

My specs:

Intel Core i7 7700k

Gigabyte Auros z270 Gaming 5 Mobo

Corsair RM850i PSU

Rog Strix 2060 OC

Corsair vengence DDR4 32GB (2X16) 2133Mhz

NZXT x72 Kraken

Lian-Li 011D XL case

Commander Pro with 6 LL120 fans connected to it.

I am having the same issues with everything related to iCue shutting down for 4-5 seconds every hour or so. This include my keyboard (k70), mouse (scimatar) and headphones.

Now this only started happening when I began using the commander pro. I upgraded my case to something smaller (I was using the old Cosmos II) and decided to treat myself to some RGB. Aside from the case the only new things in my PC are the copro and the fans. I have the AIO using one of the internal USB 2.0 ports, and the copro in the other, with the USB pass through on the PSU hooked up to the copro.

Now, because I use all corsair peripherals, every hour or so when playing games I lose control for 4-5 seconds. I play wow and do a lot of mythic plus. This is more than a few dead keys.

It's disappointing to see corsair apparently content to ignore this problem.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went back to the previous version of the software and have had ZERO issues since. It may not be the 'best' solution for everyone, but it is the safest one for my system.

All turn off's of pumps stopped. No residual issues except that the first two random shut off's may have potentially damaged my water cooler, as it isn't cooling the CPU as well as it was before the issues from this latest software patch.

My recommendation is to go backwards one step on the software version, until they resolve this particular issue with the current version of the software.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, I posted previously on this, just wanted to share and update.

Like many others, I grabbed a NZXT internal usb hub.

I have largely resolved the Commander Pro and attached AIO disconnects I was experiencing. For a few days now the hub has happily run the Commander and my H100i RGB without issue.

I will note that i was initially getting a usb ding when i'd poke the usb hub around.... but that's stopped, and at this stage, as long as things keep working, I don't wont to force a loose connection from the hub, commander or aio to come out of hiding.

Big point, and this ties in with my only apprehension with NZXT design

This is all running fine without the hub power plugged in!

Since everything connected has it's own Sata power, I was loath to put a whole molex cable into my modern day build. So I thought i'd try it without the molex power for the hub connected. And it all works, all the lights, the pump, fans etc, all in iCue, all happy.

So if you are thinking of the NZXT hub, and don't want to mess with your epic cable management, or ordering an addition sata->4pin addaptor, you don't actually need to worry ;)

• 1 month later...

Here to chime in as well on a similar issue, different MOBO.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 MOBO. I was trying at first to get my H100i to work with limited success. iCUE won't recognize it. I was able to get it recognized for a brief period by plugging it into a rear USB 2.0 port (not ideal as cable had be sent external). a few weeks later the internal USB recognized the cooler for a couple of days. Then it started the same issue you're all having with the disconnection noises.

I also purchased a lighting node pro with the RGB strips. I can only get that to work/recognize when I unplug and replug the USB cord to the device after windows is started. It errors out again after restart. I have ordered the NZXT hub and will see if that helps.

I have the unknown USB device error in device manager.

I'm having the same issues.... Even through all these numerous updates on ICUE and corsair devices.

I thought since I mainly purchased corsair devices it would all sync together nicely. This issue should have been fixed by now. I keep trying to adjust the settings with hope that it won't happen again.

Somone please post if you find a solution. Don't see the point of buying the NZXT USB hub since it shouldn't be necessary!

Hello, I'm joining the gang.

Here's my spec:

AMD Ryzen 3600X

Asus Prime B450

2x8 go Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz

MSI Armor 1060 6 go

Corsair RM 650X

-

Logitech g300s

Corsair Commander pro + 4x Corsair HD120 + 4 Corsair lighting node

Corsair ST 100

Corsair K70 mk2

Corsair MM800

Corsair Void Pro Wireless

Corsair iCUE v3.25.60

------

Since I have this new setup (december), I'm experiencing random usb shutdowns on my commander pro (fans keep running but everything lights off), ST100, MM800 and my Void Pro.

The K70 and my logitech mouse stays on.

It could happen 5 times per hour or nothing in 5 hours, but for sure, this is quite disturbing. It mainly happens during gaming, but it happened once on idle.

I tried to unplug ST100, closing some background apps (Steam,Origin, Battlenet, Logitech mouse app), nothing helped.

The only solution that seems to work for me is closing iCue but I have to say goodbye to synced light effects and custom fan curves. :mad:

At least, It allows me to play without usb disconnections (especially the headset during gaming sessions... :evil:).

Before that, I had the same corsair stuff on another pc (Asus Prime Z370 + i3 8350k) I never had these issues. :confused:

Corsair? Please? Could you do something? :sigh!:

Edited by vivz

My build:

AMD 3700X (Wraith Prism RGB)

ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming (RGB)

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 (2x8GB kit)

ASUS Strix 1050Ti (RGB)

I have solved this issue on my board and I am posting this if anybody else may experience this issue that has been a problem for many.

I have installed all the products and related software from the accompanying disc and then updating the software online. It didn't work 100% and I too, got this annoying device disconnect sound as soon as I would login and then my all RGB devices would display their individual settings.

It baffled me. I then decided to wipe my drive and start from scratch (it may not be necessary in your case) and installed Windows 10. I installed each software device and restarted each and every time as required (very annoying). I then proceeded, once all main board and processor drivers and software were installed, to install the ASUS Aura software. Once installed I tested the mainboard and GPU RGB and it worked perfectly. At this point, no control over the RGB RAM. I then proceeded to install the Corsair iCue Software and ASUS Aura Plugin from Corsair and enable the full software control but still nothing. Even after restarting the PC after each install I still had the disconnecting device issue. I then proceeded to determined that it was the "corsair composite virtual input device" in Device Manager. I uninstalled it and shutdown. I then proceeded to swap my DRAM. ie. Slot 2 and Slot 4. I put Slot 4 in Slot 2 and vice-versa. I ensured that it was properly seated to boot.

FINALLY it worked and detected. I then proceeded to uninstall ASUS AURA and then it gave me the problem again. I uninstalled ASUS Armoury Crate as well and restarted. I reinstalled Armoury Crate and it detected again. From this dilemma I determined that the main cuplrit is the "corsair composite virtual input device" service that is stopping unexpectedly and I think Corsair developers need to fix it.

I hope this story of my solution helps you.

Screenshot of result uploaded as well.

:sunglasse

USB Disconnect/Connect Sounds with RGB Issues:

Build is below. I finished building this last week and have been having issues with sounds of USB reconnecting/connecting mainly while playing games (WoW). I have a total of 8 fans (LL120's). 2 are attached to my AIO's radiator, and the other 6 are just in the case. I have the whole setup using a Commander Pro with 2 Corsair RGB fan hubs. I use iCUE to get everything lit up. I use Aura Sync software only for the MOBO's RGB.

These are things that happen when the dc/rc sound starts:

The RGB on the Asus x570 go blank, and then go into rainbow mode, and i lose my previous settings

My 6 fans connected to my Commander Pro for RGB, go blank, and then return to their normal white color

Sometimes only the MOBO's RGB goes on/off and the fans stay the same

What is going on? I feel like my 850W PSU is more than enough to power my new rig. Nothing affects my performance. No FPS stutter, no nothing. Just the RGB goes off and on in sync with the USB sounds. I have 2 USB 3.0 header's on my MOBO. One is attached to my AIO and the other is the commander pro. Is one header taking on commander pro, 6 fans and their respective RGB too much? I have considered maybe using the NZXT internal hub to split up some of the work between the 2 USB headers on my motherboard. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME X570-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC WHITE Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular

596507302_ArmouryCrateAuraSyncwithDRAM.thumb.PNG.89147ebd923a38862868af14a54d70cc.PNG

Here to chime in as well on a similar issue, different MOBO.

I have a Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 MOBO. I was trying at first to get my H100i to work with limited success. iCUE won't recognize it. I was able to get it recognized for a brief period by plugging it into a rear USB 2.0 port (not ideal as cable had be sent external). a few weeks later the internal USB recognized the cooler for a couple of days. Then it started the same issue you're all having with the disconnection noises.

I also purchased a lighting node pro with the RGB strips. I can only get that to work/recognize when I unplug and replug the USB cord to the device after windows is started. It errors out again after restart. I have ordered the NZXT hub and will see if that helps.

I have the unknown USB device error in device manager.

Just an update to my personal experience. I ordered the NZXT device and received it today.

I was able to get iCUE to recognize the h100i rgb platinum but not my lighting node pro. I did a couple of reconnects on the USB ends and restarted a few times but then the h100i disappeared as well. I swapped cables from the micro/mini to 9pin USB to a micro/mini to standard USB and was able to bring up LNP for a brief period. I quickly changed the hardware lighting to match my desired profile and it disappeared again after another restart(keeping my base hardware lighting, not the advanced profile lighting). The cooler seemed to stick around and I am now able to keep my 100i in iCUE, but not the LNP. I still get the Unknown USB Device in device manager for any cable I use on LNP. H100i seems to stick around using a standard USB to micro USB plugged into the pump head indicating I may have a bad cable there. It seems nothing will work using the 9pin connectors though.

Still continues to frustrate. I've invested in additional hardware and my case is covered in extra cables. It certainly seems like a software issue as multiple cables/connected locations still don't work. This was my first foray into RGB and choosing Corsair was a huge mistake I won't be making in the future - Do not recommend to the legion of nerds.

Edited by mark_the_bawss

Just put together a new AMD build last weekend and added a bunch of fans and nifty new Corsair stuff to it. Little did I know about this. I went with the Asus Prime X570-Pro, as many others did and a 3700x cpu. I've got a H115i platinum with 4 ML140's in a push pull config, 2 QL120's on the floor as intake fans, a QL140 as rear exhaust, and 2 LL140's for a top exhaust. The non-cooler fans are connected to to RGB Hubs and then to the Commander Pro, I also have a LED Node Pro that I plan to be hooking strips to at some point. Rounding out the internals I've got a AX860i, tied in through the corsair link adapter. It's all housed inside a white 780T case. Outside I've got a K95 RGB (18 G-Key model), an M65, and a MM800 Polaris.

I started noticing the usb disconnect sound earlier this week. Given the number of internal hook ups I needed and the fact that nothing seemed to want to work through the Commander Pro's two USB ports, I'd already ordered a 4 port internal header off from amazon (didn't know about the disconnects or the NZXT preferred solution yet).

As of last night the disconnects were driving me nuts. The hub arrived today and as of right now, I haven't had any disconnect sounds that I've been present for yet. Given the frequency I was getting them at before I should have had 3-4 in the time I've spent typing this. I'm going to take that as a good sign. Just wanted to add my experience to thread in the hopes this eventually gets solved. :D:

So, I'm following everyone else on here because I've been searching all night for this fix. I have yet to find a fix.

I built my entire PC monday, Tuesday, 4/14. When I first got it running, I downloaded everything i needed such as steam, discord, xbox companion (for my yet-to-convert console pleb friends) icue, etc. No issues as of yesterday. Today, I hooked up my monitor USBs to some of the rear ports, both being 3.2 gen 2. I have my mouse, keyboard, and corsair void pro adapters plugged into the 3.2 gen 1s. Today I also downloaded steelseries engine for my monitor rgb led control, and a program for my gigabyte rgb control on the gpu, not sure which i downloaded first but both were in the same ten minutes.

I purchased the corsair x570 crystal which comes with three SP series case fans. I could not get them and the LL series on my h100i and additional case fan to work at the same time via the rgb hub. I called corsair and their customer service techs were actually helpful and I had one on the phone within 2 minutes so i was pleasantly surprised with that. Found out I cant have two different series fans in the same rgb hub. I ordered another 3 pack of LL series white fans so I can run all fans on the same rgb hub. As of now, I have my 1 LL case fan, and 2 LL h100 fans running in ports 1,2,3 on the rgb hub and left 4,5,6 empty until I get my other 3 LL.

At some point AFTER THIS probably about 4pm when I got all lights working and everything the way they should be, this disconnect/connect started happening. It seems to be very random, however on a every 10-20 minute basis. I now have like 10 "(1)" symbols on my mouse on icue, assuming that my mouse has been a primary victim to this disconnect/reconnect for whatever reason.

Specs:

x570 Prime Pro

3x LL120 fans (two of which are on H100i)

Corsair RGB Hub (only ports 1,2,3 in use)

Corsair Commander Pro

RMX850 PSU

I am still running a steelseries engine program for LEDs on my monitors but I have zero confidence in that having any involvement, however, I'm going to uninstall to see if that solves anything. I just downgraded icue to 3.20.80 to see if that was the issue, (i was currently on the newest one 3.27.68).

AS FOR USB PORTS

Commander pro is plugged into a usb 2.0 port on my mobo, along with my h100i cpu pump. ZERO of the 9-pin USB ports on the commander pro are in use. Only ports on my commander pro in use are fan power slots 1-6, and LED channels 1 (4 corsair led strips) and 2 (corsair rgb hub).

I noticed a lot of people stated this is quite a common issue, moreso with the x570 mobo being a common denominator, however, we're all using the commander pro. I'll go ahead and say it has something to do with either corsair software or the commander pro in one way or another. I've tested all usb ports and even drained power to disconnect, check and reconnect all usb ports 2.0 and 3.2 on my mobo. Everything checked out. Corsair needs to find a fix for this because this is ridiculous running a $2,000+ rig (at least one third of which went straight to corsair) and be having this issue among so many people.

Edited by scoobylou

Am I the only one who "fixed" this issue by closing iCue?

(For sure, it's not a fix, but if usb disconnections stops after closing icue, then iCue is probably the issue.)

from what i've read, yeah you're probably the only one. Seems like everyone has tried that, including uninstalling icue amongst other LED controlling software, nothing appears to work.

I called customer support again, I removed certain USB devices from devices and printers to get rid of duplicates, and in the midst of doing that, the computer removed and added my corsair dark core SE mouse wireless driver (i use wired but have the usb plugged in for updates). It appears that somewhere in corsair software OR hardware, is causing the mobo or software to go through each and ever USB port and disconnect and reconnect every one. So, for instance here, it was my mouse. next will be the keyboard. next will be the 9-pin on the mobo disconnecting the fans and leds, then back to the mouse, and so forth. It appears it's just going around in circles on my ports disconnecting and reconnecting.

Corsair support suggested icue version 3.18.77, which did nothing to fix the problem. I'm at a loss for words at this point and spending as much money as i did on this build, including corsair products, i'm reconsidering ever using corsair again because this is ridiculous.

So, today I did a fresh install of windows, and formatted pretty much everything. I switched sata cables on the commander pro. I ran nothing but google chrome in the mean time, with "devices and printers" on my right monitor so i could monitor connections. after about 20 minutes when i finally thought i was good, commander pro blinked and i got the disconnect/connect sound.

Literally nothing other than chrome was installed at this time, icue had not even been searched on my browser. I'm personally going to rule this one as a faulty commander pro and i'm putting in for a replacement and hope for the best.

First-time poster! I am running 3 Lightning Nodes and the COPRO (4 LL140 fans) and (16 LL120 fans). Corsair 1000D case RGB and Corsair RAM cooler.

I have been dealing with the dreaded USB disconnecting issue. After all, attempts failed. Software and connecting fans differently etc. I switched how my Corsair RGB USB was connected.

I am using an NZXT USB hub. I had the USB setup as COPRO to ASUS Formula X USB header. Connected the NZXT to the COPRO. H1200i to COPRO USB header. All other Corsair RGB attached to NZXT.

Once I connected the NZXT to the ASUS MB header. connected the COPRO to the NZXT and connected all corsair RGB to the NZXT. All RGB are working as they should be.... I have more data showing for the HX1200i.

On my setup, it seems the COPRO USB Headers were the issue.

Just wanted to chime in and say I'm also in the exact same boat as many of you. I first noticed the issue 6 months ago and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem, but luckily when my fans/mobo RGBs disconnect/reconnect/blink on and off, nothing else was really affected so I gave up and left it alone. Decided to give it another shot at troubleshooting today and I'm glad I did because it led me to this thread.

Asus X570-Pro motherboard, h100i RGB Platinum SE, Commander Pro, and a bunch of fans.

Unfortunately the NZXT Internal USB Hub seems to be out of stock everywhere at the moment but I did try ordering a basic USB splitter that was linked in another thread, hoping it works.

Crazy that this is still an issue with no real solution after all this time

Hello everyone,

Just like some of you, I registered an account just to post on this thread. I guess I'm in good company.

I haven't built a system in 10 years and back in my days, LED lit fans were just coming into vogue. Now everyone and their uncle has a computer that looks like it can house a rave.

Anyway, I was really excited to try the commander pro since it was an All-In-One solution for both the RGB and PWM fans. I even started filming a review video explaining how it works. And now I'm here. Yes, I have the same problem as everyone else. The constant connecting and disconnecting usb sound.

Even during the build, I was wondering how the Commander Pro was able to communicate and manage all that information through only one USB 2.0 port. I read all of your comments and saw the lack of response from Corsair to acknowledge the issue or offer any proposals to fixing the issue.

So I've decided to simplify and fall back on the Lighting Node Pro for RGB control. Take the fans and control them separately through the ASUS motherboard CPU_Fan and CHA_Fan headers.

Instead of adding an additional USB 2.0 hub, I would rather take out the Commander Pro and give the job to the ASUS mobo.

I have 9 fans. 3x LL120 up top on the 360 rad, 3x LL120 on the side, and 3x NZXT on the bottom. I bought 3x 3 PWM fan splitters so that the fans only take up 3 out of the 7 fan headers. The 3 rad fans will connect to CPU_Fan and the side / bottom will connect to CHA_Fan.

Moral of the story: the more complex the system, the easier it is for something to go awry.

Alright so, I dared to order the nzxt hub from newegg even when everywhere else says it's out of stock, even when newegg says "sold and shipped by nzxt." I had it in 3 days due to their good shipping. I have YET to have any disconnectivity issues, so I'm going to go ahead and agree that it's probably a bad usb port or wiring on the commander for the load of fans and other power it's taking. NZXT hub seems to have worked as a middle power point or something for it.

So i ended up having my disconnects coming back after a few days, and in worse fashion.

It would disconnect all USB devices at once this time.

Reminder im running the X570-P board and Icue is on version 3.28.70.

Only one Commander /w attached RGB hub.

So I uninstalled all USB drivers in Device Manager till i couldn't use anything. Then just used the power button to restart the PC and let windows reinstall all the USB drivers on boot up.

Some items needed a fresh install like my audio based stuff but otherwise,

As of 4/23 at 10pm i have had no disconnects from any USB device.

Ill post back here if that changes.

So i ended up having my disconnects coming back after a few days, and in worse fashion.

It would disconnect all USB devices at once this time.

Reminder im running the X570-P board and Icue is on version 3.28.70.

Only one Commander /w attached RGB hub.

So I uninstalled all USB drivers in Device Manager till i couldn't use anything. Then just used the power button to restart the PC and let windows reinstall all the USB drivers on boot up.

Some items needed a fresh install like my audio based stuff but otherwise,

As of 4/23 at 10pm i have had no disconnects from any USB device.

Ill post back here if that changes.

Trying this now since I've tried almost everything already!

You can remote connect to the desktop to reboot it without USB Peri.

I made an account to say it's also happening to me. Super frustrating culmination to a new build. I'm using the x570 Prime Pro, like a lot of people, along with the Commander, H100i plat, and the Lighting Node Core (6 QL's hooked up to it).

Since my motherboard only has 2 USB 2.0 headers, when I ordered the parts I figured that I could just hook the H100i and the Node Core up through the Commander. I didn't know about this issue.

I built a few days ago, couldn't get the H100i and the Node Core to show up in icue, and found this thread. Since it seemed like a USB hub was supposed to resolve the issue, and the NZXT was is sold out everywhere, I ordered this one from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076Q8685Y/

It showed up today and I just installed it, with the H100i and the Node Core hooked up through it. I can see the H100i and the Node Core in iCue now, and I can control them, which is a step better than before.

However, it has not stopped the constant USB disconnects and reconnects and sounds.

In the meantime, this is what I’ve done and it’s made it more manageable:

• Since I wanted a solid white color anyway, I’ve set the fan profiles and lights on my stuff in icue and saved them to hardware profiles so I don’t have to keep icue running all the time. That’s seemed to help.

• Went through my power management options and set it so the computer can’t turn off USB devices. Also did the same in device manager and made it so the computer can’t turn off USB devices to save power.

• Uninstalled Armory crate, since that seemed to mess with things, and just set up motherboard stuff in Aura, then closed it.

• Turned off the usb connect/disconnect sound in windows, since it was driving me insane.

All this to say, I don’t think the problem is fixed, but it’s made it much more tolerable. It still happening occasionally, I think. It’s hard to tell now that I set everything in hardware profiles. But at least the sound isn’t driving me insane anymore.

My Setup

Crosshair Hero VIII x570

AMD Ryzen 3900x

AMD 5700XT Gigabyte

G.Skilll Trident NEO 16GB ( 2x 8GB ) 3600Mhz

Corsair H150i PRO AIO cooler

6x LL120 RGB Fans Black ( Connected to Commander Pro )

Commander Pro

Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Case Razor Edition with 2x RGB strips

2 x Strimmer cable RGB 1x Power cable RGB and 1 x Video cable RGB

Thermaltake Internal USB hub

1. Buy a powered internal USB hub

..NZXT internal USB hub

OR

..H200 internal USB hub

2. REMOVE ALL USB Devices that are plugged into the Commander Pro

3. Plug Those Devices into your new internal USB hub

4. MAKE SURE you have ZERO USB devices plugged into the CommanderPro

5. Enjoy trouble free opperation